UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Pet ball won't recharge

Honkwomp

Sorceror
So, I donate 20 bucks and get a pet ball. I also pay 10 bucks for 10 powder of translocation. Pet ball won't accept the powder, it says it has been overcharged

So, I go get one off a vendor same issue.

So, I donated 30 bucks for 5 pet calls. Feeling kinda ripped off

Honkwomp

Sorceror
So you are telling me that pet balls cost 4 bucks a charge and cannot be recharge? How do I recharge it?

Powder of Translocation does not work for Pet Summoning Balls like it does on OSI, only Bracelets of Binding (I think that's their full name). You could sell the powder to someone if it looks special, or they need it for their bracelet. If you decide to sell the Pet Summoning Ball, they range around 750-900k I believe.

Honkwomp

Sorceror
This is a direct cut and paste from the web site. So, can you or can't you? And please do not give me a half answer.
"Once you have linked this to your pet you can summon the pet to you instantly by double clicking it. It can be used 5 times and can be recharged with powder of translocation."

1) Is the web site wrong? And if it is wrong, then essentially what has taken place is a fraudulent transaction

2) If the web site is wrong, how can you recharge pet balls?

3) If you cannot recharged pet balls then it need to be clearly noted on the website

So you are telling me that pet balls cost 4 bucks a charge and cannot be recharge? How do I recharge it?

Honkwomp

Sorceror
Donation - 1. Something that is given to a charity, esp. a sum of money.

The matter is more serious than that Basically what is happening is that fraud is occurring and the product for sale is not as represented
No big deal except that I was offerec something for a price. What was being offererd was not as represented and regardless whether it is for donation or not, it is still fraud.

I would consider this an ethical matter that the folks who run the shard ought to make good on. I paid for this item in good faith based on the information available to me.

It should be corrected. It wasn't fraud. Fraud is intentional. Be careful how you say things, it can lead you to bad places if you aren't. I have educated you - you can sell the powder and use it towards another ball, keep the money or keep the item. In the end, you did donate for it.

It would actually be false advertising which is a fraudulent act, IF it wasn't a donation. You are not buying items, your are donating a certain amount and you get a free gift of your choice.
Either way I wouldn't go around yelling fraud, a simple email to GM's would most likely get it cleared up and taken care of.

Honkwomp

Sorceror
The made good and gave me a bonus for my trouble

First, I do not get a free gift of my choice, I pay a fee for a certain item. It is donation only words. I paid bucks, I got a specific item.

I paged a GM, and he messaged me to tell me to do it like the OSI shards by double clicking on it. Except that is the wrong answer and he should know that. But Reign here already stated that they had been around a long time and it had never worked That seems to indicate that this has been this way a long time.

Like I said, they made more than good on this and I am happy.

I will not answer any more messages on this thread

It would actually be false advertising which is a fraudulent act, IF it wasn't a donation. You are not buying items, your are donating a certain amount and you get a free gift of your choice.
Either way I wouldn't go around yelling fraud, a simple email to GM's would most likely get it cleared up and taken care of.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I was under the impression that powder of translocation does recharge pet summoning balls. Although, it's true that you can't recharge them forever (they can only be recharged with 255 charges in total).

Are you sure the summon ball isn't just at its maximum number of charges, which is 20? If so, it will say:
"This item cannot absorb any more powder of translocation."

If it has already been recharged the maximum number of times, it'll say:
"This item has been oversaturated with powder of translocation and can no longer be recharged."

Which message are you getting exactly?

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Oh yes, I may very well be wrong, since I never actually tried it. That's why I was very careful not to state anything in my previous post as fact. ;) I'm wondering though, what message do you get when you try to recharge it with powder?

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I tried this during server wars, and I came up with some surprising results:

Test #1, on a pet summoning ball I've had in my bank for years:

Result: it works! :D

Test #2, on a freshly spawned pet summoning ball from a large Christmas present:

Result: it doesn't work! :eek:

It seems like new pet summoning balls are set to their "overcharged" state when spawned, thus resulting in an unrechargable pet summoning ball. Get your hands on some old ones, though, and you can recharge them!

Honkwomp

Sorceror
And I am not sure the devs are aware of the bug.

I tried this during server wars, and I came up with some surprising results:

Test #1, on a pet summoning ball I've had in my bank for years:

Result: it works! :D

Test #2, on a freshly spawned pet summoning ball from a large Christmas present:

Result: it doesn't work! :eek:

It seems like new pet summoning balls are set to their "overcharged" state when spawned, thus resulting in an unrechargable pet summoning ball. Get your hands on some old ones, though, and you can recharge them!

Takeover

Sorceror
Wait... How much powder does it take?....

I just tested it after I bought a summoning ball off someone and my new 7x mare bonded today but I died so I tried to summon it back before the japs killed it was too late then I was disappoint when i blew a summoning charge for nothing then i used some powder i bought when it first came out and it worked

this must've been fixed sooner or later because i confirmed it would not recharge any ball period. Well this makes shit awesome again... But does this mean you can have more than 5 charges?

Honkwomp

Sorceror
Wait... How much powder does it take?....

I just tested it after I bought a summoning ball off someone and my new 7x mare bonded today but I died so I tried to summon it back before the japs killed it was too late then I was disappoint when i blew a summoning charge for nothing then i used some powder i bought when it first came out and it worked

this must've been fixed sooner or later because i confirmed it would not recharge any ball period. Well this makes shit awesome again... But does this mean you can have more than 5 charges?

I had 14 on mine

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
On that note, do I get powder of translocation by doing the zoogi fungus quest aka OSI shards? Otherwise besides buying it, how do I get it
Nope, we don't have that quest here, and the special items don't drop from the solen monsters either. You can only get them by donating for them, buying them from other players in-game and sometimes from in-game events, like last year's christmas presents.

Honkwomp

Sorceror
Then why don't they just seal up the solen hives and elminate some mobs? The beetles are still there, do they even work as ridable cargo mounts?
Nope, we don't have that quest here, and the special items don't drop from the solen monsters either. You can only get them by donating for them, buying them from other players in-game and sometimes from in-game events, like last year's christmas presents.

Honkwomp

Sorceror
Well, pet balls are not a disaster, I just need to realize that if I want an easy way to get my pet, it will cost me a dollar a shot. This is not the first game to give you add ons for money :)