UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Para Blow/Stun Punch Timer Revamp?

Would you like to see them shortened?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimejgd

Wanderer
Re: Para Blow/Stun Punch Timer Revamp?

Here's my logic on the situation, at least for stuns. One stun in a one v one fight will be the end of it. You have no way to save yourself because in that four seconds time, unless the person completely screws up the dump and they have enough time to reload for a possible second stun. In group fights, 4 seconds gives enough time to load an explo and drop an ebolt before the person can do anything except chug a heal pot...everyone's been in a hopeless situation like that before.

**Lower it to 3 seconds like OSI and say for example i stun someone and then 2 seconds later someone else stuns that person, the stun timer should be reset.**

And how the fuck are 62 people voting no. I need explanations for this one.

Mary Poppins

Wanderer

guys, this might be moot, but OSI fencing para blow UO:R was 4 seconds. Believe me, my main on Atl during UO:R was a fencer/mage, I used to combo with the para blow and timed it out based on 4 seconds. If its 3 seconds on OSI now it was changed during their implimentation of primary/secondary attacks for AoS

TheRemedy

Sorceror

Maybe para blow by a spear, that seems like it takes forever, stun goes fast, or seems like it.

Mary Poppins

Wanderer

voted no to shortening them.

check this out, its the pvp changes added for UO:R by OSI

http://update.uo.com/design_196.html

scroll down to weaps and special moves

both spear para blow and stun punch were 4 seconds.

Also, on hybrid i play a disarm/thief. I fail at disarm all the time. Its rare to succeed. But my stun/mage stuns successfully a lot more. Shouldn't they be the same?

Samara

Wanderer

The stun timer for mages is fine as is in my opinion with it giving you just enough time to get up a explode or ebolt. The chain stunning in my opinion though is kind of gay. If there could be a stun immunity for like three to four seconds after you've been stunned I think it would be great. That way you aren't continually being stunned to the point where you can't move or defend yourself to a group of stun mages.

The para blows from fencers are ridiculous. Having a fencer and having fought may fencers with enough dex I can para blow someone get a couple of swings in and usually successfully land another para blow before they can move again. Once again I think the immunity timer here would be great but I'm not sure that is necessarly an option. With the amount of dex a fencer has and the right weapon they sometimes are just unbeatable.

Lony

Sorceror

I think the problem is that if you make any changes that the outcome is to heavy on one side. Yeah para blow is great for group fights just like stun they cause instant death in a 3v1+ situation. But when it comes to solo fighting it is much harder for a fencer with a vanq weapon to do anything to a mage with decent armor. Like I said before, 10 dmg per swing isn't going to do much even with para blow at 4 seconds. The rate that a dexer misses is huge, and I find I get 1-2 swings off before the guy can move again depending on the stam I have when I land the para blow usually 1 landing, 2 if I am lucky and sometimes none if I'm not. The mage has a garuntee that his spells will hit, and if a dexer misses more than twice a full combo will be launched by the mage. Honestly I think it should stay the same, I think OSI found the amount of time that works best even though problems still occur.

I think if you really want to make a change, the only thing you can do is lower stun to 3 seconds. Racecar said above that a stun can give the mage time enough to cast exp eb. And since you can time your stun it gives another advantage to the mage who can work you down in hp then slap the stun, exp eb combo and kill a dexxer who has just enough time to chug a heal pot. That's just a thought and I don't think it would go over too well with the community but either you do this or keep everything as is.

Lony

Sorceror

Samara said:
The para blows from fencers are ridiculous. Having a fencer and having fought may fencers with enough dex I can para blow someone get a couple of swings in and usually successfully land another para blow before they can move again. Once again I think the immunity timer here would be great but I'm not sure that is necessarly an option. With the amount of dex a fencer has and the right weapon they sometimes are just unbeatable.

You act as if we don't miss and land our swings every time.

Strong

Wanderer

Moric said:

Someone with 125 dex and a perfect spear doesnt need to hit everytime. Just 50% of the time.

