UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Quick Guide to Macros

sunfiregt

Wanderer
Quick Guide to Macros

I was going to add this into the skill guide but it was too long and I had to shorten it, but now it can have its own post, so i hope this helps and Sunfire's Skill Guide can be found here: Teach Me!

A Sunfire Macro Guide!

What is a "macro" you ask? It's a key combination that has been defined in Ultima Online that will "trigger" a command or series of commands. Some of UO's commands can ONLY be triggered by a macro (such as "bow" and "salute"), so you really need to learn how to create them. Fortunately creating macros is easy and I want to show you just how easy!

Okay lets start on where to find the Macro option.
First go to Options in your paperdoll!
Look at the bottom left option and choose the macro one (circly arrow one). It looks like this:
Now you should have a screen that looks like this:

Now, lets do some exploration.
To view the macros predefined with your UO cleint you can use the previous and next buttons. Scroll around and become familiar with the lingo.

One of the most common macros is the "Use Skill, Last Target" macros so i will walk you through on how to make it.

1. Click Add.
2. Now you will choose a button you want to be your "hot key" or the key that you want use to execute the macro. Lets choose F12 for this one.
3. Go under the word keystroke and click the blank space, then hit the F12 key. it will show F12 in the blank.
4. Go down to actions and click the blank. A menu will pop up so keep the mouse button held down while you scroll.
5. Scroll down until you find "Use Skill"
6. A blank will pop up beside Use Skill, so click on that blank and scroll down until you find the desired skill. Lets say Anatomy this time.
7. Now go into the blank under Use Skill and Scroll down until you find "Last Target"
8. Hit apply.

Now use the Anatomy skill on someone, and hit F12 and it will automatically use Anatomy and target the person!!

Some fun Macros to play around with are:
Last Skill - Uses your last used skill
Use Skill - Uses a specified skill
Cast Spell - casts a specified spell
Last Spell -Casts your last used spell
Last Object - Uses the last object you used
Last Target - uses the last target you targeted
Target Self -Targets yourself
Target Next - Makes another Target so you can click something else
Attack Last - attacks your last targeted thing
Equip Last Weapon - equips the last weapon you held
Disarm/Arm - Removes the weapon from your hand, then once clicked again puts it back in your hand

Most of the other options are for visual game play and don't effect skills much, so i will let you play around with them!

Hope this helps!!