UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

new character. Help with skills for tamer

KiLLengeR

Sorceror
Hi everyone :)
I play in UO more then 9 years, but I didn't do anyone tamer :) I was doing macer/sworder with necro in doom and I was been happy :)

But now I want to change my sword-necro character and do a tamer.
Prefer only one pet - Cu sidhe.
Hit Points: 512
Stats: 604 / 128 / 95
Resists: 60/ 38 / 75 / 31 / 79
Skills:
Wrestling: 100
Tactics: 100
Resisting Spells: 97.9
Anatomy: 100
Healing: 90

It's ok special for doom? And one point: I am also playing when all server is sleeping. Can I do it solo?
And please - can you tell me what skills I must to do? (prefer a mage)
I am already get a full set 100lrc with a lot of luck. Now i need only jewely

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror
I would recommend making a new char, and immediatly Locking ALL skills except Taming ESPECIALLY ANIMAL LORE! This will make your taming go much faster.
Tame these animals:
0 to 35. - Hinds
35.1 to 53.1 - walruses and Polar Bears
53.1 to 65.1 - Snow Leopards
65.1 to 85 - White Wolves
83.1 to 95.1 - Ridgebacks
95.1 to 110 - Unicorns(females) or Kirins(male)
110 to 120 - Hiryus or Faction Trick(See Faction Trick Guide)

This was stolen from the skill guide in cart section here:

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/complete-skill-guide.386871/#post-3225964

KiLLengeR

Sorceror
I would recommend making a new char, and immediatly Locking ALL skills except Taming ESPECIALLY ANIMAL LORE! This will make your taming go much faster.
Tame these animals:
0 to 35. - Hinds
35.1 to 53.1 - walruses and Polar Bears
53.1 to 65.1 - Snow Leopards
65.1 to 85 - White Wolves
83.1 to 95.1 - Ridgebacks
95.1 to 110 - Unicorns(females) or Kirins(male)
110 to 120 - Hiryus or Faction Trick(See Faction Trick Guide)

This was stolen from the skill guide in cart section here:

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/complete-skill-guide.386871/#post-3225964

Thanks, friend :) but I use a skillball.
And I will buy only one pet - Cu Sudhe.
And question. Can I use Cu sudhe without taming ?

KiLLengeR

Sorceror
ok, guys, I will use the skillball:
Animal Lore 100
Taming 100
Veterinary 100
Magery 100
Eval 100
Necro 100
SS 100

What about 110-120 ?
What i can nerf and what I need to gain?
I repeat - I use only Cu sudhe !!

ne14pic

Sorceror
Necro and SS pick up a bloodwood spirit that will free up 10 necro and 5 ss or a midnight bracer will free up 20 necro

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror
ok, guys, I will use the skillball:
Animal Lore 100
Taming 100
Veterinary 100
Magery 100
Eval 100
Necro 100
SS 100

What about 110-120 ?
What i can nerf and what I need to gain?
I repeat - I use only Cu sudhe !!

Does your suit have alot of Mana Regen? If not I would drop eval for med and let your pet do most of the damage. Even without eval, Mind Blast, heal,cure,gate,recall etc work normally...If you don't have much MR on your suit, your eval wont help as you wont be casting very many spells....

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror
I just skill balled an elf tamer with:
Lore
Tame
Vet
Mage
Necro
SS
Med
ALthough i dont have any pets yet, this was a nice template I had previously. Great for spawning with Wraith/Wither plus pet damage....If I had an uber Lrc/LMC/MR suit, I would have went with Human(for JOAT Med,Focus, hide,track,reveal), and dropped med for eval...

Depends on what you are planning on doing with him..
for spawning I would keep eval as Wraith form will supply your mana..
If hes going to be a doomer go with Meditation for Gheal's/Arch Cure in addition to your vet

KiLLengeR

Sorceror
I already do a tamer:
Lore
Tame
Vet
Mage
Necro
SS
Eval

I think I need to change eval on meditation. With oly Cu sudhe I can't do a good damage. Today I CAN'T KILL THE FIRST boss in doom (Darknight Creeper)
It's really was been hard for me. I used nearly 800 of bandages and 1 hour of time. And finally I will die 2 times and kill him after one guy help me... First of all - I have only 40 int... and 120 dex. i didn't use the stat ball (in my opinion I think that my pet will do a good damage for kill the bosses... My first FAIL :) No I think to change Eval and do a meditaton. And secondly - I want to get a Great Dragon with nightmare. Somebody tell me - Can I get this 2 pets in one time?

KiLLengeR

Sorceror
mate, but I can't use sleyer book, because all my suit for luck 1300+
Now I want buy a Great Dragon and drop my SS to change for meditation.
Why SS ? Not Eval ? It's easy. In doom I use only leech form and Wraith form. :) For damage I use magery.

KiLLengeR

Sorceror
imho wraith form need to do a mass atack.
In doom i think better will be lich form.. He gain a good mana regen. With meditation it will be very good!

ne14pic

Sorceror
And yes you can use a slayer book, luck is not calculated until the killing blow, so when it hits 20% just swap it out for your sops

Use slayer spellbook, keep spirit speak, use wraith form.

Corpse Skin
Fireball x 100+ till target is dead

Is better than medi and lich.

Indika

Sorceror
you actually dont even really need necro... if you bring Wraith Form scrolls with you. you may have 0 necro

i used this for a while:
Lore
Tame
Vet
Mage
Eval

if your in wraith form with slayer spellbook, inscription is 10% to spell damage.
make a magic arrow fireball macro on the same hot key.

you can solo all of doom with a cu sidhe like this