UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Riding Swipe Special Needs Fixed

hotmunks

Sorceror
Riding swipe dismounts but doesn't put the player on a dismount timer, and if the pet is damaged, they can still mount instantly where riding swipe says the pet must be healed fully before remounting.

Of course not.

Enter some bs about how osi intended this fuckup so they will keep it this way even though two completely different eras and almost different game. Anything fucked up on this server you get the same answer. They would rather follow osi/broadsword down a proven path of failure, then to just balance their own product.

LittleMary

Traveler
Demise is an OSI (up to ML) clone by design.

But I'm pretty sure this needs fixing, as the remount delay is marked as a "TODO" in the RunUO code.
Really ? Im suprised

@Downward Spiral
@a Bad Religion
@hotmunks

As of Publish 21 it's Dismount attack functions in a different way to other weapons. It may only be used while mounted and riding against characters who are also holding a lance. Dismounting in this manner will not inflict fall damage on the opponent.

• The lance's special dismount move may only be used against other players if they are mounted and also wielding a lance.

LittleMary

Traveler
Oh yeah, totaly got confused there. My bad. this pushed me to do a little more research.

What Publish is demise again ?
  • Publish 42 introduced a delay before a character can remount after being dismounted with Riding Swipe.

No clue if that is related. Simply something I noticed from uoguide and figured I would share.

Loler

Page
I dont think there was a delay to remount your ethy.

but if the dismounted target was riding an actual mount it would take damage and couldnt be mounted again until fully healed. However the player who did the riding strike was immediately able to remount.

this is the time line demise is currently on is how i just describe how riding strike should work.

Loler

Page
i think the mount does take damage but doesnt need to be healed to remount, on this server. im reading the publishes and patches from around that time to see if i can find changes to it.