UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Para blows and stuns should break if the one who inflicted it moves more than seven tiles away.

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror
Viz doesn't consider killing MoFo's as a joking thing....I played Hybrid for awhile and I somewhat agree that stunning and running is a cowardly strategy but in the world of UO blacksmiths, crafters, and cowards need a way to gtfo! It is also nice when you have 1 Hp left and the satisfaction of hearing the stun and knowing your escaping with your precious gear....
Uo was built around a variety of templates. Unfortunately the PvP templates have been Max/min'ed over the years to the point of breaking the system. Taking away a crafters ability to stun and flee removes the small chance they have of escaping a PvP situation in which they will definitely lose. Although only a niche of UO players are pure crafters, the game was made for them to play they're playstyle the same way the game was made to make PK's want (need?) to kill them.
Viz as a rational person, how can you implement your fix without non-PvP based templates still being able to get out of a situation they don't want to be in?

ChaseB123

Sorceror
I guess I'm not understanding why mages should have all of these options to escape combat that other classes lack. Not everyone wants to fight, but only mages (and fencers to a lesser extent) can stun and run. Only a mage can sustainably teleport to an unreachable area. What justifies giving mages these escape abilities?
I used to think you were a somewhat intelligent human being. I now see that my views were flawed.