UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Planned Demise migration

Xavier

Account Terminated
Well, short and sweet. Ryan has informed us that Demise is going to migrate back to the physical location it was at before the last move.

He has the servers setup, but there is still some gear to be delivered, etc. These things take a little time usually, so hang in there with us a little while, and Demise will be back to the smooth running shard it used to be.

Many thanks to Ryan and Mark for the hard work to get this sorted.

Cornwallis

Sorceror
No more 60 second world saves, lag spikes, and slow running!

Thanks for the update, Xavier.
Thanks for providing all the server support and gear, Ryan.
Thanks for sticking with moving the servers to try to better Demise, trial and error is always a good thing, so thank you, Mark.

Wow, this is happening? I must give thanks to Ryan; the D.C. location for the shard was perhaps the most optimal. My concerns, I suppose, came from the costs of locating all the RunUO/UOGamers servers in different physical locations... Concerns that were why I wasn't suggesting anything for a move back. But it looks like those aren't major, so that's great to hear. :)

Xavier

Account Terminated
There will be a few people who got 30 or 40 ms knocked off their RTT, and I know exactly why they might not want to give it up now. The thing is, and Ive been paying very close attention to this: nearly all of the players I had feedback either directly or by overhearing discussion in game, said their gaming experience on Demise went from great to crap.

It is impossible to be fair to everyone in this situation.. there is no location that will be optimal for all players, so Ryan and Mark can only do what works best for most. OSI solved that problem with a whole mess of shards all over the world and telling the players to pick another if they dont like it, but Demise is one shard. It is what it is.

Insomniac-

Sorceror
I think its best. While I applaud the effort to make things better it just didn't work out ... thanks for listening to the concerns of the playerbase and reverting the move. My ping is gonna go back up a bit but I can deal with it as long as the majority of teh server benefits.

Cornwallis

Sorceror
I wish Ryan would move it to his house, I would have a ping like a god from heaven. 20 ping anyone!

Cinnci 2011! I wish :-/