UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Proposed changes to housing ruleset:

Do you like these proposed changes to housing?

• Yes

Votes: 63 38.0%
  • No

Votes: 103 62.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Proposed changes to housing ruleset:

I can see how this system would discourage house hiding and house pk'ing. I also see that this would drive away the PvP population.

After this change, the only players left would be noto-pk'ing blues and 'good' roleplayers.

If you can't be safe in a your own house in order to restock as a factioneer, order/chaos, guild war participant or murderer... where can you restock? The first three might be able to do so in town. Until that fateful day they get ganked in town. Murderers get totally hosed. Wait for everyone to stop camping before you restock? Not likely.

Situation... Bloodclan orc player. He's red. (duh) He has access to the stuff in the stone hut. He gets waxed by three humans in the fort. What does he do? Normally... restock and fend off from the rock house until more orcs show up or they get disinterested. Under that system? Log out because he realizes there is nothing he can do. I can see this driving the 'evil' roleplayers away pretty quick.

Even if you take away the leave house option... the only thing that creates is house trapping. Which is even worse than house pk'ing. This gets a big thumbs down from me.

The idea has good intentions but bad execution. I say if you really want to stop house pk'ing... just remove banning and ejecting completely. Be fair to all hues. Not just noto-pk's and banksitters. If you do this, I'll accept it. This will most definitly encourage more field fighting.

Milug'Kog

Wanderer

a guardian said:
Situation... Bloodclan orc player. He's red. (duh) He has access to the stuff in the stone hut. He gets waxed by three humans in the fort. What does he do? Normally... restock and fend off from the rock house until more orcs show up or they get disinterested. Under that system? Log out because he realizes there is nothing he can do. I can see this driving the 'evil' roleplayers away pretty quick.

Well said...

Peasant

Wanderer

im against this 100% let the people house hide if they want i myself have a red i dont househide because thats low and cheap but then agian so is boating pets and res killing but those are still allowed and this is just another way to make life harder for reds i know many many people hate reds and want less of them but all this does is make it easier for the blues if you want a easy shard where you have so many advantages over the reds choose a different shard this shard is fine the way it is why change it?

Remfin

Wanderer

Just base it off aggressor...maybe make it so a factioneer cannot ban any factioneer if that's possible (same order/chaos). I'm something of a newbie to this but I don't see the point of the warring guild stuff myself, if some guild is being chickenshits can't you just call them out for that on the forum and end the war anyway?

I assume this does not affect banning of monsters in any way?

How about ban lists clear every 24 hours? :)

I'd love to see that in addition to anything else being implemented.

Lesabre

Sorceror

Just make it so you can't ban if you are flagged as an aggressor. Nothing wrong with that.

Dbknn

Wanderer

how about we delete houseing and make the bank hold infinate shit?
i voted YES, houses are for loot ONLY.

GradGT

Sorceror

I don't see what the big deal is, so what if people can't run to their house they're still gonna run.

No change to gamers is gonna make cowards brave :(

Dbknn

Wanderer

Grad said:
I don't see what the big deal is, so what if people can't run to their house they're still gonna run.

No change to gamers is gonna make cowards brave :(
It just might make them learn how to pvp

Xx-GoD-xX

Knight

(not reading all 11 or how ever many pages so don't flame me if someone has said this)

This is a bad idea, say you are just macroing grey inside your house and forgot to lock the door, someone decides to come in and pk you, gg, your fucked, [this is a REALLY bad idea, it's going to good for no one..]< my opinion

Hey Ryan, I think you are going from one extreme to the other. As of right now there are no limitations to house hiding. (which i think is wrong) Your proposal to fix this problem would hinder many people. A good example would be owners of a vendor mall. I think we should come to a middle ground.

Epileptick

Wanderer

There is absolutely nothing wrong with making life harder on pk'ers. There arent enough reasons to NOT pk, and I am all for any decision making life harder on them. In real life - you kill an innocent: you goto jail and get fucked in the ass for the rest of your life. And if you want to kill people legit? Join the army (like factions).

There shouldnt be any negetive on faction pvp though.

Alot of people are using the arguement: "well if a blue attacks a red and runs in his house he's safe but if its the red attacking he cant do anything" You cant use that as an arguement to fairness. It's not fair to kill newbs all day to become a red. Reds arent "fair" players. Its nice to see somthing that evens the fight between good and evil.

Meow.

- epi

And factions are fair players? What would you rather run into, a faction gank squad (which you will most likely die) or a pk gank squad (where you atleast have a chance)

bballerjess

Wanderer

Vas Griffith said:
And factions are fair players? What would you rather run into, a faction gank squad (which you will most likely die) or a pk gank squad (where you atleast have a chance)

What pk ganksquads have you been running into? Point me in their direction.

As for the proposed changes to housing rulesets:

People will hide in houses, and it is gay. But would you rather be chasing a red and lose him when he bans you, OR be in battle with a red when 5 more start chasing you and, even though your house is right there, you die on the doorstep? In my opinion, i would rather loose nothing because the guy hid, call him a pussy and walk away.

I'm pretty sure most people agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.