UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

No Staff = No players = No Shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Anderson

Sorceror
I do not mean this post to offend or piss any one off.

I've recently (in the last six months returned to the shard) and I was only a new player when I began to play Hybrid to begin with. However, I have been an avid UO played for 13 years on various shards. I remember logging on to Hybrid because my brother played here and there were always 700-1000+ players online at all times. Now, I fully understand that the shard has taken hits and UO itself is a fading game (although we all love it).
However, in the last couple of months there seemed to be a bit of a resurgence in activity, including Ryans return as well as apparantly Krrios. It appeared as though attempts were being made to rejuvenate the shard or at the very least attract active UO players to the shard. However, nothing has truly come to fruition. There are a couple of GMs doing their best to create some level of excitement for active players. But the major improvements have been non existent. I do not wish to completely give up on this shard and I know I'm not the only one who feels the same way. Hybrid is and will remain the true UO experience. However, this lack of effort by the higher ups is appalling.

This is a call-out to Ryan directly! and by extension to Krrios! If you want to take donations from people and if you want a stone put at BB to fund you, then maybe you should show some good faith, and improve the shard significantly before asking for money... I'm sure there are a lot of players who would give quite a lot of money but I think first they want to see some real improvements to the shard!

So, Ryan this is your shard and it needs some serious improvements and hard work. If you want to make a comeback, do it and put your heart and soul into it like you used to! Other wise please inform all of us that the shard is on its way out.

I do not mean this post to offend or piss any one off.

I've recently (in the last six months returned to the shard) and I was only a new player when I began to play Hybrid to begin with. However, I have been an avid UO played for 13 years on various shards. I remember logging on to Hybrid because my brother played here and there were always 700-1000+ players online at all times. Now, I fully understand that the shard has taken hits and UO itself is a fading game (although we all love it).
However, in the last couple of months there seemed to be a bit of a resurgence in activity, including Ryans return as well as apparantly Krrios. It appeared as though attempts were being made to rejuvenate the shard or at the very least attract active UO players to the shard. However, nothing has truly come to fruition. There are a couple of GMs doing their best to create some level of excitement for active players. But the major improvements have been non existent. I do not wish to completely give up on this shard and I know I'm not the only one who feels the same way. Hybrid is and will remain the true UO experience. However, this lack of effort by the higher ups is appalling.

This is a call-out to Ryan directly! and by extension to Krrios! If you want to take donations from people and if you want a stone put at BB to fund you, then maybe you should show some good faith, and improve the shard significantly before asking for money... I'm sure there are a lot of players who would give quite a lot of money but I think first they want to see some real improvements to the shard!

So, Ryan this is your shard and it needs some serious improvements and hard work. If you want to make a comeback, do it and put your heart and soul into it like you used to! Other wise please inform all of us that the shard is on its way out.

I'd like to add, that this isnt some trolling ass regular vet that just complains, its a returning player that seems to be active on the shard and in the community. Might as well consider him a new player, and this is what he sees.

i agree he made his statement made well known without slander or backbiting 3rd grader bullshit. He does seem like a legit old player making a return, and i will attest that at the very least he does seem concerned about the shard, and like many of us, he's impatient to see what, if anything will actually bring back the shard life to its former glory. I think the higher ups are working on something extraordinary, but i hope they dont release it "too late to be enjoyed"

Oenomaus

Hybrid Staff Member
I am not deleting this thread, just locking it to prevent people from saying stupid shit and not being constructive about this topic. My main suggestion is to direct message Ryan on slack. Believe it or not he actually does read the messages but may not respond. On the forums its a hit or miss.

But I do respect your concerns and voicing it. But direct it to an area where it will do the most good.

Status
Not open for further replies.