UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Safe zone rules

What to do with the duel pits?

• Option 1 - Restore all safezones including Del Pond

Votes: 80 50.0%
  • Option 2 - Restore all safezones EXCEPT Del Pond

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Option 3 - Leave it the way it is (NO Safezones)

Votes: 27 16.9%
  • Option 4 - New Safezone/Pit system (read below)

Votes: 46 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advent

Wanderer
Safe zone rules

In light of recent events, I feel that this poll is in order...

Option #1 - We completely restore the dueling pit safezones including del pond and just let everyone figure it all out on their own from there

Option #2 - We restore the dueling pits to the way they were last week. (Del pond and a few others remaining unsafe.

Option #3 - We leave the dueling system alone the way it currently is (NO Safezones)

Option #4 - We give my latest idea a shot to try to neutralize AFKers and duel pit interference with field PVP. Here's a copy and paste from the other thread if you have not gotten a chance to see it yet. (Safezones would be in effect)

"I was thinking of completely blocking off all physical exits from the duel arena by removing the steps, and adding line of sight blockers around the perimeter so that people can't just use them for the aspects that I discussed, and then making the only possible way to get out of the duel pits is a few teleporters set up with a keyword and time delay (Probably about five to ten seconds) so that people can't use them to just jump out at people, but putting them back as safe zones, but they would be completely be isolated. Maybe some bankers would be in order for convenience, because the only way out of the duel pits would be use of the public moongate or by recalling.

As far as the AFKers are concerned, I'm sure we could get creative as a way to deal with them. I see jailing them as pointless, because what do they care? They're AFK anyways, which is just gonna be just what they do with their jail sentence. It just takes a creative mind to figure out what to do with them. I'm thinking a [set poison lethal, or simply kicking them out of the pits for the PK's to deal with might be in order. That way, you all could have your duel pits, spectate them, participate w/o getting ganked, and it wouldn't be so much of a temporary trammel. Just a separate aspect of UO that people might find a hard time abusing.

Obviously, the way of entering the duel arenas would be by use of the delucia location from a public moongate, or you could always just start up a duel. "

Anyways, please provide mature feedback, your opinion, and any other constructive opinions.

Advent

LurkN

Sorceror
Re: Concerning the dueling system / Safe zone rules

I voted for your suggestin that is #4.
Seems like a good idea, and in the long run if something does come up that is bad it can be tweaked. as it was there were issues, and now there are issues. i think option 4 would solve the majority of the problems.

btw my vote somehow just got changed to #1...
was meant for 4.

Thanks Advent. I think this really is the best way to find out what is in the interest of the shard. :)

Advent

Wanderer

Pill Puller-GL;1563972 said:
Thanks Advent. I think this really is the best way to find out what is in the interest of the shard. :)

No problem. This was coming, I just want to make sure that we are doing what is in everyones' best interests.

Also how hard would it be to solve the issue with factioneers accumulating points while sitting afk at the safe zone. I am trying to brew up something here that would help but at the same time not hurt the situation (off a pack of budweiser) lol. I am sure there is something can be altered that would not be too difficult yet also correct this situation depending on where the vote goes.

LurkN

Sorceror

Advent;1563961 said:
Maybe some bankers would be in order for convenience, because the only way out of the duel pits would be use of the public moongate or by recalling.

would there be code added so that the people in the duel pit itself dueling would not be able to access the bank while dueling? i do like the idea of a banker being there though.

TonyMerry

Wanderer

#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1#1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1 #1

Thanks buddy, glad you guys are taking opinions from players also. :D

reflex44

Wanderer

How about. restore all safe zones excluding del pond/sandpit... this way people can actually duel, and the faction fights will always be in del...

Also: if one player has their arena preferences set to not duel in sandpit/delpond and the other one doesn't; the players should not ever be sent to sandpit or delpond. just because some newb didnt set his arena preferences doesn't mean i should get ganked by dreamteam for it

mwjster

Sorceror

I like option 4 as a alternitive for 1, but 1 was really the most fun and will help bring dueling back up as well as give people a good place to find field pvp

LurkN

Sorceror

mwjster;1564000 said:
I like option 4 as a alternitive for 1, but 1 was really the most fun and will help bring dueling back up as well as give people a good place to find field pvp

you could still find field pvp with #4, because of the teleporters he is suggestng that will push you out of the pit with a keyword.

Remember the good ol "curse words flag you gray system" ;) That was also pretty sweet. But don't want to side track here. Carry on! "Proceed with the chlorophyll!!" - Adam Sandler :tup:

TheNuthigh

Knight

i voted one
but i think it should be reverse...
sandpit should be unguarded and del pond should be guarded
rest guarded

see how the fights are in sandpit this time in stead of del :)

Advent

Wanderer

The reason for option number 4 is to prevent people from lurking in the pits and just being able to precast without being casted upon first and come out of the pits at their leisure. Sure you would still be able to precast, but if a person was not okay with it, they would have ample time to get away if need be. The main reason for option #4 would be specifically to have dueling be a separate entity from the rest of the shard - you guys would be able to duel in peace without a lot of interference from the other aspects of UO.

mwjster

Sorceror

Advent;1564088 said:
The reason for option number 4 is to prevent people from lurking in the pits and just being able to precast without being casted upon first and come out of the pits at their leisure. Sure you would still be able to precast, but if a person was not okay with it, they would have ample time to get away if need be. The main reason for option #4 would be specifically to have dueling be a separate entity from the rest of the shard - you guys would be able to duel in peace without a lot of interference from the other aspects of UO.

Why dont you make it so people cant cast offensive spells in SZ, or gate or trade or any shannagins at all... i thought that was the way it used to be anyway.

LurkN;1564010 said:
you could still find field pvp with #4, because of the teleporters he is suggestng that will push you out of the pit with a keyword.

I dont see how it will promote field pvp if you can get into the place by saying i wish to duel or hopping spectator gates from anywhere in the world.

I guess what i think is that now when i log on to pvp i usally spend about 10 min recalling around looking for some fights and end up logging off bored and unsatisfied, but when del pond was around i would be able to log on after say putting my kids down for a nap and go pvp at del pond for a hour or so and not have to search everywhere. Everyone says Hybrid is a "PVP" shard well i think option 1 stimulates all pvp aspects by giving a centralized PVP place based on the how it was in the past. Kinda like Yew moongate was on catskills except with dueling pits, instead of house hiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.