UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

PvP Tournament Poll

Would you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas420

Wanderer
Alaskan is a faggot!!!

Alaskan, shut the fuck up with the shit from dictionary.com. You think youre smart I guess. Just looks stupid to me. I mean, Phil and GeoX were just posting concerning the poll, wtf are you doing? Messing with people on forums? I don't understand why you would do this.

You've done this before in the past, making an ass of yourself. You should be locked from this thread for your bullshit. I hope a gm removes your post along with mine. No reason to keep em here, really.

Compton

Sorceror
Judas420 said:
Alaskan, shut the fuck up with the shit from dictionary.com. You think youre smart I guess. Just looks stupid to me. I mean, Phil and GeoX were just posting concerning the poll, wtf are you doing? Messing with people on forums? I don't understand why you would do this.

You've done this before in the past, making an ass of yourself. You should be locked from this thread for your bullshit. I hope a gm removes your post along with mine. No reason to keep em here, really.

It is a VALID concern of mine that this sever doesn't get shut down for illegal gambling, and it was in defense of my post, by the looks of things, that he made those remarks.

now if you are just refering to the way he stated his point, i will not defend that, but if it is because of the topic that he stood for, i am standing by it.

i am still unsure if this would be considered gambling or not, but i still like the idea and would love to see it implemented.( plus make a ton of cash for the server....)

if someone tell me why paying an enterance fee, to play a game, that the winners win the bulk of the money earned on enterance fees, is any different then a texas hold 'em tournament, please enlighten me. because the concept sounds pretty much the same to me, and texas hold 'em tournaments ARE GAMBLING!!!!

oh yes, and debit would be the best way for me to 'donate' as well.

Christ another retard that can't read. Judas, you have to be the slowest person in the world.

You'll find I was refering to the people who didn't read that part that the winners get a share of the pot.

Then I went on to include that gambling is defined as having a chance to win money, you'll find I am not a lawyer, but the dictionary is pretty official.

If you don't like the dictionary. Try this link that I googled for.

http://www.edcollins.com/backgammon/backgamb.htm

You need to prove that this isn't a game of chance. And while the damage is random, I do believe this to not be a game of chance. But is it still legal internationally?

Maybe a loophole would be that you donate for an entrance ticket to see the tourney from better seats. The signup stone just happens to be accessible only from these better seats.

Instead of paying for an entry fee for the tournament, how about a tournament for only the people who have donated in the last month or so. That way people don't have to fork over extra money for one tournament while getting an added perk for donating. Just an idea.

Still Da Mom

Wanderer
I don't participate in any of these events any more. There is too much cheating. Also corruptness. For example (not that I'm whining but it should be said) there was a scavenger hunt in Brit last week. I found the item and as I grabbed it from the barrel, I got a message that said "You cannot take that", and it disappeared. 2 minutes later someone else got it. I tried to ask a GM by paging and was ignored. I just wanted to know WHY. As far as pvp events, I see cheaters every stinking day!

KharneKGB

Wanderer
Why would anyone donate to a free shard let alone pay for an event....

because unlike you who would have to get your parents approval to use their credit card (ain't happenin), they have good jobs and expendable income and understand the importance of supporting something like this.

Judas420

Wanderer
Alaskan youre wasting my time with this shit.

Alaskan said:
You'll find I was refering to the people who didn't read that part that the winners get a share of the pot.

Then I went on to include that gambling is defined as having a chance to win money, you'll find I am not a lawyer, but the dictionary is pretty official.
I know who you were referring to. I think it's kind of simple minded to call it gambling when it's a tournament. It's sad that you tried to seem intelligent in your posts. Unfortunately, you did not succeed.

There are lots of legal tournaments being held and some have cash entrance fees and cash prizes. Everything from ping pong to Halo has cash tourneys so how is this any different?

In conclusion, I find that you are a moron and I stand by my original statements.

Compton

Sorceror
Judas420 said:
I know who you were referring to. I think it's kind of simple minded to call it gambling when it's a tournament. It's sad that you tried to seem intelligent in your posts. Unfortunately, you did not succeed.

There are lots of legal tournaments being held and some have cash entrance fees and cash prizes. Everything from ping pong to Halo has cash tourneys so how is this any different?

In conclusion, I find that you are a moron and I stand by my original statements.

you still haven't told me why it is any different from a poker tourniment, you just make examples.
so if a texas hold 'em tourniment is gambling, then according to your logic, SO IS THIS!!!!
please explain your stance instead of just making it....

Compton

Sorceror
ProlifiK said:
Why would anyone donate to a free shard let alone pay for an event....

you sir, are a complete scumbag.
maybe if you enjoyed the experience you have here, you could spend some of the cash you saved by playing here instead of OSI on maintaining the shard. it might be free for you to log on but it sure as hell isn't free to run. also the people who make RunUO (the same that own and run this shard, mind you,) are adults with JOBS! meaning that they do this in the small amount of free time they have on the side.
the world isn't here to serve you at their own expense, the donations are the reason that we can even play this game, or post such asshole remarks as the one you just posted on the message boards,(also not free!!!)
in closing, some people enjoy themselves and are more willing to try and ensure this community continues, not just for their own personal gain, but for the benifit of all of the players on UOGamers, (including greedy, thoughtless cocksuckers like yourself.)

