UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

RFC: Reds and Towns

What do think about the following suggested changes?

• I like it

Votes: 355 38.6%
  • I hate it

Votes: 340 37.0%
  • I like some of it

Votes: 166 18.0%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 59 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trever

Wanderer
Re: RFC: Reds and Towns

and another one goes, and another one goes,
and another bites the dust!

^ product of boredom ;)

seriously.... i'm tired of reds going around murder/death/kill via abusing game mechanics.

exp/recall FTL townspeople >_<

dalgor_

Squire

imo bucs should be the place for reds, other towns for the blues. It's f**ked up having reds in towns *spits*

Trever

Wanderer

dalgor_;1764511 said:
imo bucs should be the place for reds, other towns for the blues. It's f**ked up having reds in towns *spits*

indeed, so far the opposing arguement is that blues will simply wait-n-gank in buc's den. why not add "red guards"? in buc's (and maybe Ocollo) a red shouts guards and pirates (or some other villan, i just like pirates =p ) come about of no where and kill the offending blue. would be funny to see =p

it still doesn't fix the exp/recall crap though >_<
that has GOT to go!

Daenerys1

Wanderer

When I first started on Hybrid (not too long ago) I thought it was kinda cool that reds could go into towns. Now I'm constantly killed by groups of reds who Explode and run. This is not while macroing, this is while walking around town. I'm all for open PvP. That's why I quit WoW and came back to UO, but this allowing reds in town just causes grief killings. I love the rush that comes with going out of town and fighting or running from murderers, even if I die. I get back up and try again. But when reds just waltz up and Vas Ort Flam x4 and hop in a gate, it's not so fun. This may sound childish, but I think I'm done with Hybrid for awhile.

Syn-Tax

Wanderer

Daenerys1;1766047 said:
When I first started on Hybrid (not too long ago) I thought it was kinda cool that reds could go into towns. Now I'm constantly killed by groups of reds who Explode and run. This is not while macroing, this is while walking around town. I'm all for open PvP. That's why I quit WoW and came back to UO, but this allowing reds in town just causes grief killings. I love the rush that comes with going out of town and fighting or running from murderers, even if I die. I get back up and try again. But when reds just waltz up and Vas Ort Flam x4 and hop in a gate, it's not so fun. This may sound childish, but I think I'm done with Hybrid for awhile.

Load g heal, wait for drop, target self. Problem solved

PS: thats a lame reason to quit.

Trever

Wanderer

SynTax of Old;1767137 said:
Load g heal, wait for drop, target self. Problem solved

PS: thats a lame reason to quit.

your assuming that he survived the drop, that he had magic resistance high enough, or that he even had magic to heal himself.

as it stands, i believe he said he came back, as in started anew. meaning he was not in a good position to defend from 4 GM mages using flame strike.
Now, with that established, we can assuming he was macroing in town simply because he had no money for a home.
and since the reds can kill him in town (presumibly the "safe zone") he can't gain the strength needed to defend himself, or even kill mobs to gain fiscal means.
with no fiscal means, he can't gain reagents, with no reagents he can't cast magic, since he can't cast magic, he can't gain skill in magic.
AND, since he can't gain in magic, he can't even cast greater heal which i believe your arguement centers around.
so tell me, how does he survive that death squad again?

Daenerys1

Wanderer

Actually, the reason I couldn't cast Greater Heal on myself is because I'm playing a template that does not use magery. (gasp!) Bandages don't work fast enough to stop 4 explosions at once. I was not macroing when this happened. I was inside the bank trying to get out, but they gated into the doorway so I could not escape. It is insane to suggest that I play a different template to work with this exploit. It should be fixed. I can't see any other way to do that than not letting reds into town. The alternative would be changing the way Explosion works, and that would be a greater blow to PvP than removing reds from town. If the powers that be know of another way, that would work for me. Also, I said I'm done with Hybrid for awhile, not quitting. I'm trying out Demise and Divinity.

Sinist3r

Wanderer

they should be allowed in guarded zones, but how about, i don't know if you could script it to where, as soon as someone targets you with an explode they are flagged as attacking you..

That would solve that problem, because if you saw them load up you just spam your guards macro, maybe you'd still die from the exp dropping on you, but at least them fools died too. I'll have to agree that little tactic is pretty ghey, Daenerys.

Trever

Wanderer

Sinist3r;1770465 said:
they should be allowed in guarded zones, but how about, i don't know if you could script it to where, as soon as someone targets you with an explode they are flagged as attacking you..

That would solve that problem, because if you saw them load up you just spam your guards macro, maybe you'd still die from the exp dropping on you, but at least them fools died too. I'll have to agree that little tactic is pretty ghey, Daenerys.

people already suicide exp bomb people with a single scroll or a handful or reds. This isn't different at all! The whole reason they only take a single scroll or a few regs is because they know they are DEAD ANYWAYS. straight up "guards" on sight is really the only stopper to this problem.

dinanm3atl

Wanderer

Well my cousin got killed by the explosion 'fun tactic' while the game logged off.

It really is lame.

Why not reds get one town. Free for all with a bank. Having to worry about logging off at the front of Vesper bank is kind of a stretch.

Azural Kane

Wanderer

dinanm3atl;1776645 said:
Well my cousin got killed by the explosion 'fun tactic' while the game logged off.

It really is lame.

Why not reds get one town. Free for all with a bank. Having to worry about logging off at the front of Vesper bank is kind of a stretch.

If your cousin didn't go to an inn to logoff and just decided to abandon his character at the bank, it's nobody's fault but his own...

