UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Patching your client

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
If I am using the tree hack, will this affect my patching?
Yes, a client with a tree hack counts as a "modified client". UO's patcher will fail to patch, so you are forced to put back the original files (if you still have them) or reinstall UO as mentioned above.

kurbieballs

Wanderer
I went the route of downloading the new high seas client that you had poseted towards the beginning of the installation I am getting an error message :

error copying C:\users\----\AppData\local\temp\Rarsfx0\data1\music\*.*

Any idea as to why? thanks

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I went the route of downloading the new high seas client that you had poseted towards the beginning of the installation I am getting an error message :

error copying C:\users\----\AppData\local\temp\Rarsfx0\data1\music\*.*

Any idea as to why? thanks
Try running the installer with elevated privileges. (Right-click the installer and select "Run as administrator".)

carj-

Sorceror
With recent server changes, it is now recommended to patch your client to the latest version.

The "normal" way (for unmodified, fairly recent clients)
Go into your UO folder and locate the folder named "patch". Make sure it's empty. (If it has files in it, usually a few .rtp files, delete them.) If it doesn't exist at all, that's fine too.

Now, run "UOPatch.exe". If you're on Windows Vista or 7, make sure to right-click it and select "Run as administrator". The patcher will update your client. You will want to let it run until it finishes on its own (patch all the way). If it ends before 7.0.11.1, run "UO.exe" instead, this will resume patching.

Sallos users: Sallos is not yet compatible with the High Seas clients. It is recommended to patch your client to 7.0.8.2 and stop there for now (by cancelling the patcher when it's downloading 7.0.9.1).

"Error applying patch"
This error occurs when the patcher installs either a corrupted patch file, or your client files do not match the files required by the patch. A tree hack, for example, causes the patcher to fail. In this case, you will have to reinstall the client. (See the next section.)

The "fast" way (for old clients, modified clients or clients with broken patchers)
Uninstall your current client first from the Windows control panel, and download and install a newer client installer from the following location:
http://web.cdn.eamythic.com/us/uo/installers/20101118/UOClassicSetup_7_0_10_3.exe

Sallos users: Use this pre-High Seas installer instead:
http://web.cdn.eamythic.com/us/uo/installers/20100601/UOSAClassic_7_0_7_1.exe

After installing this fresh new client, go back to section one for instructions on how to patch it fully, or to 7.0.8.2 if you run Sallos.

After reinstalling: "No CliLoc" error
Full error message: "Razor was unable to locate and load a suitable UO cliloc file. Some text may not be displayed."

This error message indicates that Razor was unable to locate the UO data directory. (Either that, or your Cliloc.enu file is actually missing.) A fix for this can be found here:
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/finally-on-windows-7.449882/#post-3573806

One of the greatest.. posts.... EVER!!

Thank you.

hulryung

Sorceror
for sallos user on Windows 7(x64)

try this registry(almost same as shino90's)
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online]
"HarvestStage"=dword:00000000
"UniqueInstanceId"=dword:00000000
"LastHarvestTime"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\client.exe"
"InstCDPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\uo.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn\1.0]
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\uotd.exe"
"InstCDPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\uo.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\KR Legacy Beta]
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\client.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

Trid

Sorceror
I installed and when I try to pach I get the following error:

Could not connect to patch server 159.153.197.91:8888
Could not connect to a patch server.
Make sure you have an active connection to the Internet via an ISP or a direct connection.

Yes i´m connected to internet, runned as an administrator, and using the SA instaler (with I used in a previous computer.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I installed and when I try to pach I get the following error:

Could not connect to patch server 159.153.197.91:8888
Could not connect to a patch server.
Make sure you have an active connection to the Internet via an ISP or a direct connection.

Yes i´m connected to internet, runned as an administrator, and using the SA instaler (with I used in a previous computer.
It sounds like a firewall issue. 159.153.197.91 is one of EA's patch servers, "compassion.owo.com". If you have firewall software installed, it may prevent the patcher from communicating with it.

The same issue was posted before here, back in 2007:
http://www.runuo.com/forums/starbucks-runuo-com/84047-cant-patch-uo-reinstall.html
It seems to have fixed itself after some time in that post. You could just try again later.

If you used the 7.0.10.3 installer, patching isn't critical. You'll be able to see 99.9% of all content. (I believe you're just missing the ethereal bouras, and possibly some of the Christmas present items.)

Rainn Drops

Sorceror
That code didn't help me or another player today. I repatched and now I cannot log in because the code IS wrong. I contacted Suzy and she sent someone the right code but now I can't log in to ask her what the code is -_- Can anyone send me the altered code please. I have windows XP on my computer not windows 7.

Suzy

Hybrid Staff Member
Staff member
You installed UO in a different directory, that's why you needed another code for the cliloc error. :) The code that worked for you is located here.

Trid

Sorceror
Finally I´ve working the update, but the cliloc error persits !!!! What a pest !!!!
This is the code i´m using(windows 7, and high seas installed):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online]

"HarvestStage"=dword:00000000
"UniqueInstanceId"=dword:00000000
"LastHarvestTime"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Classic\\client.exe"
"InstCDPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Classic"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Classic\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Classic\\uo.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn\1.0]
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Classic\\uotd.exe"
"InstCDPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Classic"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Classic\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Classic\\uo.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

Can someboby tell me what´s wrong ?

carj-

Sorceror
Just had to re-install windows which = an empty hard drive.

This post just came in very handy.
This post should be sticky'd
(click 'Like' under this post if you agree)

-666-

Squire
Sorry but I don't really understand what "make sure you change the directory values to match your UO client installation directory " means, I am not the least bit computer savvy, I'm still having the same issues, haven't had time to fix it. So if you could explain to me in laymen's terms that would be LOVELY :> ty <3

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sorry but I don't really understand what "make sure you change the directory values to match your UO client installation directory " means, I am not the least bit computer savvy, I'm still having the same issues, haven't had time to fix it. So if you could explain to me in laymen's terms that would be LOVELY :> ty <3
I posted more elaborate instructions here:
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/changing-automatic-client-detection.460847/

The link in the first post has been updated as well.