UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Old Del pond duel rules reinstated

Revert duet-pit area changes?

• Yes

Votes: 78 87.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 12.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

selo

Wanderer
Re: Old Del pond duel rules reinstated

Regardless of it being "trammel" it will attract players there and there will be a buzz around Delucia that many people miss. I loved PKing outside the dueling pits. I loved going to the pits to find people. I loved playing poker and watching ppl bitch to each other. It just adds a social point that is a bit more exciting than what Brit Bank has to offer :p

Highlander-hybrid

Legendary Member

I'm with black man on this. It's a social thing, just because people like to have a place to go, watch people fight, gamble, shoot the shit, talk shit, and have a general good time, does not make them a "Bank sitting , newb trammie fuck stick with no PvP skills that get's pweeeennd 1vs1 kekek".

It's just fun to not always be on your guard and cool down after work or whatever. Having no place to do this make's everything feel isolated. Yes, I aggree with the fact that it isn't part of how the game is made. You shouldn't feel safe, you should be on your guard, but I feel that the social aspect outweighs that.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

You dont need Trammel to duel, whats wong with going to the farms, nothing.

Wait...you have it better than the farms, you have a duel that is 100% safe, what more do you queers want. I'll tell you what you want, you want a place to sit and pretend to be good at PvP without actaully having to do anything because you are 100% safe.

There is not 1 benefit to having the duel pits. You dont NEED them to duel, everyone managed it back on OSI, why can you guys do it here.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Mr Mini Me, did y ou go to www.spamallday.com? No You went to wwww.uogamers.com, this forum is a discussion about UOGamers, if all you want to do is spam the board with worthless posts, take it somewhere else, buddy.

PS I am currently holding Porshe hostage, the ransom has now risen, 15mill or she gets it.

i dont really like it being a trammel, but i voted yes because it was always packed & liked watching some of the duels. btw, does this go for all of the duel pits or just the pond?

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

snack_pie said:
i dont really like it being a trammel, but i voted yes because it was always packed & liked watching some of the duels. btw, does this go for all of the duel pits or just the pond?

You can watch duels there now, you voted yes because your a safe zone hugging trammy.

Like 95% of the shard.

Trunks2k

Wanderer

I liked the del pond for one reason. You could duel more, faster. I'd rather just see something where as you have 10 seconds until you can be harmed after exiting a duel. I don't care to see the tram zone put back in, because it was a waste of space tbh.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Earth_Crisis said:
I liked the del pond for one reason. You could duel more, faster. I'd rather just see something where as you have 10 seconds until you can be harmed after exiting a duel. I don't care to see the tram zone put back in, because it was a waste of space tbh.

I am probably wrong but I'm sure thereis a few (maybe one) seconds to recall away atm.

Voodoo Child

Wanderer

you are wrong. you have 0 seconds to recall after a duel.
sure people managed to duel on OSI, but that's because they didnt have a dueling system. I like the idea, but it's not worth having at all if innocents get pk'd after a good duel! dueling areas arent that big, if you don't like safe zones just dont go there. Ppl can't talk trash to you without you actually being there. If they do, duel them and own them with ur +1 mace.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Voodoo Child said:
you are wrong. you have 0 seconds to recall after a duel.
sure people managed to duel on OSI, but that's because they didnt have a dueling system. I like the idea, but it's not worth having at all if innocents get pk'd after a good duel! dueling areas arent that big, if you don't like safe zones just dont go there. Ppl can't talk trash to you without you actually being there. If they do, duel them and own them with ur +1 mace.

Hi, your a moron, if a PK tries to PK you shout guards.

I vote no.

The "Safe Zone" was absolute crap. Why did people chill there? Because they needed a safe place where it was guaranteed they wouldn't lose anything while they were there. You could go there with every unblessed rare you own, wear half and keep the other half in your bag, and have no worries whatsoever about losing your 1337 pixil crack.

Fuck that.

UO has always been about risk versus reward. It went downhill when the playerbase demanded a way to preserve all their hard earned items and OSI acquiesced with Trammel. UOG, the best shard ever, tried to simplify the situation and only grant the players little pockets of Trammel (the duel pits). These little pockets were abused to shit and often camped by cowards with a need for a safe place to macro. It became a drain, like Brit Bank, where people would go to spam, talk shit, and stand around with pretty colored stuff. Sure there were more duels back then, but there was also more PvP in general back then. The poker table was a draw to that area, as well, but there are a number of other tables at good locations.

If you want to revive the duel system, reset the ranks. If you want to give players a place to be pussy trammelites, revert to old duel pit rules.

Reseting the ranks would give the old duelers motivation to regain their title, would give new duelers a shot at the crown, and would eliminate all the guys that are on the top duelers list that haven't played in a while. Anything else is just an excuse to get a pocket of trammel so players can feel "safe".

Voodoo Child

Wanderer

_Choru_ said:
Hi, your a moron, if a PK tries to PK you shout guards.

I was under the impression that the duel areas arent guarded. And also I hear that when you're gray after a duel from poisoning, calling guards won't do you any good. Maybe read my post next time.

edit: btw where did you learn such a big word... moron, somebody must have helped you.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Voodoo Child said:
I was under the impression that the duel areas arent guarded. And also I hear that when you're gray after a duel from poisoning, calling guards won't do you any good. Maybe read my post next time.

edit: btw where did you learn such a big word... moron, somebody must have helped you.

Mybe dont a fucking retard cuntjob, duelzones ARE guarded just not trammel.

Why would you poisen someone when your dying? If you in a position where you will loose the duel, then HEAL dont poisen, if you do you deserve to die.

TRY LEARNING HOW THE GAME WORKS

Voodoo Child

Wanderer

the statement above is not worth quoting. When the first sentence of a paragraph contains 3 vulgar comments, i think it's safe to say that said person is having a teenage angst issue(edit ok so it's just angst not "teenage").

but anyways... During a duel isnt there always a chance the battle could go the other way ? (not everyone wins all the time) you miss a button or hit targetself instead of lasttarget. always something can go wrong, and with the current situation if it does u lose ur shit! I am in no way implying that I know more than your wise ass about the game. I'm just giving my opinion on the state of the dueling arena to the best of my knowledge, from the POV of a week old char (7xgMw0rdpzwnzd). Since i've only played here 8 days or so, obviously i have limited experience with said dueling arenas.

All I know is I wouldn't use it again. Its safer pvp'ing out in the woods. at least you can fight back. (also u cant even get ressed afterwards because u cant use teh gate, so u gotta sit there and wait till ur blue)

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

So Im fighting Im killing someone, I poisen him, suddenly I miss a button, then WITHOUT CURING HIM SELF he casts enough spells to kill me.

Its does not happen if you have more than 5 braincells, clearly an attribute you are lacking.

Give up, youve lost, go back to sitting at Brit Bank.

Voodoo Child

Wanderer

I can't sit at BB i'm red. besides i like delucia better. there's always fighting going on.

If you want to know it was a friends char with low hp without my macros. But seriously I'd lose to lots of ppl even with my own char. And what did i lose? a battle of wits... hardly.

according to the poll... you lost.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Nope, this poll means fuck all, Ive lost when trammel comes back.

Flipper

Knight

I miss the fights that the ppits started, the ability to find talent to duel for fun, etc.

People who used to log on their faction chars and hang out at the ponds looking for a fight, meeting people and practicing their dueling/fighting skills; they just log in their tamers now and go back to banksitting because they don't have a place to learn. I'll admit, coming back to UO took a lot of re-learning, and I credit a lot of it to the duel pits.

Look at the PvP since the pits were de-safe zoned. It's undeniably gone down.

Status
Not open for further replies.