UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Para blows and stuns should break if the one who inflicted it moves more than seven tiles away.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
This would end the trend of people stunning and running to escape a fight without interfering with other aspects of combat.

Yeah, and the second a mage drops a spell on a dexxer, they shouldn't be able to run more than 7 tiles away either! Keeps those pesky dexxers from constantly off screening! Gotta keep the battle real, and hot! You shouldn't be able to just interfere with aspects of combat like that!

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Yeah, and the second a mage drops a spell on a dexxer, they shouldn't be able to run more than 7 tiles away either! Keeps those pesky dexxers from constantly off screening! Gotta keep the battle real, and hot! You shouldn't be able to just interfere with aspects of combat like that!
So you think it's a good thing that mages have the option to simply stun someone and run away, impossible to catch, whenever they wish? Explain how that is a positive aspect of the game.

So you think it's a good thing that mages have the option to simply stun someone and run away, impossible to catch, whenever they wish? Explain how that is a positive aspect of the game.

So you think it's a good idea a dexxer can be decked out in the most powerful armor in game, thats blessed, with the most powerful weapons in game, that also happen to be blessed; and can just off-screen mages until they are out of mana? Explain how that is a positive aspect of the game.

To answer your question though, not everyone wants to fight (especially fight a dexxer as I mentioned above) so if they can use the stun and run tactic to get away, more power to them.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
not everyone wants to fight (especially fight a dexxer as I mentioned above) so if they can use the stun and run tactic to get away, more power to them.
I guess I'm not understanding why mages should have all of these options to escape combat that other classes lack. Not everyone wants to fight, but only mages (and fencers to a lesser extent) can stun and run. Only a mage can sustainably teleport to an unreachable area. What justifies giving mages these escape abilities?

Last edited:

Payan

Sorceror
I guess I'm not understanding why mages should have all of these options to escape combat that other classes lack. Not everyone wants to fight, but only mages (and fencers to a lesser extent) can stun and run. Only a mage can sustainably teleport to an unreachable area. What justifies giving mages these escape abilities?
have you played UO before?

Yea I agree with vizeroth. And no house hiding either. If you own a house you should not be able to enter it.

Also no stealing from reds in town.

Also no dex loss for 75 ar plate .. And go ahead and bless it too.

Also bolas should last longer.

let's just make it where if you are on screen with an Alchy dexxer you should just be /killed. No more of this running around and fighting crap.

yea ive been harping about the removal of stuns and mages from this server forever now. people wont listen because they are bad, but honestly they just don't understand how much fun the game would be if we all invested 300m into blessed pvp items that are best in slot and fought each other without having to worry about mages or anything gay that requires absolutely no skill whatsoever. I mean how hard is it to cast a spell and click somebody?

most mages today dont even hotkey their spells because its too easy!

kookiemonsta

Sorceror
I also think ridable llamas are underutilized.

We need to allow them to walk on water to fight all the pirates we have in game. Also they need a backpack and fire breath as well.

Maybe allow them to fly. So we can get places quicker?

Vizeroth

Sorceror
As usual, the plebs hobble in and fail to produce any counterarguments. I'd expect nothing more from the UO community.

How do mages have more escape abilities? Mages can stun. Dexxers can parablow.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Last time I check mages cannot stun "whenever they wish". But of course, I don't really expect you to know much about pvp anyway...
Are you suggesting that because a stun can fail, it's okay for mages to be able to stun someone and escape combat?
How do mages have more escape abilities? Mages can stun. Dexxers can parablow.
First of all, dexxers can't para blow, fencers can para blow. Second, there's a 12.5% chance to inflict a para blow, which means it is largely out of their hands. You know full well that isn't the case for stun mages.

kookiemonsta

Sorceror
Are you suggesting that because a stun can fail, it's okay for mages to be able to stun someone and escape combat?

First of all, dexxers can't para blow, fencers can para blow. Second, there's a 12.5% chance to inflict a para blow, which means it is largely out of their hands. You know full well that isn't the case for stun mages.
You have to be one of the BIGGEST cry babies I've ever encounter.
Jesus Christ. Every day it's something new with you... I understand I troll here and there, but come on. Stop crying.