UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Pot Throwing

Droidx

Sorceror
Hey Guys trying to get back into the game after 8 years, can someone please help me i forgot how to set up the macro to throw a exp pot with razor and timing it.. thank you in advance.

FYI i know razor isn't the best anymore but i like it. Thanks

Little Owl

Wanderer
You don't set up a macro. There are times when you will want to ditch the potion in one way or another, such as throwing it at a random spot of ground.

When you activate the pot, you get a random 4 or 5 seconds before it will blow up. The pot travels through the air for 1 second. So if you are trying to throw a potion such that your opponent cannot get away from it, you throw it just "before" you see the 1 second timer.

A hotkey for using/drinking the explosion potion, a hotkey for canceling the target cursor, and lasttarget is probably what you are looking for. Once you start the potion ticking process, you can cancel the target cursor, and then come back to it later by using/drinking the explosion pot again later. Advanced players do all sorts of things while the potion is ticking down, and then come back to it again when they want to throw it.

That should get your started. There are lot of considerations to take into account once you get the basics down.

Little Owl

Wanderer
Yeah, you generally hit lasttarget when you want to throw the potion (as long as it is your last target). Sometimes you may choose to throw it on the ground, or at a stickybar for an opponent that you may have pulled ahead of time.

If all that is confusing, don't worry about it for now. Practicing with lesser explosions is cheaper and safer until you get the hang of things.

crikey

Sorceror
If your using a dexxer its pretty easy

Set 4 hotkeys
1. drink explosion potion
2. last target
3. set last target(or you can do hotkeys for "target closest murderer, target closest innocent, target closest enemy, target closest gray. I hate hotkeys for all 5)
5. clear target queue

So....you see someone you want to fight

First, always hit "clear target queue", this will make sure you throw it where you want

Hit set last target, and click the dude you want to fight. If you have a "target closest X" hotkey, its a bit easier since you don't have to actuay click them first

Hit your "drink explosion potion" hotkey

The countdown will begin.
Hit your "last target" hotkey to throw the potion
The key is to throw the potion EXACTLY at 2.0 seconds. RIGHT before the the 2 changes to 1. If you throw the potion right when the 3 turns into 2, thats way too early, and any moving opponent will easily evade.
If you throw it anytime the counter says 1, the potion will explode in your hand, damaging YOU

If you get STUNNED while the countdown is going, its a good idea alot of times to click the ground anywhere away from you, as a wise opponent wiil stand next to you so your potion hurts you as well. That's right. If you are too close to your target when it explodes, you get hit as well

Also I should add: the server changed it so you can throw potions in towns. Before, the potions would hit anything closeby and result in you getting guardwacked. That's not the case now :)

Good luck

Hey Guys trying to get back into the game after 8 years, can someone please help me i forgot how to set up the macro to throw a exp pot with razor and timing it.. thank you in advance.

FYI i know razor isn't the best anymore but i like it. Thanks

I'll help you not need to rely on a macro. It literally takes about 2 minutes to figure out how to throw a purple pot to perfection. Let me know what time you are usually on ( including timezone) and I will help you out. You need to have your purple pot hotkey near your escape hotkey though. If it is too far away then you won't be able to beat people who have it as close as me. Example - my purple pot is F4 and Escape is Esc. move that to f8 and Esc and you lose a lot of time.

Droidx

Sorceror
I'll help you not need to rely on a macro. It literally takes about 2 minutes to figure out how to throw a purple pot to perfection. Let me know what time you are usually on ( including timezone) and I will help you out. You need to have your purple pot hotkey near your escape hotkey though. If it is too far away then you won't be able to beat people who have it as close as me. Example - my purple pot is F4 and Escape is Esc. move that to f8 and Esc and you lose a lot of time.
Awesome thanks, i'm on pacific time zone i'll be on friday night