UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Sallos F10 question.

Van Dam

Sorceror
Sallos F10 question.

Im very new to sallos, F10 is my energy bolt macro there is only that one macro assigned to F10 everytime i press it my mouse pointer comes up disrupting gameplay. is there anything i can do to fix this. help plz
. if anyone can help me i will give you 100k aim is obietrice6569 contact or post here

Fr0sty

Lord
Re: Sallos F10 question.

i had the same problem.... i just changed the macro. When I hit F10 outside of sallos it highlights the "File" on the toolbar of whatever window is up. So I'm assuming it has to do with that. I dont know how to change the standard hotkeys though.

^ what he said. Your f10 is being used for a windows hotkey. You'll have to change your sallos hotkey or figure out how to change your windows hotkey.

Overriding windows hotkeys:
Overriding Hotkeys

hoglegs

Sorceror

It can still be used just make sure you are moving.. (I set this key up as my bola macro just because I bola on the run)

I play fullscreen, and F10 doesn't have this effect.

BTW F10 is like hitting alt for most windows.

Here's a fix.. As It got annoying for me too.

Go into regedit...(windows key run>regedit)

Go into Current user> Software> Microsoft> Windows> Current Version> Policies>Explorer(if you don't have an explorer folder, make one(right click, new> key, name it Explorer)

In the Explorer folder make a new DWORD(32bit), name it NoWinKeys

Right click NoWinKeys>change the value to 1 to disable windows hotkeys> change it back to 0 when you want your Windows hotkeys back.

Mara

Knight

Turning Key Passthrough off worked for me when I was messing with it.

Got a better fix for this.. as the one i posted above didn't work for windows7. Download SharpKeys 3.0 it's free from:

RandyRants: SharpKeys 3.0

Download the zip, run the exe, you should get the GUI.

Map this key: f10 >> To this key: Turn off(default)

Works for win7... thank god.. I hate changing my hotkeys.

edit: or use passthrough like Mara said. /facepalm

Mara

Knight

It is an option to allow/disallow hotkeys to pass through to the place where you type your command/speech and apparently the Windows environment.

When it is on, keys that have a hotkey assigned to them, whether it is modified by Ctrl,Shift,Alt or not, will also passthrough to the command/speech area.

When it is off, they don't, and F10, for example doesn't make it to wherever Windows reads it. I forget what Windows is trying to use it for - something to do with the 'File' dropdown menu I think. Keys that have no hotkeys bound to them though, still make it through - which is nice if you don't use your speech keys for hotkeys.

Some other options to dealing with F10 that I am aware of is to play in Fullscreen, Disable Windows Hotkeys through the registry as talked about above, or to install third party Hotkey utilities to deal with it. There are a couple freeware utilities out there, but I didn't like the idea of having to install another program just to use F10.

ahh, ty for the rapid response. what file or program do u open or run to find this setting to change your passthrough. control panel, computer?...

Mara

Knight

In Sallos, just go to the Options button on your paperdoll, and then scroll down a bit to Key Passthrough.

Mara;2024186 said:
In Sallos, just go to the Options button on your paperdoll, and then scroll down a bit to Key Passthrough.

AHH, so thats why i didnt know where, i was all like wtf!?!?! ty again Mara.