UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Resisting Spells, How much difference does it make?

Mara

Knight
Re: Resisting Spells, How much difference does it make?

Man, nobody gives up I guess.

Well, here is more data:

GM Mage GM Eval vs 0 Resist (10 Flamestrikes, 0 Casts Resisted)

47/44/47/43/43/43/50/43/44/43 - Avg: 44.7

GM Mage GM Eval vs GM Resist (10 FLamestrikes, 1 Cast was resisted)

38/39/41/35/36/39/38/21/42/37 = Avg: 36.6

Avg Damage Difference: 8.1 Dmg = 22.1% higher than vs GM resist. This even includes the 1 resisted spells damage, which you certainly cannot count on happening in combat.

GM Mage GM Eval vs 0 Resist (20 Mana Drains, 0 worked). Not a single mana drain worked in 20 attempts. I think it is safe to take your chances.

I also play Nox Mages almost exclusively though I am finding it difficult to avoid my temptation to switch to a stun mage. In the past I have had a very easy time getting people killed simply by running up to them and dropping a explosion stun earthquake pot combo, and it is really just too easy to gank people with it. But I can tell you, even when I poison people 100% of the time with either greater or deadly poison, people still cure it almost instantly in field PVP. Bottom line is you would be foolish to duel with 0 Resist inside a tiny little duel box where you can get harm spammed, but when it comes to field PVP things are very different. If you are willing to think outside the box, and try templates that people don't normally see, you will kill people that don't usually die. A full scribe lumberjack is another fine example. If played right, one spell dropped on this template that shouldnt have been, and the battle is potentially over. Half the time, the mage is concussion blowed and in trouble by the point you have lost your reflect. In one minute, guess what, put the reflect back up and you are virutally invulnerable for a while again.

If you play templates that everyone else does, you will get owned by the people that know what they are doing regardless. The people that are great at this game already know how to crush every common template there is.