UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

sallos crashing when loaded

sallos crashing when loaded

i was playing uo on sallos today and i client crashed. then i tryed to log in and i keep crashing. i was told to reinstall sallos in order to fix it. but i cant figure out how to uninstall sallos. it dose not show up in my add/remove programs list. if anyone has any idea how to delete or uninstall please let me know

Biao

Sorceror
Re: sallos crashing when loaded

I think you just need to remove its directory.
Since when you install it, it just creates a directory nothing more.

ok. i figured out how to deleted it . i deleted uo then sallos. but even after i reinstall it still crashs when i log my my char. think its somthin to do with direct3d

as in patch uo? no i was playing then i crashed and was not able to get in. this is the error i get
System.ApplicationException: Unable to create Direct3D device. ---> System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device..ctor(Int32 adapter, DeviceType deviceType, Control renderWindow, CreateFlags behaviorFlags, PresentParameters[] presentationParameters)
at PlayUO.Engine.InitDX()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at PlayUO.Engine.MainA(String[] Args)
at PlayUO.Engine.Main(String[] args)

Trevor

Knight

E:\...\Local Settings\Application Data\Sallos

delete the config file. This will not get rid of your macros but it will reset your default screen (ie: pulled spells wont be pulled)

Restart sallos and it will make a new config. That does the trick when this happens to me.

seeing as the E drive is my dvd writer... i dont think ill find anything to do with sallos in there

Trevor

Knight

Well e: is like my 3rd hard drive. Should have made that clearer for you its probably your c:

shindig

Sorceror

as in patch uo? no i was playing then i crashed and was not able to get in. this is the error i get
System.ApplicationException: Unable to create Direct3D device. ---> System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device..ctor(Int32 adapter, DeviceType deviceType, Control renderWindow, CreateFlags behaviorFlags, PresentParameters[] presentationParameters)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at PlayUO.Engine.MainA(String[] Args)
at PlayUO.Engine.Main(String[] args)

Wow wtf that's the same error I get today, 2+ years later. What fixed the problem?

I was playing, logged out to grab some food, come back and everytime I select a char and try to login it says it must close and on the details button it displays that message...

directx11, windows 7 64-bit, etc.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Wow wtf that's the same error I get today, 2+ years later. What fixed the problem?

I was playing, logged out to grab some food, come back and everytime I select a char and try to login it says it must close and on the details button it displays that message...

directx11, windows 7 64-bit, etc.
In a similar thread I believe it was Sallos being set to run in full screen, or run in a weird resolution. You can follow Trevor's directions above to restore your Sallos to its default settings. That is:
  • Go to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Sallos\Ultima Online\
    (Entering that in the explorer address bar will automatically take you to the right folder.)
  • Rename or delete 'Configuration.xml'.

shindig

Sorceror
In a similar thread I believe it was Sallos being set to run in full screen, or run in a weird resolution. You can follow Trevor's directions above to restore your Sallos to its default settings. That is:
  • Go to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Sallos\Ultima Online\
    (Entering that in the explorer address bar will automatically take you to the right folder.)
  • Rename or delete 'Configuration.xml'.

OMG I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been almost 2 months since I've been able to use sallos and just this second it works after deleting the config file.......................................................

THANK YOU!