MakeDemTap

Wanderer

Reds shouldnt be allowed in towns even with a grace period. Ive only just started this shard and Ive noticed the reds are babied too much and just makes for baby reds. Not all of you are babies so dont get your panties in a wad. Without reds having negatives for being red i.e. stat loss, instant guard whack, etc. there is no reason not to go red. Any newbie with enough magery to do poison can kill macroers in town. Which i see alot. If youre new and have no money for a house town is the only place to macro. Shouldnt have to worry bout naked reds ganking your precious resources. When i played on lake back in the day there was a certain prestige and notariety to bein a pk. they werent rez killing dicks like the ones on this server. They killed mules or newbies they only took what they could sell or use and left other stuff, they almost always would rez you and gate somewhere. Rez killing and trap setting pks are just the lowest form of jollies. Idiotic ganglike mentalities that give real life weaklings their kicks and sense of power. enjoy it ladies

THAT WOULD MAKE HYBIRD SOOOO CRAPPPY..... Dont do that, If people die to reds in town thats there fault go be a dumb trammie and go afk, When u know you could be killed.

Trever

Wanderer

Chamilli0nAir3;1781588 said:
THAT WOULD MAKE HYBIRD SOOOO CRAPPPY..... Dont do that, If people die to reds in town thats there fault go be a dumb trammie and go afk, When u know you could be killed.

what about the people NOT afk who die to these squads? what about miners and such that can't mine ore because some red dances just in and out of guard range with nukes and spells?

and what about the explosion/recallers or the flame strike suicide teams who kill people in town over and over due to horrible game mechanics, mechanics we CAN fix btw.

what about those guys?

How about a big tear for all the whiners, :e cry

The game is balanced the way it is. If you macro in town, do so that you pull 1 reagent for each spell out at a time. Then they wont get anything if you happen to die.

If a red attacks you as it is, you can guardwhack them. Fair enough.. Plus when a red rolls in to town usually its the blues ganging up on him to attack...

There is a reason why we are not OSI. We segregated from that.. Much like Americans became americans by segregating from England.. We owe it to our forefathers, to not do the same game-ruining thing as that OSI shard... We do not want another trammel!

It would be osi, totally! And as for the poor innocent folks logging out at a bank, how stupid of you.. I log at inn or house each time, unless i dont care if i die.. Do yourselves a favor and bank the vanq too, and Dont ban reds from towns.. You will be focusing the theives on the blues more, if you dont have reds for them to steal from!

Really, its quitting time as soon as reds cant come into town! And generally my red never does! (cept d'gate) lol. And we will find other ways to kill that player off who has teh item in his sack we want... dont think it will fix the 'problem' of 'too many puppies'

Attachments

• Bowley_1.jpg
    Bowley_1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 52

Ankoku15

Sorceror

Global pilcher;1785887 said:
How about a big tear for all the whiners, :e cry

The game is balanced the way it is. If you macro in town, do so that you pull 1 reagent for each spell out at a time. Then they wont get anything if you happen to die.

If a red attacks you as it is, you can guardwhack them. Fair enough.. Plus when a red rolls in to town usually its the blues ganging up on him to attack...

There is a reason why we are not OSI. We segregated from that.. Much like Americans became americans by segregating from England.. We owe it to our forefathers, to not do the same game-ruining thing as that OSI shard... We do not want another trammel!

It would be osi, totally! And as for the poor innocent folks logging out at a bank, how stupid of you.. I log at inn or house each time, unless i dont care if i die.. Do yourselves a favor and bank the vanq too, and Dont ban reds from towns.. You will be focusing the theives on the blues more, if you dont have reds for them to steal from!

Really, its quitting time as soon as reds cant come into town! And generally my red never does! (cept d'gate) lol. And we will find other ways to kill that player off who has teh item in his sack we want... dont think it will fix the 'problem' of 'too many puppies'

How about if you just so happen to be passing by and a group of reds exp gate kills you just so they can lead your beetle out of town from inside of moonglow bank?

no loot was taken and the beetle was just led away to boat/grief without that char having ever done anything to be at fault for this

your idea of "fun" hurts the shard, helps no one get anything at all, and likely makes many people stop playing

if you want loot in towns make a theif like the rest of us do rather then exploit the game mechanics

and no, you can't just guard-whack them there is another exploit involving explosion that prevents you from whacking them, for this reason I support the anti-red in guard zones change and actually think there should only be a 3 or 4 sec grace period, so they can't exp then run away

its not pvp... its not looting... its just lame senseless griefing

MakeDemTap

Wanderer

allow reds to be in town but change the mechanics so reds or blues cant attack an innocent in town. give them a message sayin they cant attack an innocent everytime they try and this will all stop and reds can still come in town and us newbs will stop cryin

Adar

Sorceror

Let them bank in Bucs Den and Ocollo. That way the reds will have to stop fighting each other and actually do what they made themselves to do, to PK the blues. In my old days, reds didn't kill other reds (unless faction of course). And you'd be surprised how many idiot blues will go to the Bucs Den gate.

Smo

Sorceror

Adar;1790822 said:
Let them bank in Bucs Den and Ocollo. That way the reds will have to stop fighting each other and actually do what they made themselves to do, to PK the blues. In my old days, reds didn't kill other reds (unless faction of course). And you'd be surprised how many idiot blues will go to the Bucs Den gate.

QFT

This will once again, further see the death of PKing in this shard...

Every update seems to make something worse, instead of fixing something that isnt broken.

Reds just cant walk in and kill people without getting gwacked, so blues are safe....
DONT FIX SOMETHING THAT ANIT BROKEN

Status
Not open for further replies.