UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Name That (Game) Tune! (Version II)

psz

Administrator
Since search is busted, I'll just create a new thread.

Rules are simple: I will paste and De-MIDI-ized version of a game song, you name the game.

1 point for the correct game name, and 1 additional point if you can also post the name of the song and/or where it's used in that game (Where applicable)

We'll start with an easy one (Like... Seriously easy.... ):

http://psz01.dyndns.org:2494/Name-Tune/Song1.wma

psz

Administrator
Correct, on both counts (2 points!) I would have also accepted "Aerith/Aeris' Theme"

Esk: 2

Next up, a bit harder (Not happy with the sound quality... This particular soundfont doesn't seem to like reverb, and I just don't like the levelling):
http://psz01.dyndns.org:2494/Name-Tune/Song2.wma

And I will admit: This is actually two songs knitted together (They were originally <song-name> A and <same-song-name> B, so I just threw them together. They DO play pretty much at the same point of the game.

Darnit, I knew I had the first one, but I wasn't 100% sure on it being Aeris', (having not actually played FF VII 100% through myself...) so I didn't risk it. Have to give the second one a little thought...

Also, I wonder, since PSZ is posting these, how many WON'T be from RPGs? The first one threw me off a little for, y'know, being FF rather than a western RPG... ;)

psz

Administrator
The first two are RPGs. The next couple won't be. I plan to mix it up.

(C'mon... I didn't think #2 was THAT hard!)

psz

Administrator
Right-click/Save-as might work. They're just WMA files, so they just open in Media Player for me.

psz

Administrator
Uncorrect! (Hint: Right series.... I only put it after Aeris' song because I figured that'd make it easier... Guess I should have waited until we got to the Medium-to-Hard section V_V)

Something in me wants to scream Kuja or Kefka or something. Not entirely sure, if this is post FFVII i stopped giving a shit about final fantasy after i watched the intro cutscene to VIII (Amazing intro, but the game bored the shit outta me due to beating the hell out of the SEED tests and being rich from the get.)

psz

Administrator
Well, on to song 3 then:

http://psz01.dyndns.org:2494/Name-Tune/Song3.wma

Some notes/hints:

The song itself was made using a Raw MT-32 rip of the MIDI commands, converted to General MIDI, and finally I adjusted the instruments (To make up the difference between Raw MT32 and Raw General MIDI instrumentation).

So, it's not perfect (I find it's not deep enough), but there you have it.

The game is from the very early 1990s (EGA/VGA era), and is made up of various sections that are considered everything from Puzzle to Action to Strategy.

That third one almost sounds like it's from Lemmings 2.. Your description of the game certainly seems to match. 'course, I'm probably way off.