UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

My keep = Vendor Mall?

reflex44

Wanderer
My keep = Vendor Mall?

Hi,

I'm considering converting my keep to a vendor mall, but would like to get at least 50 people interested in placing a vendor there before I opened it up for vendoring.

I've been on the server for 1700 days, and I don't play much anymore, so I figured this would be a nice way to give back to the community.

Yes, I will be charging, either a flat rate for placement, or a weekly charge -- I'll be thinking about that, after I see if enough people are interested.

I've attached a photo below of the keep and its location -- which is very nice.

Leave a message here if you're interested, or send me an aim, or PM!

Attachments

• keepy.jpg
    keepy.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 270
Re: My keep = Vendor Mall?

50 people to a non high traffic location like yew bank, should be hard to fill, plus charging for it, should even be harder. the kids at yew bank can't even fill there vendors when they have the best spot in game and want only 20k a week which is cheap, i got a vendormall 1 screen from yew bank roof, and it only gets full because i charge 0gp and it has a nice high traffic location and i throw 200+mil on it,

just my honest opinion on it 50 vendors is alot to fill sir.

reflex44

Wanderer

UOGamers50;2117188 said:
just my honest opinion on it 50 vendors is alot to fill sir.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping, though, to get enough people to say they would jump in on it, knowing that only half would probably end up committing. I mean, the idea is to create a mall so big that there will always be great, stocked vendors... ya know?

And I think for something like this, I would only charge a nominal flat rate for placing the vendor, like 5-10k -- no weekly fees.

What do you think?

Addicted

Disciple

I think for it to be successful, you would need to build up the reputation yourself. Spend a few months constantly stocking vendors and making the place known as a great vendor. Once you have a reputation, then you can start moving people in.

Even then it would take a lot of managing to keep the owners from flaking on their vendors. Either way, it won't happen without a lot of time put into it by you.

reflex44

Wanderer

Addicted;2117330 said:
Spend a few months constantly stocking vendors

I don't, exactly, foresee this happening! I was just thinking about having a grand opening type of deal. Find the people, get the vendors together, and then BAM!

But I'm open to critical feedback -- if it's not possible, it's just not possible

Mara

Knight

I would shop there, and maybe even use a vendor if it was free. I'm willing to go anywhere though to get what I need, since it is pretty easy to find places with any of the Map programs, with just the vendor's coordinates given. I don't usually try to set up vendors at the major sites because I really only build up things for sale on a bulk or intermittent basis.

In order to get good traffic though, someone (maybe the people that you are letting set up vendors), would have to do a lot of advertising work in the beginning to get things rolling, since it won't be easy to find and is not near a guardzone. It would probably need persistent advertising efforts on the forums and in-game(leaving marked runes around, gating) to stay successful. I personally like vendors out in the middle of nowhere better, since there usually isn't as much crap happening when I'm trying to buy stuff.

its a great idea, i just think it would work with time tho, like addicited said, months of hard work to get it known , thats why i paid 15mil for a 10x10 size house at yew bank, it has the high traffic already

and i made that amount back in profit within a week or 2, if u want to do a vendormall, u gotta get near a already high traffic area if u don't want to invest time making it widely known

RAKninja

Page

UOGamers50;2117580 said:
its a great idea, i just think it would work with time tho, like addicited said, months of hard work to get it known , thats why i paid 15mil for a 10x10 size house at yew bank, it has the high traffic already

and i made that amount back in profit within a week or 2, if u want to do a vendormall, u gotta get near a already high traffic area if u don't want to invest time making it widely known

15 mill?

wowzers. makes me feel good having one closer to SL faction stone that i bought for 500k. my vendor has already paid for the house 3x over.

as for the OP, for one as far "out of the way" as your keep is, you'd most likely have to have someone macro-gating. charging a fee for vendors if you do that would be quite acceptable.

reflex44

Wanderer

Mara;2117456 said:
(leaving marked runes around, gating) to stay successful.

That's a great oldschool trick. Well, I'll advertise for a bit at brit bank this week to see if I can get a few more heads turning towards the idea. If you guys know anyone, please show them the post -- I'd love to get working on this a bit more.

Thanks.

RAKninja;2117723 said:
15 mill?

wowzers. makes me feel good having one closer to SL faction stone that i bought for 500k. my vendor has already paid for the house 3x over.

as for the OP, for one as far "out of the way" as your keep is, you'd most likely have to have someone macro-gating. charging a fee for vendors if you do that would be quite acceptable.

15mil in profit within first/2nd week of a brand new vendormall is pretty good, just my 2cents

reflex44

Wanderer

Mara;2117456 said:
I would shop there, and maybe even use a vendor if it was free.

I'll consider that an interested person! And probably about 5 others based on the posts from individuals here. I'll continue looking for the other 40!

anon1

Wanderer

id shop anywhere, just gimme a rune and a deal. would place vendor but only @ no cost since I already have to pay vendor fees....and ive already got a vendor placed elsewhere. but anything that gives people another place pvp and another place to shop is a plus.

reflex44

Wanderer

Cynical Machine 2.0;2118433 said:
Hate to bust your balls, but.....

with a ninja edit: I'd add a vendor if it was free, or only a low one time payment; no weekly fees though.

Looks like I've got about 10 people now. Boom.

wkstrm

Lord

Just as a reminder to those people feeling excessive use of ugly words/insults are nessecary, this is still the trade forum and the rules still apply. If you can't behave yourself then don't post! Next person posting something irrelevant after this post will get an infraction and TF ban! You have been warned!

I'd take a few vendors and keep them stocked if your mall was to open. But here is the issue I'm seeing with your mall. Safety. With a mall of this size, you are asking for all pk guilds to camp your mall and just wait for the unlucky bastard to recall/gate on in.
Also w/o being in a high traffic area you are going to have to provide main time gating to attract people to your mall. But then your right back at where I started... Pks.

All vendor malls have to be next to a Guard Zone imo. Otherwise its too easy for paying customers to get fucked over.

i think its a great idea. to just have 50 different vendors so people can just have a one stop shop. they know what they want should be there so they only go there instead of other places. and if you charged a flat 5k per week thats pocket change. this could be very successful. but then ud probually need to like hire guards lmao because PK's would nonstop be there.