UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Razor Hotkeys: An Intermediate Player's Guide

Dominion

Sorceror
Re: Razor Hotkeys: An Intermediate Player's Guide

Ghost Knight;1199101 said:
Thanks...the part below could use some work...been using them since 97 though...it would be hard for me to change. I have a logitech g11 gaming keyboard now...may move some stuff over to the g keys. lol

F5 - paralyze
F6 - ebolt
F7 - flamestrike
F8 - explosion
F9 - recall
F10 - teleport
F11 - wall of stone
F12 - invisibility

I had one of these but couldn't stand the extra 6 inches on the left of the keyboard :p

Work well for you? I could never find good uses for those keys :p

Dominion;1328341 said:
I had one of these but couldn't stand the extra 6 inches on the left of the keyboard :p

Work well for you? I could never find good uses for those keys :p

yeah those types of hotkeys don't work for me. my opinion is that it is good to keep the majority of your most-used hotkeys on the left side of your keyboard and not have to reach over to press what you're looking for.

Dominion

Sorceror

I always had trouble going back and forth from my laptop to my desktop. Also going back to typing sometimes was trouble :p

Dominion

Sorceror

Question about this, do you use the razor macro for Cast -> Wait -> Last target or do you use UO client? I know there isn't an option for this in Razor and last I recorded a macro and bound it, it seemed to have a serious delay to it.

Dominion;1331158 said:
Question about this, do you use the razor macro for Cast -> Wait -> Last target or do you use UO client? I know there isn't an option for this in Razor and last I recorded a macro and bound it, it seemed to have a serious delay to it.

yes, i use razor. cast, wait for target, execute last target. its important to not become overly dependent on macros like these and only use them for certain occasions. be sure u have a key bound to 'stop macro'.

Dominion

Sorceror

Ah I don't think I could set that many hotkeys :p I pretty much rely on picking targets myself. Maybe I'm old fashioned and that's why I die :p

monkieman690

Wanderer

Use your status bar on top of your screen. I have mine set so anything I commonly use, including scrolls and potions, are all set with counters. You can put your Health, Stamina, and Mana up there.

Having so many keys can also be complicated. This is why I always have tiles on my desktop. It may be old fashioned, but has definitely saved my life on more than one occasion when my left hand was wandered off my keyboard for something.

Just have a universal hotkey for last target, target self, etc. I like to click with my mouse and use the key. Mouse for timing, key for when I'm running.

Also, a cool tip for running: Hold down your right click button, then left click. Release your right click button. You're now running without clicking. All you have to do is move your mouse.

A

Azaazel-hybrid

Ghost Knight;1191870 said:
I can't believe people would use such difficult macros...all of my main spell macros are on tilda(~), 1-6, and F1-F4.

~ - bandage
1 - curse
2 - mindblast
3 - poison
4 - fireball
5 - lightning
6 - magic arrow

alt~- arm/disarm
alt1 - refresh potion
alt2 - cure potion
alt3 - heal potion
alt4 - agility potion
alt5 - strength potion
(notice the order of the first three potions...hit alt1,2,3 on the run and you're good to go)

F1 - bless
F2 - cure
F3 - heal
F4 - greater heal
F5 - paralyze
F6 - ebolt
F7 - flamestrike
F8 - explosion
F9 - recall
F10 - teleport
F11 - wall of stone
F12 - invisibility

mousewheel up - last target
mousewheel down - target self

Any other spells that I use like magic reflect, dispel, meteor storm, etc are on my desktop.

Wierd our hotkey set up is almost identical. Strange seeing someone else using tilde to heal. I actually use tilde to heal on my toons with healing and tilde to med for my mages.

im trying, but for some reason last target doesn't work

I try something like
use skill anatomy, and target myself

then i cast something like , lesser heal, and execute my last target key (alt + mousewheel down) and it says, target is out of range, cannot execute last target.

wtf is this shit?
Also does the same thing when i SET myself to last target, and do the same thing. still get the same error. Smart last target is enabled, so is last target que, ive tried disabling them too, still same bullshit. sometimes it says, this target cannot target ground. cannot execute

whats the friggin problem? i want to PVP!

monkieman690;1341603 said:
Use your status bar on top of your screen. I have mine set so anything I commonly use, including scrolls and potions, are all set with counters. You can put your Health, Stamina, and Mana up there.

I play fullscreen because it is brighter than window screen. How can you stand the dark display while using the status bar? How do I increase the brightness/gamma?????

KillaT

Wanderer

xDegenerate;1198719 said:
did i read that right? mind blast removes magic reflection? what about a 15 circle magery/inscription reflection?

Umm. I haven't played in a while. About 5 years in fact. How does magic reflection work here? A marrow was all I needed to remove mref last i played ;p

KillaT;1486124 said:
Umm. I haven't played in a while. About 5 years in fact. How does magic reflection work here? A marrow was all I needed to remove mref last i played ;p

Wrong thread. And yes, I play in window mode so i can see my status bar. It takes some getting used to, but it's worth it.

How can you set a two line hotkey with razor? The Pass to UO feature isn't working, did you set most of your macros with UO? And if you did, is there any way to transfer them over to new accounts?

Thanks.

Rikomi-hybrid;1523673 said:
How can you set a two line hotkey with razor? The Pass to UO feature isn't working, did you set most of your macros with UO? And if you did, is there any way to transfer them over to new accounts?

Thanks.

Which hotkey do you mean? I set most of my macros with razor, and that, I believe is the only way to transfer them over unless there is a hotkey file within the UO directory somewhere. I have n o idea.

I just realize that you hotkey an actual macro to get more then one line, thanks anyways.

Rhaedryn

Wanderer

I would love to see more hotkey templates. Anybody else care to share theirs?

nayee

Wanderer

Doctor Jones;1060279 said:
I play a stun thief. 1. Open paperdoll. 2. Set weapon as last target. 3. Activate disarm. 4. Queue up steal. 5. Hit last target. Quick and easy: double click opponent, f3, click, f1, f2, 2 = a brand new vanquishing war hammer for my alchy dexer Or:

you cant steal war hammers :(

great guide though, my binds were all added in order of which the spells were acquired.. I've played with them for 8 years now, and I'm FINALLY getting around to changing them.