UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

RFC: Reds and Towns

What do think about the following suggested changes?

• I like it

Votes: 355 38.6%
  • I hate it

Votes: 340 37.0%
  • I like some of it

Votes: 166 18.0%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 59 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vek

Sorceror
Re: RFC: Reds and Towns

I don't see what this fixes. Because of the grace-period it doesn't fix town killing. The only place id see fit for this sort of action is for blues to get out of a fight with a red whether they're flagged to that red or not the red remains guardwackable. Plus reds occasionally need to cut through towns to get to places they need to go. For instance i run the savage rp guild [VcS] and if there is no mages on to gate us to the rp islands we have to walk through the city of cove to the rp portal and this walk especially on foot will take longer than 15 seconds. But as far as moon-gates go i believe those should be unguarded. It guard zone that surrounds the gates is kind of anti-pvp and this rule along with guard zones in general only favors one group of people. UO was meant to be a world with infinite possibilities one of the biggest parts about was the PK aspect, if you take out reds and basically make one bit Trammel server then it take A-LOT of fun out of the game. This is my opinion thank you for your time :)

Oh! Something i left out:

Red factioners, you would just be rendered completely useless if you were a red factioner. If COM or True Brits were holding the Sigils you would have no way of really helping in the return of them. Also you couldn't do faction fights in town. Plus you can just forget about using factioner vendors i know id call guards on you if i saw you buying from faction vendors, you'd drop some pretty FAT loot.

- Judas -

Sorceror

No, any changes should be in the opposite direction. Everything is too protected the way it is. Should be more hardcore not less. Unbless some stuff maybe bring back house looting even. I like that reds can enter town, i personally dont pk much tho.

I dont see a problem with reds killing ppl in town. Stop going afk at brit so much, have magic reflect up etc.... Cant u guys laugh off anything in this game?? u get back and ur chars dead, big deal. Already have way too much protection on this shard. Its so easy to make money build chars etc. How much easier/less risky is it gonna get?

WK-TG

Wanderer

dinanm3atl;1776645 said:
Well my cousin got killed by the explosion 'fun tactic' while the game logged off.

It really is lame.

Why not reds get one town. Free for all with a bank. Having to worry about logging off at the front of Vesper bank is kind of a stretch.

There is an INN in all towns use them or youre house

WeaKenD84

Wanderer

If this shard get anything more like OSI i know for a fact half the players would find a dif shard.

i think this version is the best thing since Utlima Online pre/beta " Dread Days".

*if this shard does put this rule in effect i feel the next step is Trammel, which is all together a big SAD FACE

serenityuo

Sorceror

horrible idea. leave it as it was back in the day.

LEAVE IT THE WAY IT WAS!

OLDSCHOOL!

XD

nuff said.

Trevor

Knight

WeaKenD84;1805219 said:
If this shard get anything more like OSI i know for a fact half the players would find a dif shard.

i think this version is the best thing since Utlima Online pre/beta " Dread Days".

*if this shard does put this rule in effect i feel the next step is Trammel, which is all together a big SAD FACE

No one quit's hybrid. Its like heroin! you may say you will quit but you always find your way back.

Sammich

Wanderer

reds are fighting at a disadvantage in town already, besides gate in flamestrike scroll grief, I dont see what the problem is. There are plenty of willing blues to fight back.

Ganks

Wanderer

I think this idea has the same reasoning that originally spawned trammel.

On the other hand being red is supposed to be about being a murderer and an outlaw. You aren't supposed to just go wherever without the NPCs reacting to it somehow.

I would support this if the guard system was replaced with a better guard system that did not instant kill but could handle most things. You would just turn off the guards and script up some new ones. Shouldn't be too hard for the UOG team.

Adar

Sorceror

You know, I voted earlier for a 15 second grace period. But now, Im thinking ban them all. Theres a cetain player (refrains from naming them) who continually gates a red into town just to Flame strike noobies. Also, This individual has done this and has been immune to guard whacking. Maybe theres an exploit out there that I am not aware of. But this shit is getting out of hand. I am personally think that if you have to cheat, you should be banned, permanantly. This is Old school UO, and its brutal. I can handle being chased/ganked by reds doing Ogre Lords or Titans. I can handle getting my house camped. I can even handle reds in towns. But when this shit gets exploited (and it is an exploitation) then Hybrid need to do somethign about it.

Ganks

Wanderer

Sounds good to me. Honestly if you have time to pk in town then it shouldn't be that big of a deal for you to keep making fresh blue townkiller characters. It's so easy and mindless that I don't see how any true badass PKer can possibly argue against this with reason. At least put some effort into it.

Vek

Sorceror

Fyi if this is to fix town killing, it wont work. They can get gated in and flamestrike their victim way before they are whacked. My suggestion would be: If a criminal murder is committed within town the person should be "jailed" for around 5-10 minutes. By jailing i do not mean the server jail rooms used for people who break rules, i meen like an actually jail, with a warden and all. This warden would come equipped with an option to pay bail for like 5k-10k. This system is currently in place on a friends server of mine and its extremely effective and quite fun tbh.

Or my other suggestion:

An executioner, for anyone who commits a criminal murder or assists will be sent to a jail cell then soon teleported to the executioner who will then proceed to killing them, after they are dead they will be teleported outside the executioners area dead (pets will follow, bodies will be deleted).

co co

Page

FS runs suck i know but it hasent happened to me alot and when it does... idc i keep soem pots some regs never anythign special on me its part of the game. as for dexer town killing simple fix each player before u go afk set a macro useing condictionals and have it so when ehalth reaches 95 say guards and drink cure/heal pot and or cure /heal. run that macro when afk and u wont get killed so easly. it's always fun to run in town on a red and fight around dont take that away L:<

Ticizzle

Wanderer

u can't go anywhere with a red without getting ganked 8000 v 1. there is no need to furher hinder reds.

Ryeke

Wanderer

Heck man im sorry i voted for I Hate It... I reccommend that reds actually have a chance not saying take away the whole idea... Just the instant kill. What would happen if you made the guards take say 50 damage a hit. But hit once every 1.5 seconds or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.