UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Question for inactive staff.

Bad Mutha

Sorceror
Although I have to disagree with you about the whole competitive thing. From your point of view, if I did read right, you say it's mainly related to the player data base. Now, with that in mind let me ask you @Mister Pink do you think a game like Super Smash Bros Melee is competitive? If you don't think so because the active pro or amateur player base is very limited (I think it might be even under Demise active pvp players) you would be wrong, because it's a high attended game when it comptes to E sport, competitions a cash prizes.

I don't think it's the player base that makes a game competitive, as long as there are two players playing and pvping on the same game it's a competitive game.

Mister Pink

Squire
Although I have to disagree with you about the whole competitive thing. From your point of view, if I did read right, you say it's mainly related to the player data base. Now, with that in mind let me ask you @Mister Pink do you think a game like Super Smash Bros Melee is competitive? If you don't think so because the active pro or amateur player base is very limited (I think it might be even under Demise active pvp players) you would be wrong, because it's a high attended game when it comptes to E sport, competitions a cash prizes.

I don't think it's the player base that makes a game competitive, as long as there are two players playing and pvping on the same game it's a competitive game.

When you go to a friends house to play Super Smash Bros Melee, Do you have to painstackingly build a character from scratch to pvp with your friends or can you start pvping right away? Are the game mechanics, characters, and moves to perform specials the same at your friends house as anywhere else?

My comment was two part, One- The population is minimal (The demise pvp community is less that 200 people max, IMO, Obviously its my best guess, but I was conservative with my estimate. When you have so few people being the top dog isn't an achievement). Two- It's not an immediate process when setting up shop on a new server, you have to build your character, skills, and customize it to your liking. A console game that was popular in living rooms and dorm rooms throughout America/The world has the same characters, same skills, and no items to collect. Add that with the game mechanics of your example (Super Smash Bros Melee) staying practically the same from day one, and yeah I can understand it's popularity. UO on the other hand hasn't kept the same game mechanics from it's inception to present day. How many changes has UO gone through? UO has different Eras, items that influence RNG, skill training/skill cap, and because of all these changes its not as universal as a console game. Are the game mechanics on Demise the same as any other server or even current day OSI?

I guess you could argue any game is "competitive", but a game that has an average of 200 people in a month isn't going to be as competitive as a game that has hundreds of thousands of people playing against each other every day. Yes in your example that's not necessarily happening, but the universal aspect of the console game that I mentioned is the difference between a Super Smash Bros and UO pvp. Comparing Demise pvp to a console game competition that attracts alot of people, and cash prizes isn't a valid comparison. Post your pvp videos on youtube and you'll be lucky to crack 1,000 people viewing your videos. Compare that with a video of the competitions you mentioned and it gets more eyeballs. More eyeballs and cash make the stakes higher.

I have a blast playing here, and we all want to win, so I guess that makes it competitive in that regards, but I don't view Demise pvp as a being competitive, so I stick by my original statement. Demise pvp in it's current form isn't competitive.

Last edited:

c0d3r

Traveler
New faces do come every now and then on the pvp stage. Remember when Loop had a whole brazilian server joining them? When I started here there was like two of these guys. Now I heard some italian guys joined in aswell. It comes and goes, still pretty active if you ask me.
you realize that after moving the server to another host (months ago) it became impossible for half Loop guild to play and thats the reason why some of us moved now to a server hosted in NY with steady 100 - 150ms latency right?

previously we had something between 130 - 190ms, not perfect but possible for a mage to play, now I can't even tell you my ping as it changes hourly (sometimes reaching 250ms). I recall that even the chinese were doing pvp and they probably quit for the same reason.
unfortunatelly a guild full of dexxers cannot compete when it comes to raids or even field fights depending on the location.

note that it does not matter for north americans where this server is hosted, they will probably have a maximum of 120ms no matter where the server is located inside the US (as long as their connection is stable), so, instead of trying to reduce US players ping, this shard should care about foreigners if they want them playing here.

