UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Rank these 3 wars

crikey

Sorceror
Was talking about this earlier...wondering what the 3 people here on foruns think :)

Fighting for USA, which of these 3 wars would suck the most to be in, and which would suck the least?

A) Revolutionary war: line up face to face against the British, using low accuracy muskets n bayonet charges. What fun.
B) Civil war: Pretty much the same, but against more accurate weapons. Fighting your own damn countrymen....
C) World war 1: live in a rat infested trench. Charge the enemy in open fields against machine gun fire and artillery, poison gas attacks. At least youd have better medical care and meals then the other 2 choices

List from most suck, to least suck

Looking forward to Battlefield 1: bout damn time someone made a game like this. Fuck future warfare

susejmaster

Traveler
way I see it, world war 1 was over seas so fuck that, civil war meh needed to happen but we rekt ourselves, and the revolution would have been the best cuz fuck those tea drinkin brits!

worst civil
middle revolutionary
best ww1

trench warfare sucked but it sure beat standing in a line taking turns like some faggot turn based rpg game

And most deaths in civil/revolutionary war were from infection and lack of aid, imagine your leg being amputated and knowing youre prolly still gonna die within 2 weeks.

crikey

Sorceror
The way I see it, world war 1 wud be least suck. Being on the front would be dangerous as fuck, but soldiers werent up front all the time. They rotated quite a bit. one of us would probably only be up front a few days or a week out of a month Id guess. Being a German would be much worse, as they couldnt spare the men in the end.
The medical issues illum mentioned are another big reason this would be least suck.

Revolutinary vs civil is a tough one....

lets take the Revolutonary war....
imagine its wintertime. The French havent given aid yet. You live in the woods feasting on tree bark and weeds. Ammunition and gunpowder is scarce. You and your men are untrained. The British have basiically every worthwhile indian tribe helpiing them. In battle, you line up 100 yards from the well trained enemy and can only fire once or twice a minute. British calvary dragoons charge and start hacking it up with sabers. Brutal bayonet fighting erupts. If you are wounded, kiss your limb goodbye. The only anesthetic you get is booze, or nothing XD
fuck that lol. Luckily, the Brits that were here were the shit ones. The best troops were defending England who was getting ganked by France and Spain.
Also consider, the British at best had maybe 30-40k soldiers over here fighting. In Gettysburg alone, each side lost 20k+...thats WAY more deadly then probaby the top 10 Revolutionary battles combined Id bet

Civil war just had more soldiers, more deadly weapons, using the same SHIT tactics from before. I mean look at Picketts charge. Good god there were some dumb commanders. I'd rather take my chances and fight in the entire Revolutionary war for years, then take my chances participating in Picketts charge

So that said...
Civil war- most suck
Revolutionary war- middle
World war 1 - least suck

That said, ALL of these sucked. Its amazing thinking of the courage it took to live these events out! I'm glad our country and the military has become so powerful that the men and women in service don't have to risk their lives so needlessly, and fooliishly. Im sure if thrown into the past, they would perform just as valiantly

God bless the dead and the living

just finished watching "american sniper" for the first time. Watching that makes you feel all patriotic and shit XD. That Chris Kyle man.....he was fucking awesome

crikey

Sorceror
^Writing that post, in the beginning I was torn between Revolutionary and Civil. After really thinking about it and writing, it got pretty clear at the end lol....

No contest between the two