Judas420

Wanderer
Compton said:
you still haven't told me why it is any different from a poker tourniment, you just make examples.
so if a texas hold 'em tourniment is gambling, then according to your logic, SO IS THIS!!!!
please explain your stance instead of just making it....
Well, the reason poker tournaments are illegal is because poker is a game of chance. In this case, one could argue that a UO pvp tournament is a skill based competition.

The reason Alaskan is a moron is because his motivation for posting is to make himself feel intelligent and/or strong and I think that's pretty pathetic. He comes on here calling ppl retarded and then posts definitions from dictionary.com, fucking hilarious.

Compton

Sorceror
Judas420 said:
Well, the reason poker tournaments are illegal is because poker is a game of chance. In this case, one could argue that a UO pvp tournament is a skill based competition.

The reason Alaskan is a moron is because his motivation for posting is to make himself feel intelligent and/or strong and I think that's pretty pathetic. He comes on here calling ppl retarded and then posts definitions from dictionary.com, fucking hilarious.

i am not going to defend or argue about alaska, but i think some might dissagree about;
1) uo being a Skill based game and not requiring any luck to win a tourniment, and
2) poker being entirely a game of chance.
and this is why....

in uo, a server slow down can cause unfair advantages to those not being routed through the slower connection. (not trying to lecture but you go through MANY different servers to access the same info from one area to another.) also the same people don't keep winning the tourniments, and if it was strongly requiring skill to win, then we should have people that almost ALWAYS WIN.

and in poker, you don't have to bet on bad hands. if poker was entirely based on luck, then poker champions would only win once in a liftime, and if you ever play or watch professional poker, you know that is CLEARLY NOT THE CASE!!!

don't get me wrong, i see what you are saying, i just disagree about the amount of skill and luck that is required to win either game then what you beleive.

Judas' intelligence was higlighted in this post.

"Remove pet bonding. It's gay."

He is great at arguing, he makes a point and backs it up with useful information. Actually, I think his stupidity stems from his lack of knowledge of English.

Ryan:
Account farming and password guessing is not tolerated.
Judas:
He wasn't trying to hack, he was just looking for vet rewards on old bullshit accounts. There are lots of old accounts that have the same password as the account name, like asdf or newbie, and sometimes they have vet rewards.

'Why are you calling me a fucktard? I'm just saying I dont think this is a very serious offense. My friend is upstanding and was just making some gold off the vet rewards dipshit. I didn't say anyone was hacking, I was just clarifying that he wasn't guessing active player accounts. What the fuck is your problem?

Apparently, being banned for guessing passwords doesn't count if you THINK the accounts you are guessing on aren't being used. Or in his little world anyway.

I wouldn't worry about trying to talk to Judas, here is a definition that aptly describes him.

ig·no·rant
adj.

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

And his ignorance stems from him not reading what others say, and assuming he understands things without checking from a credible source (No, asking your mother doesn't count).

This is so much fun ;)

Judas420

Wanderer
haha, this is getting retarded. First of all, that's not a quote from Ryan its from Mark. Second, my statement there wasnt a reply to Mark, it was to someone that flamed me for putting a good word in for a friend that was banned. It's very odd that you posted that shit.

Good job, digging up old posts to prove a point no one gives a shit about.

I wont be replying to any more posts so have the last word if you want, fag.

Riptide TcD

Wanderer
paying to participate

I think charging money would exclude alot of ppl that cannot afford to pay to play like that its an interesting idea i think if you do it at all it should be a rare thing i myself have missed all the fun tourni stuff red vs blue team battles ffas all that maybe ppl complained to much about prizes which did upset me i go to those for a different pvp experience the prizes dont matter to me. I think it would be perfectly fine to do a pay tourni sometimes but I hope you will reactivate the other tournis more regularly again free of charge and still give everyone a chance to enter free tournaments especially for those that cannot swing money to pay to play.
Anyways its late im tired, I have always enjoyed the staff since I came here not all that long ago I will go along with whatever you guys put out this is an escape for me from irl relieves stress and whatnot others may smoke something or drink something i just kill a few ppl and call it a nite *grins*

DaGongeKid

Sorceror
Ryan said:
Would you guys like to see an official paid PVP tournament?

This would mean the following:

You pay an entry fee via paypal, probably 1 - 5 dollars depending on size of tournament. You recieve a ticket in game for your purchase that allows you to partake in the scheduled pvp tournament. When the event is opened you turn in the ticket, go to the event and the winner will recieve a portion of the monies taken for entry as well as second and third runner up.

Your thoughts please...

LoL no way in hell id be a winner but that is a badd ass idea

Status
Not open for further replies.