UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Poetry/Story contests

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Poetry/Story contests

Ok - so I've had some interest via people sending me private messages about bringing back the story/poetry events. I am not opposed to this and I believe Cronus tried to get some decent feedback prior....

So, I'm trying to gather some good feedback from the people who are INTERESTED in PARTICIPATING in the event. While we appreciate that players want certain events, if there is no interest in them, we cannot take away from staff resources to host an event for 3 people.... its not feasible especially with the rest of the need of the shard as far as customer support and event support....

SO, with that said.... I really do not think the story/poetry events will be winning any players choice polls anytime soon SO - if you want the event to come back, please let me know the best timezone for YOU.... this is to give best opportunity to participate to those actually interested.

Thanks
LC

marcusstone

Sorceror
Re: Poetry/Story contests

I liked the storytelling contest, but could care less about poetry tbh...
Any time zone is good, I will either be able to make it or not, depending on what I am doing at the time, but time zone shouldn't effect that, because if I am home, I can be on...

bilabong

Account Terminated

i like the story line quests poetry i dont have a clue what ya on about but what ever ill try any sort of event thats going on i guess thanks :)

gilgamash

Knight

I am with it and prefer poetry contests or a mixed one with allowing for both (and thus making the decision harder but the contest more interesting .-))

G.

How about a separate category for limericks?

Everyone knows the format, and they are a perfect vehicle for humorous poetry pvp :p

That might get more people interested and even pull in some spectators as well...

Oh, and how about some kind of UO related Poetry Slam? Fun for the audience/judges too.

FE

PS

Demise once had a Seer - name of Crimson,
Public Relations - with whistles and bells on.
She posted so much,
Information and such
And we can't even give her rep! - utation...

jrhather

Wanderer

Demise once had a man beneath mention,
At birth they called him Feersum Endjinn.
On forums he doth type,
With much pomp and hype
His purpose being purely obfuscation!

jrhather;351007 said:
Demise once had a man beneath mention,
At birth they called him Feersum Endjinn.
On forums he doth type,
With much pomp and hype
His purpose being purely obfuscation!

Just the kind of thing I was talking about... :p

FE

Harlee

Wanderer

Although I haven't been here long enough to remember the story telling and poetry events it sounds fun to me =)

I have to real time preference but would prefer weekends as there is less to keep me from playing =)

I'm in sunday I will send you a book in UO a Whale of a Tale, about pets, dragons, ships, and other cool stuff : P

Sintoo

Sorceror

*strings lute*
Are you ready to rock!?

(YEAH)

I said, ARE YOU READY TO ROCK!?

(YEEEEAAAAH)

*Stagedives*

I like a little culture with my UO,:D I just work during the day EST. I can do most of the day Sunday, and many evenings.

I create som fine poems, but theyre portuguese... I guess i can try to do it in english, but they'll prolly be no good...