UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

-=Pictorial Paragon Guide=-

Should I create the thread explained below?

• Total voters

-CBFS-

Sorceror
Re: -=Pictorial Paragon Guide=-

koka;324608 said:
to kill all tough mobs solo with tamer,u need disco!
if your mage,u nid uber suit,u too nid disco to kill the mob fast b4 it regens.
thats y ppl are buying 120 discord and music.

Not true, I've killed every hard paragon in the game using a mage tamer with a mediocre LRC suit. Some people have non-bard tamers that are also very effective, but all I see around is cookie-cutter elf-tamer-bards with hiryu (that they use everywhere). Blah.

-CBFS-;324680 said:
Not true, I've killed every hard paragon in the game using a mage tamer with a mediocre LRC suit. Some people have non-bard tamers that are also very effective, but all I see around is cookie-cutter elf-tamer-bards with hiryu (that they use everywhere). Blah.
Every paragon in the game? *raises eyebrows*

You DO realize that there are champion spawns in Ilshenar, and you CAN spawn a paragon champion, right? Have you taken those on?

Nottheking;324746 said:

You DO realize that there are champion spawns in Ilshenar, and you CAN spawn a paragon champion, right? Have you taken those on?

champions cannot be spawned as paragons

-CBFS-

Sorceror

Nottheking;324746 said:

Have you? Solo? Maybe you're nitpicking a bit? Wasn't it obvious that I meant normal creatures?

:)

-CBFS-

Sorceror

Andrey Qattil;324747 said:
champions cannot be spawned as paragons

There was a Semidar paragon when the champion spawn in Valor was linked to an event (complete with rez-house). As well as normal champions, since the spawn was recycled several times over.

if a cgampion was spawned as a paragon, then it was made so via GM intervention,as last i checked the champs cannot be paragons

Ulizeus

Sorceror

Nottheking;324746 said:

Even some (just a few) monsters spawned in Ilshenar cant be paras, like the champs and a few other types of creatures, check the scripts.

Andrey Qattil;324780 said:
if a cgampion was spawned as a paragon, then it was made so via GM intervention,as last i checked the champs cannot be paragons

That or divine intervention :).

Oh, and to kill high end paras u can use the help of another tamer, cross-bandage and paras cant win against that. (just pick the right pet to tank :p) changes the concept of soloing but is safer and funier :D.

r1kkon

Wanderer

>>cookie-cutter elf-tamer-bards with hiryu<<

hi, since im not that familiar with ML, why are elven tamer better than human?

edit: omg, i thought human could tame cus and would only need the pads to ride them.. GG my HUMAN tamer OMFG

LadySiren

Wanderer

r1kkon;325157 said:
>>cookie-cutter elf-tamer-bards with hiryu<<

hi, since im not that familiar with ML, why are elven tamer better than human?

edit: omg, i thought human could tame cus and would only need the pads to ride them.. GG my HUMAN tamer OMFG

They arent (at least for a bard tamer).
Maybe a mage tamer would benefit from larger mana pool.

DROGADICTO

Sorceror

Something I always do when fighting anything really strong like a para, champ, doom boss is using fire/poison fields. It really helps against spellcasters. For a mage tamer to defeat über paras I'd say the fields are a must.

jrhather

Wanderer

fields and the ability to gheal on top of bandies. its how i can use a hiryu for almost anything.

-CBFS-

Sorceror

Ok, but when that paragon balron beats the snot out of your hiryu and leaves him with 10 stamina, I'd like to see you killing that thing in less than 30 minutes! :D Or succubi who have ridiculously high physical resistance. Even with poison fields to disable their magic, it will take far longer than having a tank + damager combo (both with magery)! Poison elementals and rotting corpses are also much easier with two unicorns, rather than a hiryu. Skeletal dragons are also doable, but you will still get stamina problems. And I won't even mention ancient wyrms - they pack the most rapeage of all the above paragons! So, apart from blood elementals, titans and meer eternals (and excluding the rare ethereal warriors and betrayers) there aren't any level 6 kills that are efficiently performed by a hiryu. Heck, it even gets beaten on these as well by other combos!

Where the hiryu takes the cake though is swatting low level stuff at champs because of its speed and power. In long fights it's just a big meatshield whose killing power falls with time (due to stamina drop).

hickman48

Knight

or you could be smart and go with a gourp of five ppl since the top five ppl that deal dmg will get an arty chance so what is the point and horing the artys i always have a group with me when i do ballys saves on aids and the guild gets more
Ulizeus;324552 said:
So, to kill high end paras I need disco on my tamer :p
That sucks

hickman48

Knight

crate food 20 pices of meat and he is in tip top shape
-CBFS-;325363 said:
Ok, but when that paragon balron beats the snot out of your hiryu and leaves him with 10 stamina, I'd like to see you killing that thing in less than 30 minutes! :D Or succubi who have ridiculously high physical resistance. Even with poison fields to disable their magic, it will take far longer than having a tank + damager combo (both with magery)! Poison elementals and rotting corpses are also much easier with two unicorns, rather than a hiryu. Skeletal dragons are also doable, but you will still get stamina problems. And I won't even mention ancient wyrms - they pack the most rapeage of all the above paragons! So, apart from blood elementals, titans and meer eternals (and excluding the rare ethereal warriors and betrayers) there aren't any level 6 kills that are efficiently performed by a hiryu. Heck, it even gets beaten on these as well by other combos!

Where the hiryu takes the cake though is swatting low level stuff at champs because of its speed and power. In long fights it's just a big meatshield whose killing power falls with time (due to stamina drop).

-CBFS-

Sorceror

Having to carry 'battery packs' kinda stops making the hiryu a comfort pet. You also have to consider weight limitations and the fact that you don't have the time to create food during a fight - even if you had ten stacks of 20 pieces of meat they will not last long at all in hard fights!

DROGADICTO

Sorceror

-CBFS-;325466 said:
Having to carry 'battery packs' kinda stops making the hiryu a comfort pet. You also have to consider weight limitations and the fact that you don't have the time to create food during a fight - even if you had ten stacks of 20 pieces of meat they will not last long at all in hard fights!

I prefer to use my ru, which is far more comfortable than draggin a lazy ass dragon/ww/rune beetle around, that always gets targeted by mobs and just ends luring loads of shit. That is a time waste.

Get some fc/fcr and create food wont be a problem. You will have time to cast your g heal while applying the bandages and create food before the next gheal. If you don't have the fc/fcr, why don't you just create food between fights? Also, carry a bladed weapon, some creatures have meat on their corpses, like drags/aws.

Also, there won't be any weight issues, cause the food you are creating is going to be consumed right away.

-CBFS-

Sorceror

You see, you need a whole stack of food to fully refresh your pet's stamina. One piece of meat just won't cut it - and with 3-4 hard blows the stamina is down again. I'm just saying that the hiryu can't handle hard-hitters as well as other combos because it is entirely reliant on its stamina to deliver damage at a good rate.