Samara

Wanderer

Moric said:

Well unfortunately you don't have to land your hits all the time. Granted if a mage has armor on they stand some what of a chance. With the stat caps the way they are and with a agility pot especially on my scribe dexer I let the mages try to land their first couple of spells. They reflect and I run up and almost always within the first three swings I land a para blow. From there it's over with my high dex and a good spear they drop. If they don't within the first two or three hits I know I'm going to land another para blow soon enough.

The only time I have problems on my dexer is when I'm outnumbered and even then I can usually drop one of the mages before I have to off screen to heal.

Strong

Wanderer

The stun mage can be looked at from two different points of view.

1v1 situations:
In this situation the timer is perfect I think. The class is definetly powerful but thats the way it should be. If you lessen it, the class is still good, but it would require the mage to rely more on his 5x abilities then a nicely timed stun. Then stun would then be useful for finishing someone off.

Group fighting.
In this reguard the timer should be shortened. I mean, the only reason I have stun on my factioner and pk is to stop people from RUNNING THE FUCK AWAY. Shortening it would still give the person enough time to off screen and not get hit by the eb that you are casting.

I wear 25+ armor a lot and I still think dexxers are overpowerd. With pots and para blows 1v1 its hard to survive. (not to mention they usually have a noob mage friend casting nox every 1 sec)

Enemy Of You

Wanderer

Samara said:
The stun timer for mages is fine as is in my opinion with it giving you just enough time to get up a explode or ebolt. The chain stunning in my opinion though is kind of gay. If there could be a stun immunity for like three to four seconds after you've been stunned I think it would be great. That way you aren't continually being stunned to the point where you can't move or defend yourself to a group of stun mages.

Fail rate is to high, there is no need for a stun immunity. There arn't high chances of chain stuns. I'm courios as to why people want to nurf things they can't beat, or have the kno how but are to lazy to take the precautions to beat?

Lony

Sorceror

Both Strong and Samara talk as if every dexer has 125 w/o an agility pot. SO you are both saying that the only way to win essentialy is 125 dex and a perfect spear. And 3 swings or hits? If you miss twice in a row a combo will hit you. And it sounds like to me Samara your reflect is doing most of the dmg... o_O

davejob

Sorceror

Enemy Of You said:
Fail rate is to high, there is no need for a stun immunity. There arn't high chances of chain stuns. I'm courios as to why people want to nurf things they can't beat, or have the kno how but are to lazy to take the precautions to beat?

amen pr0

Minimejgd

Wanderer

As for the UOR reference...the stun timer was later changed, due to it being overpowered.

As for you saying the failrate is too high...sorry for my ignorance, but you are fucking retarded. it used to be 50% which was just so overpowered it was disgusting. I think it's like 33.5% chance to stun nowadays...OSI it was 25%.

da1a

Wanderer

It seems to me that if we will get spell damages balanced then stun timer is fine.

Para blow definately need to be fixed. I like the idea of immunity so u cant be paralyzed few times in a row.

Reaver

Wanderer

I voted yes, but I don't think they are way too long. They could be shortened just a bit.

I do think that stun punch takes too much stamina though.

BlazeOfGlory

Wanderer

I'm coming from a dial-up point of view so I voted no. As it is hard enough from me to catch up to someone or even try to time dumbs and god forbid if they start running everywhere.

Saying that, if I had DSL or Cable which is unavialable where I live. I might would have a different opinion if I had either of those. I have never played UO on either of those, but with dial-up, I must say it's just fine the way it is.

klex

Wanderer

Stun is over powered, as it was explained to me, you have a 50% chance to stun your opponent, whether or not the punch actually hits, if you compare this to your chance to para blow, crushing blow, and conc hit, which stun was implemented with, that is far greater as i think those special hits are based on first if you actually hit, and then its 25% or less if you actually hit. Im not positive, this is just what i seem to recall being told. I would consider stun the most powerful special ability in the game, your basically defenseless for the time you are stunned obviously. This is just my personal feeling, it is a skill for a weak pvper.

Status
Not open for further replies.