UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[NEW] Guild?

PraWN

Wanderer
[NEW] Guild?

I'm thinking about starting up a [NEW] guild to help out new players, by giving them free stuff and a relatively safe place to train and macro... Before I do though, I was just wondering if there is already such a thing? No point in having two [NEW] guilds :p

If there is, can someone direct me to contact information for the guildmaster of the guild because I'd very much like to help out... If there isn't, is there anybody out there willing to help me with such a thing?

Thanks

Re: [NEW] Guild?

There was one ran by Countessa a while back, she's been long disbanded it though so you are free to go. Goodluck with it too. :)

malakhi

Wanderer

In my experience, its a waste of time. You dont get many newbies, just whiney kids who want a free ride and for you to make all their characters.

PraWN

Wanderer

Yeah I've thought about that kind of thing happening, but all the same... I'm a nice person who likes to help out people, so expect to see a [NEW] guild fairly soon :)

djsaul

Wanderer

in complete contrast to the post above, it would be a worthwhile and rewarding thing to do for the shard since we get sooooooo many new players everyday. i'm sure you can tell who is really new and who isn't. i can't believe a counselor would say that.

Addicted

Disciple

henton said:
in complete contrast to the post above, it would be a worthwhile and rewarding thing to do for the shard since we get sooooooo many new players everyday. i'm sure you can tell who is really new and who isn't. i can't believe a counselor would say that.

I try to help new players...but like he said, it just turns into a bunch of people using you.

PraWN

Wanderer

henton said:
I've thought up a plan to tackle the problem of existing players pretending to be new players anyway... A screenshot of their character selection page and a screenshot of their character paperdoll with their profile next to it, which will tell me exactly what characters they have on their account and how long they have been playing :)

Addicted

Disciple

PraWN said:
I've thought up a plan to tackle the problem of existing players pretending to be new players anyway... A screenshot of their character selection page and a screenshot of their character paperdoll with their profile next to it, which will tell me exactly what characters they have on their account and how long they have been playing :)

That's easy to fake using just mspaint.

Honestly, the best thing you can do is help people that you can tell need it as you come across them.

But good luck.

this is a good idea besides one thing. it will be hard to recruit new players. ive only found out that uog had forums 2 months after starting playing here, so i dunno, but in general this idea is very good. another thing to watch out for is people that will steal ur things. never leave things that u plan on keeping and givving acces to everyone, cause everytime people do this, some one will steal it. not saying they will do it, but in a group of people thers always an ass that will fuck you over.

PraWN

Wanderer

Addicted said:
I try to help new players...but like he said, it just turns into a bunch of people using you.
They won't be staying in the [NEW] guild forever, just until they're established enough to be able to work on their own... When they get to that stage I'll release them from the guild

I thought it would be a good idea to start up something like this, as there are so many PKs and grievers out there that can drive away newcomers quite easily

PraWN

Wanderer

NASTY_DEVILx said:
this is a good idea besides one thing. it will be hard to recruit new players. ive only found out that uog had forums 2 months after starting playing here, so i dunno, but in general this idea is very good. another thing to watch out for is people that will steal ur things. never leave things that u plan on keeping and givving acces to everyone, cause everytime people do this, some one will steal it. not saying they will do it, but in a group of people thers always an ass that will fuck you over.
Yeah good point, maybe best to keep my personal things seperate from the [NEW] guild things then... I won't be recruiting players just from the forums because of the reasons you said, but mostly just people I see in and around town who look new and in need of some help

djsaul

Wanderer

i would do like addicted said and just pick out obviously new players. thats bound to be your most successful angle

PraWN

Wanderer

Well I've got the house and guild all done and sorted, but I have another problem... I want to make a post on the forums about the whole guild and stuff, but I don't know where I should post it? It's not really a PvP or Roleplaying guild so I can't post it there and it's no good posting it in General Discussion or here because it'll be lost in a few days, so where should I post it? :eek:

Highlander-hybrid

Legendary Member

I get about 3 e-mail's a day from new people after what I did ( still doing). Do a search for, " Are you new? Need a spell book? "

I let people use a spot of mine for MAcroing, make them rune books, spell books, armour, etc. I didn't bother making a guild though, most new players jump around a bit with characters, restart them after finding out they did something wrong, and they are on at different times. I didn't find there would be much use for a guild :) .

I only had 2 people try and use me so far, though I didn't fall for it when they wanted some stuff, considering the other person was on here posting PvP stuff of him winning, while claiming to be new.

I've gotten donations and such as well from people trying to help me out. If you want to do this, I will help you out with it. It get's frustrating by yourself, I go day's in a row just running for people for about 6-7 hour's straight, making characters ( telling them), giving stuff, showing htem around, teaching them to paly etc. While it's fun to do that, after a couple of day's it start's to take it's toll.

So, in short, I would be more then willing to help you out, I'd take IM's for yeah ( just if you are talking to people already and need some help or whatever) I'd put a character in the guild to talk to them, make books and item's and the such, that is if you want. Just remember not to give out too much the first couple days someone is on, they may not be on again :).

It is alot of fun doing this, as I said, that post has been dead for a long time and new player's are messaging me every day :). Give me a shout,
MSN: [email protected]
AIM: highlanderGCB

Edit: Post it in the general discussion.

PraWN

Wanderer

Thanks alot for your offer of help! I've added you to my MSN... I've only just started using AIM and I'm still a complete noob with it because I'm an idiot :p