I don't mean to be rude but realistic... it is possible that they thought moving to Amazon was a great idea but in my opinion it doesnt work, latency is not steady enough for foreigners and this is not Hybrid, ping matters a lot.

zulu2401

Squire
you realize that after moving the server to another host (months ago) it became impossible for half Loop guild to play and thats the reason why some of us moved now to a server hosted in NY with steady 100 - 150ms latency right?

previously we had something between 130 - 190ms, not perfect but possible for a mage to play, now I can't even tell you my ping as it changes hourly (sometimes reaching 250ms). I recall that even the chinese were doing pvp and they probably quit for the same reason.
unfortunatelly a guild full of dexxers cannot compete when it comes to raids or even field fights depending on the location.

note that it does not matter for north americans where this server is hosted, they will probably have a maximum of 120ms no matter where the server is located inside the US (as long as their connection is stable), so, instead of trying to reduce US players ping, this shard should care about foreigners if they want them playing here.

I don't mean to be rude but realistic... it is possible that they thought moving to Amazon was a great idea but in my opinion it doesnt work, latency is not steady enough for foreigners and this is not Hybrid, ping matters a lot.
That's the whole purpose of this thread. Most foreigners can't even compete when it comes to mage dueling. Even before the server move hour guild was host to mostly archers because of ping issues. 50% of demise population is still foreginers so if demise host wants people have a better gaming experience they need to fix this issue. It directly affects gameplay for most of you which makes it a severe and high priority issue.

Xionu

Sorceror
That's the whole purpose of this thread. Most foreigners can't even compete when it comes to mage dueling. Even before the server move hour guild was host to mostly archers because of ping issues. 50% of demise population is still foreginers so if demise host wants people have a better gaming experience they need to fix this issue. It directly affects gameplay for most of you which makes it a severe and high priority issue.

If you feel so strongly about it, pay for the server then;)

Mister Pink

Squire
I agree with you guys. Clearly Zulu is the reason this server isn't prospering. It can't be seemingly inactive staff, steam/heavy scripting being allowed, crappy loot, little risk/reward mechanics that this game is known for, or the issues being discussed in this thread.

The two main things that can kill a server are inactive/corrupt staff and connectivity issues. Demise has mostly dodged the corrupt staff with some exceptions, and my connection speed is fine in the US, but if others say it's an issue I think it's serious enough to be brought up on forums, as the reason for the post.

Could Zulu be more tactful with his posts? Sure I'll give you that, but that doesn't make his points invalid in the op or make him the cause of population stagnation. I know plenty of new players he has helped with suits and items in hopes they would stay on this server.

Last edited:

Mister Pink

Squire
You forget to mention the people who zulu is guilded with that eventually quit cause they cant stand his constant shit talk to his own guild mates.

Nah, I've been in a guild with Zulu off and on for three years now. He has his moments, but I've never seen him bully anyone to the point of them quitting the game. If anything they just quit the guild or join a rival guild.

Loler

Page
Ive been here 9 months and have had people send me screenies of his guild chats ive already seen him make people go inactive cause they dont want to play with him.

zulu2401

Squire
Ive been here 9 months and have had people send me screenies of his guild chats ive already seen him make people go inactive cause they dont want to play with him.
If they can't take a joke fuck em. These people most likely have vaginas because they only time I get in someone's ass is when they do stupid shit or won't do the things the guild leaders have asked. Simple shit mostly like cartog, mumble, compassion, fuckin bonded mounts etc. Other than that, no I don't rage and I don't bitch at people for no reason. People like starlito think I killed their grandma cuz he can't handle a little shit talking. Oh fuckin well, cry me a river and drown yourself in it. You're a fuckin tool loler if you actually think I've caused people to go inactive. I joined fear recently and gave them 100kk in items to help them get started in hopes that we might get more pvp. Some one other than 13 hz retards who lose a rikky to 6 fear maybe? Shut the fuck up 'best mage on the server' duurrrr....if something I type offends you, THEN DONT FUCKIN READ IT.

Loler

Page
You cant and never will offend me. The dribble you smash into the keyboard means nothing to me. I just know other people are a lot more sensitive then me and was explaining what happens when you are allowed to mash your keyboard like a rabid spider monkey. Although I'm pretty sure a rabid spider monkey would probably be more enjoyable to be around then you.