UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Patching your client

Caliban-hybrid

Wanderer
Just returned from a bit of a break, cant login to patch or to hybrid.
I tried reinstalling a new verssion (stgian classic?) Hangs on connecting after entering login details. I'll try a new client tomorrow.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Just returned from a bit of a break, cant login to patch or to hybrid.
I tried reinstalling a new verssion (stgian classic?) Hangs on connecting after entering login details. I'll try a new client tomorrow.
Are you connecting using Razor, and are you sure "Patch client encryption" is ticked in the Razor welcome screen?

Adrath

Wanderer
i downloaded and patched and now razor says this. what should i do

Attachments

• uoerror.png
    uoerror.png
    550.3 KB · Views: 19

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Razor is not yet compatible with clients 7.0.16.0 and up. Don't patch too far!

chOP-hybrid

Sorceror
man just had to reinstall (from old client) patched almost a gb so far... how much is full patch? i'm only at 7.0.5.0. so far.... fml

hobbs420

Sorceror
It seems that the link you posted for the UO file is bad. I uninstalled it and tried using the file you posted here but got a ton of errors and problems. I think it's because that version is Shadowlords and is too old. I've had better success with the Mondain's legacy version on the cnet website.

i too have always ran ML well for the most part since shortly after its release and it has always worked best....fileplanet has an excellent no buggy copy up

Atalius

Sorceror
I have Windows 7 64 bit with .net framework 4. It will not allow me to install .net framework 2.

I have UO Version 7.0.25.0

When I run razor and point it to D:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic
and choose UO Gamers Hybrid server it throws this error:

System.ArgumentException: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (UTF-8)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: chars
at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow()
at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
at System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
at System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalReadOneChar()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.PeekChar()
at Ultima.StringList..ctor(String language)
at Assistant.Language.LoadCliLoc()
at Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args)

Any ideas about how to get this thing running? It is running in windows xp compatibility mode and running as admin...

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I have Windows 7 64 bit with .net framework 4. It will not allow me to install .net framework 2.

I have UO Version 7.0.25.0

When I run razor and point it to D:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic
and choose UO Gamers Hybrid server it throws this error:

Any ideas about how to get this thing running? It is running in windows xp compatibility mode and running as admin...
It's having an issue reading the Cliloc file. Make sure your Razor is up to date; run Updater.exe in the Razor folder. If that doesn't work, maybe reinstall your client? Or borrow a friend's Cliloc.enu and place it in your UO folder. I think updating Razor will fix it though.

Bonan Tagon.

I'm a new member(One post obviousness) and I seem to have encountered a problem. My patcher seems to only install the latest patch, which seems not to work with Razor... I can't find a solution anywhere. Every guide explains that after you install the client(UOClassicSetup_7_0_24_0.exe) there is no UOpatch, only the UO application which downloads(apparently) a single patch.

I get a "patcher" folder that never has anything in it except two folders and splash images.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Bonan Tagon.

I'm a new member(One post obviousness) and I seem to have encountered a problem. My patcher seems to only install the latest patch, which seems not to work with Razor... I can't find a solution anywhere. Every guide explains that after you install the client(UOClassicSetup_7_0_24_0.exe) there is no UOpatch, only the UO application which downloads(apparently) a single patch.

I get a "patcher" folder that never has anything in it except two folders and splash images.
That would be the new patcher. I haven't looked into it too much, but I believe that you're right about it only allowing you to patch to the latest version.

That doesn't matter, though, because all 7.0.24.0+ versions have the compatibility issues with Razor. A workaround for this is installing a really old client, and patching that using the traditional way, if you really want to get Razor to work fully. A link to an older client is included in the first post:
Use this old installer instead:
http://download.cnet.com/Ultima-Online-Mondain-s-Legacy-client/3000-7540_4-10432237.html
(Click "Direct Download Link" below the green button.)

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
The bugs are only minor;
  • Razor Positioning System won't show the actual map, only statics. (Use UOC instead.)
  • The counters in the title bar won't have their images next to them.

Huggme

Wanderer
That would be the new patcher. I haven't looked into it too much, but I believe that you're right about it only allowing you to patch to the latest version.

That doesn't matter, though, because all 7.0.24.0+ versions have the compatibility issues with Razor. A workaround for this is installing a really old client, and patching that using the traditional way, if you really want to get Razor to work fully. A link to an older client is included in the first post:

I have tried several installers now, and I have the following problems tied to them:

1) When I download the recent version (7.0.24.0+), i have Razor compatibility issues as described elsewhere (most noticable is bandage timer, raegent pictures and possitioning system not working).
2) When I download old version and let it patch (as described in the first post) it only patches up to 5.0.6a (patch 31) and upon login it gives warning that I should get more recent version.

My questions are:
1) Do people use newest version and "just live" with Razor issues, or is there link somewhere that lets us patch to the correct version?

EDIT: The best way to patch to 7.0.21.1 I found so far is download from the link below and let it patch (probably 150 mb of updates, much faster than patching from 7.0.10.x): http://www.playerattack.com/file/8650/Ultima-Online---Classic-Client-v7.0.15.1/

scouselfclad

Traveler
When I try to patch I get this message;

"Could not connect to patch server 65.216.123.59:8888
Could not connect to a patch server
Make sure you have an active connection to the Internet via an ISP or a direct connection.
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort."

I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times.
Tried a few different installer's and always get the same result. The latest classic client just auto updates to the latest official version.
Also tried the verinfo fix but the line of text the I need to replace isn't there. (<That will probably only make sense if you know what the verinfo fix is).
Any suggestions?

I've been having the same problem as well. I used 2 different installers and it wouldn't let me patch (fresh) and the one installer I found via a forum search patched but didn't give patches and just patched to full.

EDIT: After talking with the resident genius, Shino she suggested to find a mirror download of UOSA 7.0.7.1.

I found one but its a slow download (20 mins for me)
http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/87497/ultima-online-stygian-abyss-classic-client-v7-0-7-1

Just posting it up for the others who want to play Sallos. I guess this is the closest patch you're gonna get until Krioss updates it.

PS - I'll update it a second time and tell you the progress on whether it works or not.

EDIT 2: WORKS! You can see the stacked potions and everything looks fine except for the hues of course.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I've been having the same problem as well. I used 2 different installers and it wouldn't let me patch (fresh) and the one installer I found via a forum search patched but didn't give patches and just patched to full.

EDIT: After talking with the resident genius, Shino she suggested to find a mirror download of UOSA 7.0.7.1.

I found one but its a slow download (20 mins for me)
http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/87497/ultima-online-stygian-abyss-classic-client-v7-0-7-1

Just posting it up for the others who want to play Sallos. I guess this is the closest patch you're gonna get until Krioss updates it.

PS - I'll update it a second time and tell you the progress on whether it works or not.

EDIT 2: WORKS! You can see the stacked potions and everything looks fine except for the hues of course.
I'll update the first post shortly to include this. :D

Oh and if you want up to date hues in Sallos, just copy hues.mul over from a newer client. ;) (That file's structure hasn't changed in ages, so it won't cause conflicts.)

Edit: first post updated. The old version can still be seen in this quote.

amtothepm

Knight
how long should this take and how will I know when to stop the patch? please respond as I am patching RIGHT NOW........