UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Question about Razor not recognizing mouse commands... Please Help!

Do you think Sallos is unfair because of the amount of automatiom (*Ahem pvp especially) is allowed.

• Yes

• No

• I don't care which 3rd party program people use

• Certain parts of sallos should be allowed but not things like auto-loot and perfect time pot throwin

• I think Razor and Sallos (or anything automated) is unfair, or rather, takes away from the pvp skill

Results are only viewable after voting.

J-Bone

Page
I have a Microsoft Sidewinder x3, which I had no problems with before. For every since I got this mouse I played UO with no problems, and the side buttons (x3 has a left and right side button) worked fine with any other program now.
Now everytime I try to set a macro to left or right side button (for example one of the side buttons showed in razor as "XButton 2", until now when I try it types "control key" in instead... I've rolled back and updated vid card drivers...
Maybe I messed up a setting in UO or Razor?
Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

btw:I couldn't find this question anywhere so if its already been addressed I apologize, I have no problem reading it and seeing if it helps. I need my side buttons! lol Thanks

EDIT: I have since tried a fresh install of the Microsoft Keyboard settings and did restore to defaults, so I would THINK that would work, since it used to, but for some reason I keep getting "Control Key" typed in instead UGH. And middle mouse button displays as "Mouse MID Button".
This is drivin my nuts! I'm no genius but I know a decent amount about computers and I'm flabbergasted. I probably remember in the morning lol. If anyone else ran into this and fixed it that would be IDEAL!

Last edited:

Shini

Page
This poll was kinda out of place ... oh well i don't how to fix your mouse issue so :

The Sallos client on hybrid is on the same level as any assistant tools or extremely close.
razor , UOSteam or sallos this doesn't matter.

They can all practically reach the same level of automation
automated gameplay is easy to reach with all of them , anyone with a bit of
knowledges can do it.

This only comes down to who ''want'' to cross the line.

Last edited:

J-Bone

Page
Yeah, it was a random poll for fun.. But there's no way you can really believe the old school UO Assist is as powerful (eg. having more features, and features that are capable of more complex motions or patterns) as Razor? No razor is "stronger" But lets get back to the point of Razor and Sallos

With Sallos your computer picking up every item in a corpse as fast as MACHINELY possibly (not human like all the people without auto loot) and you're telling me that's not an unfair advantage? Then we have two entirely different set of standards that define "fun" (and I'm guessing also "fair") . There are TONS of examples I could come up with using Sallos's macro-ing capabilities that a non assisted player would use.
Razor, I get is not going I away, don't get me wrong I don't wanna double click a red pot every time, however there are so many things that can allow you to pretty much do things otherwise IMPOSSIBLE without the perfect timing of a machine, and also basing it on it's communication with the server so it knows what info from your computer is so to speak. So it allows you do things otherwise impossible, (at least they finally got rid of pot kicking I think) and it's annoying because I watch my 9 year old brother just school people. So, say what you will but the proof is in the pudding. Come pvp my alchy stun/poison mage (you can even play my brother) and he'll woop your ass lol (not sure so much now that they changed pots including how they deal damage.

Programs like this also allows you to make you char a "bot" (having a low level of AI and performing repetitive, boring, mundane tasks) which is another thing, Some of those things like mining etc etc could be automated, as there is no real advantage except it makes it less of a pain in the butt. Not like your gonna get rich with your spinning cotton macro.

SO that's my take on it, and now a days no ones on to do anything fun like dungeons or tmaps, they just wanna troll around brit and del w their finger on the pot kick macro... So its whatever. Half the people on at any given time anyway are just in brit selling stuff no one is buying, and looking to buy things no one is selling.
With all that what have you got left?
Anyone wanna buy some gold or rares??
:)

Death To You

Sorceror
Yeah, it was a random poll for fun.. But there's no way you can really believe the old school UO Assist is as powerful (eg. having more features, and features that are capable of more complex motions or patterns) as Razor? No razor is "stronger" But lets get back to the point of Razor and Sallos

With Sallos your computer picking up every item in a corpse as fast as MACHINELY possibly (not human like all the people without auto loot) and you're telling me that's not an unfair advantage? Then we have two entirely different set of standards that define "fun" (and I'm guessing also "fair") . There are TONS of examples I could come up with using Sallos's macro-ing capabilities that a non assisted player would use.
Razor, I get is not going I away, don't get me wrong I don't wanna double click a red pot every time, however there are so many things that can allow you to pretty much do things otherwise IMPOSSIBLE without the perfect timing of a machine, and also basing it on it's communication with the server so it knows what info from your computer is so to speak. So it allows you do things otherwise impossible, (at least they finally got rid of pot kicking I think) and it's annoying because I watch my 9 year old brother just school people. So, say what you will but the proof is in the pudding. Come pvp my alchy stun/poison mage (you can even play my brother) and he'll woop your ass lol (not sure so much now that they changed pots including how they deal damage.

Programs like this also allows you to make you char a "bot" (having a low level of AI and performing repetitive, boring, mundane tasks) which is another thing, Some of those things like mining etc etc could be automated, as there is no real advantage except it makes it less of a pain in the butt. Not like your gonna get rich with your spinning cotton macro.

SO that's my take on it, and now a days no ones on to do anything fun like dungeons or tmaps, they just wanna troll around brit and del w their finger on the pot kick macro... So its whatever. Half the people on at any given time anyway are just in brit selling stuff no one is buying, and looking to buy things no one is selling.
With all that what have you got left?
Anyone wanna buy some gold or rares??
:)
Razor and sallos are most likely are stronger then the old uo assist(I've never personally used it) however you can't expect things to always stay the same after so many years, people always want more powerful and refined clients to make their experience better (and sometimes easier)

Sallos has same speed as the inclient hotkeys, I think razor is a few milliseconds more and I'm not sure about steam. Looks like you haven't tried uosteam yet if you think razor is bad for automated macros. It also seems like you haven't actually used sallos since some of the things you claim sallos has is incorrect, such as "certain parts of sallos sould be allowed but not things like auto-loot and perfect time pot throwing" - sallos has no autoloot (uosteam does) in terms of pot throwing it's the same as any client.

I would say that sallos is a better client to use for pvp, since it was made for pvp, however the only really big advantage that was unfair to the razor users was the cut off sytem, which has been removed.

In my opinion low skilled players can use automated macros for pvp (plugins are a different story) to increase their skill level but will also have a lower skill ceiling, a top tier pvper will always be better then the macro users. One unfair advantage from macros that I recognise would be using the delay feature to make perfect delayed ebs everytime.

I guess dungeons and tmaps can't be that fun if no ones doing them. Personally, unless you're trying to make gold from these types of things I think it would only be for nostalgia, let's face it, practically any recent mmo has a "funner" pve experience then uo.

Would be cool if your 9 year old brother can record a video of him "schooling" people - preferably with commentary. Maybe he can be the poisoner?