UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

No more 5mil tables?

Neppg

Sorceror
They got removed, for awhile the largest buy-in table was the one downstairs on the boat. They added a 10mil table to upstairs, where the 5M table used to be.

IIRC Ryan removed the tables from Nuj and Cove the same day he did the gold sink -event, adding shit like pure white kasas/neon sandals to his vendor to be purchased with ingame gold.

Never really understood why the 5M had to be removed...

Now the players with a stack like 700k won't survive downstairs, since people are playing 250k/fold.

The people who play the upstairs have enough money to go bust about 40 times with max buy-in - so that table only caters the truly rich players. I mean if you got an odd 10M to play with, there's no reason to join in because you'll lose it eventually unless you hit the swing of a century.

We need 5M back!

Last edited:

Vizeroth

Sorceror
They got removed, for awhile the largest buy-in table was the one downstairs on the boat. They added a 10mil table to upstairs, where the 5M table used to be.

IIRC Ryan removed the tables from Nuj and Cove the same day he did the gold sink -event, adding shit like pure white kasas/neon sandals to his vendor to be purchased with ingame gold.

Never really understood why the 5M had to be removed...

Now the players with a stack like 700k won't survive downstairs, since people are playing 250k/fold.

The people who play the upstairs have enough money to go bust about 40 times with max buy-in - so that table only caters the truly rich players. I mean if you got an odd 10M to play with, there's no reason to join in because you'll lose it eventually unless you hit the swing of a century.

We need 5M back!
250k/fold is advantageous to anyone with patience and basic knowledge, no matter how small their stack, when the blinds are so low.

Neppg

Sorceror
250k/fold is advantageous to anyone with patience and basic knowledge, no matter how small their stack, when the blinds are so low.
I agree that it is advantageous because of the blinds in some degree, meaning that you'll survive a little bit longer, but still you have a greater chance of losing your stack than doubling up in a long term because more loose big stack players generally hit more than the tight ass rocks that wait for the high cards.

Playing super tight poker waiting for KK's and AA's and shoving isn't really a good strategy - it's even worse strategy in UO because you'll often see 7 players in a pot, assuming the table is full, when someone raised 10x the big blind...

That's exactly the reason big sharks in UO win more and more money, because they can afford playing stupidly loose and hit with bad starting hands cracking the AA's and KK's medium and low stackers wait for.

You were right replying to Jennifer that you'd take the odds anytime - but poker isn't about one or two bets, I'm sure you already know it's about the long term profit, and you wont see any long term effect with 2x bet size stack.

Sooooo the point I'm trying to make here is that the 250k/fold is more advantageous to the small stackers than having an actual 250k blinds, but it is less advantageous to them than playing the table the normal way.

You may disagree but I feel like I've seen enough hands played in the game to state my opinion :)

Last edited:
I personally love 250k blinds. As long as you hit and run... then come back lol

Edit* If ya play that way (When I am small stack) then don't expect a honorable game. At that point i am basically in the lottery. I don't let it ride

MelodyTFA

Squire
Playing 250 or fold is a aberration of poker with 15/25 blinds, bettting 250k into a 40k pot ( pre rake) is a negative EV proposition. But when many other big stacks( 2.5m +) call it can still be justified cuz of the implicite odds. But playing 250k or fold with a short stack will always be a loosing play in the long term. You have No fold equity, No EV, No implicite odds. That table has many problems one is that the min buy in is 100k max 2.5m, then min buy-in for a 2.5m table should be min 1m and thats what would be consider a Short stack. And a short stack (1m) cant play 250k or fold correctly, even if he gets AA bets 250k, 2 players call him he is commited on the flop and is probably gonna get stacked cuz the other players are feeding on eachs others added pot odds and are playing marginal or speculative hands. And with 750k left in a 750k pot the short stack has no fold equity so he cant protect hes weak hand (AA). Other thing people must consider is even having 2.5m in there bank isnt enough to play that table right. in real life you would need a bankroll of 25m-50m to play that table correctly(regardless of 250k or fold) . But since this is UO a game i think average/good players should at least have a bankroll of 10-15m to play POKER Correctly at that table. For the same reason they should bring back the 5m table,, because its very hard to apply proper bankroll management and go from the 2.5m table to the new 10m( min buy in table) . Since theres no in between its hard for people to get from small table to high rollers with the correct bankroll or stack requierments to play agaisnt the people up there. People grind 25m downstairs for days then "Take a shot " upstairs , hoping to double because if they actualy play hands they will get grinded down by the eventual re raise 3-5m pre flop some players are doing.
I could go on for hours but the point is playing 250k or fold when you have less then 2.5m on table is horrible poker, and we need to get a 5m table back to allow people to build of the neccessairy bankrolls/stacks to actualy PLAY poker and not bingo.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
Playing 250 or fold is a aberration of poker with 15/25 blinds, bettting 250k into a 40k pot ( pre rake) is a negative EV proposition. But when many other big stacks( 2.5m +) call it can still be justified cuz of the implicite odds. But playing 250k or fold with a short stack will always be a loosing play in the long term. You have No fold equity, No EV, No implicite odds. That table has many problems one is that the min buy in is 100k max 2.5m, then min buy-in for a 2.5m table should be min 1m and thats what would be consider a Short stack. And a short stack (1m) cant play 250k or fold correctly, even if he gets AA bets 250k, 2 players call him he is commited on the flop and is probably gonna get stacked cuz the other players are feeding on eachs others added pot odds and are playing marginal or speculative hands. And with 750k left in a 750k pot the short stack has no fold equity so he cant protect hes weak hand (AA). Other thing people must consider is even having 2.5m in there bank isnt enough to play that table right. in real life you would need a bankroll of 25m-50m to play that table correctly(regardless of 250k or fold) . But since this is UO a game i think average/good players should at least have a bankroll of 10-15m to play POKER Correctly at that table. For the same reason they should bring back the 5m table,, because its very hard to apply proper bankroll management and go from the 2.5m table to the new 10m( min buy in table) . Since theres no in between its hard for people to get from small table to high rollers with the correct bankroll or stack requierments to play agaisnt the people up there. People grind 25m downstairs for days then "Take a shot " upstairs , hoping to double because if they actualy play hands they will get grinded down by the eventual re raise 3-5m pre flop some players are doing.
I could go on for hours but the point is playing 250k or fold when you have less then 2.5m on table is horrible poker, and we need to get a 5m table back to allow people to build of the neccessairy bankrolls/stacks to actualy PLAY poker and not bingo.
Nice rant.

It makes sense to play 250k or fold when one guild, TFA or Holy, has 2-4 members on the table at all times.

#cheat2win

Shini

Page
Good thing that i always believe everything on the internet without questioning anything.
So now i know what kind of person Pepsi truly is !

Let's see , With all the informations that i got so far from this forum ...

He is a mentally challenged tree !

... Aye!

MelodyTFA

Squire
Good thing that i always believe everything on the internet without questioning anything.
So now i know what kind of person Pepsi truly is !

Let's see , With all the informations that i got so far from this forum ...

He is a mentally challenged tree !

... Aye!
lol, if you ever see Carp Diem in game ask her if pepsi is a tree, she will confirm our biggest fears