UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

RFC: Reds and Towns

What do think about the following suggested changes?

• I like it

Votes: 355 38.6%
  • I hate it

Votes: 340 37.0%
  • I like some of it

Votes: 166 18.0%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 59 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdredge

Wanderer
Re: RFC: Reds and Towns

I say bring back the guards, the reds can have Buccs and we can all have a good ole time fighting them there again.

jdredge

Wanderer

LKP;1586953 said:
I do like the grace period if you're going to do it at all, but why change it? I like being able to go to town on my red.

EDIT: For the record, whenever someone starts a statement with "DO NOT PANIC," it's usually time to start panicking.

you like going to town on your red...then im sure u generally run back out of it...with this you can still come to the edge :p (which is where most blue vs reds clashes happen anyway

-Balir-

Wanderer

Don't really mind, either way, but really, everyone who has a red has a blue, so it's not like you couldn't get into town if you wanted too. It's nice being able to follow a blue into town if he attacks you first and then tries to flee, just as when people purposely flag grey to incite an attack.

Don't really see how banning reds from town would change much, apart from that it makes for aggrivating guard whacks when you accidently step over the sometimes confusing guard zones.

I mean, you don't see that many Reds in town anyway, cos if you step into town on your red, you're sort've asking for a fight, and is that such a bad thing? If you're blue, and you don't want a fight, just don't attack the red.. It's that simple.

The reds you see in town don't need to affect you if you don't attack them. If you want a fight, then you can attack them, but be prepared to see out the fight, or have good evasion skills ;)

My Two English Pennies.

Peace, Kapow!

Wow you guys are askin for a lot of people to quit playing this game. Its ok to scam here, but reds cant come in towns? BASS ACKWARDS

Narcissist

Sorceror

I voted on option E) Create Trammel. So the trammies (Tamers, Mules, Traders) can do their business and not get killed and the people who are looking for a fight can go to Felucca. I can't believe there isn't one server with Felucca AND Trammel. If this can't happen, then these changes seem fine because there's nothing wrong with reds hanging out at Bucs Den. And did someone say there aren't enough murderers? I'm sorry but in the afternoon/evening you can't run between town and moongate without getting para ganked by 2-3 pk's, not to mention any decent spawn sites.

I don't like no reds in town but I think any criminal action should be instakill. As someone mentioned, you can gate in 3 naked pk's and all cast FS on you, crashing your connection or w/e. Someone was dissing the afkers, and why is that? I'm sorry but not all of us are 12 years old again and have the time to get a 7x char, which is what this server demands.

Last thing is the 15 sec grace period is no good because that's enough time to get 3 reds to combo someone and run out.

maxonuo00

Wanderer

I like the idea of having them partly restricted from towns. I like perhaps particular towns could be red-controlled-free, i.e. Bucs Den. However, perhaps the market towns like Del and Brit should be slightly more *trammel* like.
The reds all over can gang up on anyone almost anywhere. And they always love the popular rune libraries. (sigh) So, if you are on a character that can't do crap to defend themselves if makes the experience often frustrating.

Syn-Tax

Wanderer

First off unequivocally no to ALL changes, if anything I think we should make Town rules more lenient to reds. Red/Blue is the second widest form or pvp people engaged in on a regular basis on this server, other than factions. Changing the rules will only cause more people to move away from pking, and why should they with all the freakin penalties induced on murderers. I mostly only PK now as my form of pvp, but even if I didn't I still wouldn't support these changes. Even if I spent all day of my UO career mining I still think reds should be able to use their bank in ANY town.

Varda Sirith;1655191 said:
If there's one thing I learned from the OSI shards; Start screwing with the criminal element in the game and your shard will become a sanitized piece of garbage with nothing but bank sitting trammelites showing of their uber 133+ gear that had little to no consequence when acquired.

Leave things as they are. If you are worried about getting killed by a red in town don't AFK in full view of everyone or if you're not AFK'ing just yell "GUARDS!". :rolleyes:

I think there is alot of Wisdom in these words. Honestly though doesn't this shard hate reds enough already? I used to be able to use all the banks on my reds.... If your worried about getting killed in town then maybe you shouldn't stand there spamming long enough for someone to chain poison you a hundred times to get your life down. Treat it like a game not an advertising billboard, it requires some attention. The same goes with naked reds getting gated in, just pay attention and throw a g-heal up.

Getting killed somehow afk in town sucks. Yeah it has happened to me I'm sure it has happened to everyone, but instead of whining about how I think the GM's should change the rules to pander to me I get a lil pissed at myself for having gone afk so long and not been paying attention. I just think it adds spice to an increasingly dull shard to see a red run through the bank every once in a while talkin shit.

The name of one of our very own UO Gamers Forums says it all "Trammel: The Downfall Of UO" and that is exactly what I feel the changes will be. Having areas ie: towns that reds can't access at all?, or only for 15 seconds, on penalty of death? Giving any citizen instant red kill by saying "Guards", even when they haven't recently committed a crime? What is more Trammel. Even though its a cliche to hear it doesn't make it less true.

Support Red Rights, Vote Hell Naw.

sqbox

Sorceror

I really didn't care till about this, but after getting killed instantly with 4 char (reds) casting flamestrike while trading... it's become an issue. It's not just afk players you can kill anyone using 4 flamestrikes instantly and people are abusing that part of the rule set.

If your killing other players for loot, then this is the way to go. You got no defense against 4 flame strikes... so why bother spending hours hunting other players in dungeons for 5k-20k loot when you can sit at a bank and scam/kill people for millions.

I'm not sure how banning reds from towns is trammel...that was the original UO ruleset. No reds in town and no skill loss for reds.

maxonuo00

Wanderer

sqbox;1851976 said:
I really didn't care till about this, but after getting killed instantly with 4 char (reds) casting flamestrike while trading... it's become an issue. It's not just afk players you can kill anyone using 4 flamestrikes instantly and people are abusing that part of the rule set.

If your killing other players for loot, then this is the way to go. You got no defense against 4 flame strikes... so why bother spending hours hunting other players in dungeons for 5k-20k loot when you can sit at a bank and scam/kill people for millions.

I'm not sure how banning reds from towns is trammel...that was the original UO ruleset. No reds in town and no skill loss for reds.

I think these are very good points... People are scamming traders a lot in brit and del. I see it daily.

kethered

Wanderer

nothing needs to change as far as reds and towns are concerned. reds are outnumbered by the dozens by all te banksitters(most of which wont dare attack a red), so if a red wants to come around let them. only thing that needs to be changed is wand and pot usage during pvp. shits overexploited. longer timers, complete wipes, i dont care do something though

kethered;1854516 said:
nothing needs to change as far as reds and towns are concerned. reds are outnumbered by the dozens by all te banksitters(most of which wont dare attack a red), so if a red wants to come around let them. only thing that needs to be changed is wand and pot usage during pvp. shits overexploited. longer timers, complete wipes, i dont care do something though

Because everything on this shard is catered to you and your play style, amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.