UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[QUESTION] 4 houses limit per ip address...

Bullet Proof

Wanderer
[QUESTION] 4 houses limit per ip address...

I have created and registered 4 accounts on my ip address, and each account has a house.

If i log to my friends account that was created and registered in a different ip address and his account has a house, will my friends house add to my limit and will i lose one of the houses?

thanks...

Phyrex

Page
Re: [QUESTION] 4 houses limit per ip address...

Yes it should, if the IP is created on your IP.
Although the account limit to create on each IP is four I believe?

Zippy

Razor Creator

Bullet Proof;1439477 said:
i just sent a page... and they said Yes....
Your page phased the question differently and I answered "Yes" which is the same answer as when I say "No" in this thread. be consistent.

Bullet Proof

Wanderer

So i really confused... lol

I can log into 5 accounts that each one has a house... but each was created and registered on a different ip... will i lose any house? just for loggin?

If you have your accounts registered to your IP and own four across the four you're fine. I log into my sister's and my friend's from time-to-time and vice versa and all is well.

Un4

Knight

a whole lot of people are in trouble if its if you logged in the account from that ip lol.. =\

ive logged in alot of people accoutns

Zippy

Razor Creator

As has been stated before, we are aware that a large number of people share accounts and refresh houses for their friends and everything else. I'm not going to go into specifics because I don't want to give out any information to people who want to try and cheat the system, but we are aware of the situation and will deal with it appropriately.

ben_kapitan

Sorceror

I wonder if the servers can detect if people are connecting via proxys?

MarcusO

Sorceror

Zippy;1439484 said:
Your page phased the question differently and I answered "Yes" which is the same answer as when I say "No" in this thread. be consistent.

Zip...I'm struggling to understand how you're going to enforce this.

Lots of folks with cable modems get new IPs whenever the power goes out. So if they now have 6 accounts all with houses all created with different IPs, how do you hold them to 4? All you can see is the one IP refreshing them.

Here's another scenario. I live in Virginia, but I have a beach house in N.C. with a cable modem. I go there four times a year, and I sometimes play UO on my laptop from there. I could very easily create four more accounts from there (different IP) and have four more houses (Note: I didn't do this, because I was worried that if I refreshed 8 houses from my VA IP then I'd lose four someday. But again, I could have said I was just refreshing those 4 for my long lost buddy in the war. See the problem?

Or, am I okay making four more accounts in N.C???????

If you really want to crack down on housing and account abuse...

1) Force "owners" of houses to do the refresh.
- This would suck because it would be a pain. I like having my other account's chars refresh my houses.

2) Allow one IP to only log into 4 accounts.
- This would screw over frat houses with LANs...and that one orphanage :)

It's a hard nut to crack. Thoughts?

Zippy

Razor Creator

MarcusO;1440104 said:
It's a hard nut to crack. Thoughts?
Like I said, if I explain how we plan to handle this stuff then it will only serve to help people get around it. That's (obviously) not something I want to do.

Bigoud

Wanderer

ok lets trust zippy.

anyway, i am really looking forward into people owning less houses. i met a guy owning about 12 houses... damn!

If you trust somebody enough to give them your acct and password, trust them enough to make them a coowner. Then they can refresh your houses without having to worry about making the admins' lives harder.

ben_kapitan

Sorceror

Bigoud;1442248 said:
ok lets trust zippy.

anyway, i am really looking forward into people owning less houses. i met a guy owning about 12 houses... damn!

12 houses? Thats B.S!!