UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

new rp char

new rp char

I currently have 4 chars in total. Cloud my main char who i use to do most things (bushido archer), Raziel my gaunt char (archer tamer, was mage tamer), and i also have a pure mage who i never use and a tailor i use when i get around to it. Since all i ever do is gaunt or mess around with friends doing yamadons, doom, paragons, dungeons, fishing, the occasional fell adventure, etc, i was thinking of making a rp char. I thought about this in the past but never got around to it since i got addicted to gauntlet. My question is what sort of chars are good for rp, as in do diff guilds have diff types of template such as a mage guild in which case youd need magery. I use archers primarily but was thinkin of a dexxer for my rper. Also is it more important to make the char pvpish or more pvmish, or the abiltiy to do both?

Could someone also tell me a little about the guilds there are and what they do, where there based etc.

Im gonna get started on ideas for my new char

WarUO

Sorceror
Re: new rp char

Your best bet to find out the info on the Guilds is to go to RPring.com. Each guild there has there own section with all there info. Also shoot Two Wolves a PM is you have any questions he is the one who seems to have the most insight into our RP world.

Two Wolves

Knight

To read in-game books by guilds who donated them to the RP Guild Library visit the RP Community center building located in the Grove of Love clearing.

A short run-down of guild information that you should know,
[DAA] Demise Adventurers Alliance (Administrative) Unrestricted

[Yew] State of Yew (Neutral) (mainly fighters, hostile toward magic, at war with orcs)

[SoF] Seeker's of Fortune (Good) (Merchants and Adventurers) Unrestricted

[SC] Shadow Cabal (Neutral) (Elves Only, secretive)

[Wolf] Wolf Clan (Neutral) ("Native" Humans Only, Dark Skin, Wolf Name, Tribal Lifestyle)

[DROW] The Dark Elves (Evil) (Elves Only, Dark Skin, Hostile)

[Orc] Bloodclan Orcs (Evil) (Orcs Only, highly specialized read bloodclanorcs.com)

[KoT] Knights of Terror (Evil) (Death Knights)

[RobU] Robbers of Ultima (Neutral) (Thieves Only) (Not Recruiting)

There is no need to join a guild or fit into a particular mold to get involved with RP. It is only necessary to participate in combat and stealing. To find out what is going on, best to visit rpring.com.

There are regular times for meeting for events, Monday at 9 Central and Saturday Noon. Things always start by gathering up at the RP Center.

DAA guilds building the RP Community Center are not the only game in town, but we are activity seeking and recruiting all existing RP groups in order to attempt a consolidation for greater impact and to improve the odds of having an RP encounter.

One simple step would be for RP Guild leaders to join, Demise Role Players Community social group on these forums.

Bjorg

Wanderer

The Rogue Samurai Cloud;558965 said:
I currently have 4 chars in total. Cloud my main char who i use to do most things (bushido archer), Raziel my gaunt char (archer tamer, was mage tamer), and i also have a pure mage who i never use and a tailor i use when i get around to it. Since all i ever do is gaunt or mess around with friends doing yamadons, doom, paragons, dungeons, fishing, the occasional fell adventure, etc, i was thinking of making a rp char. I thought about this in the past but never got around to it since i got addicted to gauntlet. My question is what sort of chars are good for rp, as in do diff guilds have diff types of template such as a mage guild in which case youd need magery. I use archers primarily but was thinkin of a dexxer for my rper. Also is it more important to make the char pvpish or more pvmish, or the abiltiy to do both?

Could someone also tell me a little about the guilds there are and what they do, where there based etc.

Im gonna get started on ideas for my new char

Any kind of template can be good for RP. It partly depends on what your character's personality and profession might be. Some guilds have accepted templates that they allow in their guilds, others are open. In the Seekers of Fortune, for expample, we do not restrict character templates... however, we do have a behavior code which might make "some" skills not as useful. For example, we have a strict no-stealing code, which would mean an RP thief would probably not be welcome in our guild. One could have the skill, but could only use it for "treasure recovery" from non-playing characters and dungeons.

Bjorg

well when i started i made a samurai (i actually used the samurai temp rather than go advanced and make my own), and i really had no idea of how the game played. I added a load of skills that i thought sounded cool such as necro, archery, spellweave and my temp ended up with about 20 skills all at around 40 or something. Eventually i got the idea and honed my char into the cloud he is today :). When i discovered the forums i was in a pretty rpish mood (and was still to discover the lack off rp in the game) and my forum name was based on my rp idea for my char.

I liked the idea of a samurai warrior who, for some reason or other, (i like the idea that i killed my master, and am therefore banished and an outlaw, but all is not as it seems with my master ;)) im a kinda rogue on the run type thing. Anyone whos seen samurai champloo, ninja scroll, afro samurai, any manga based on samurai will get the idea. Hence "the rogue samurai cloud". Also at the time my paperdoll said gm rogue, samurai was my temp, and cloud my name.

However cloud has become my main char. He's well suited, is elder or legendary in skills, has complete stats. And he is my yamadon, blood, para, balron, random adventur guy. So i dont really wanna commit him to anything, just pvm :)

So i was thinking, that i would make a dexxer of some sort, and that he/she would be my rogue samurai. Basically like cloud but for rp. Also i cant seem to figure out this rpring site. I think im being thick but i cant seem to find or do anything on it!!