UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Sallos fucked up?

LockHeart

Sorceror
Sallos fucked up?

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'PlayUO.Profiles.Config' threw an exception. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at Sallos.XmlPersistanceReader.ReadDocument(PersistableObject root)
at PlayUO.Profiles.Config.Load()
at PlayUO.Profiles.Config..ctor()
at PlayUO.Profiles.Config..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at PlayUO.Profiles.Profile.get_Current()
at PlayUO.Engine.MainA(String[] Args)
at PlayUO.Engine.Main(String[] args)

Whats going on here brah?

LockHeart

Sorceror
Re: Sallos fucked up?

Can anyone help?

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'PlayUO.Profiles.Config' threw an exception. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at Sallos.XmlPersistanceReader.ReadDocument(PersistableObject root)
at PlayUO.Profiles.Config.Load()
at PlayUO.Profiles.Config..ctor()
at PlayUO.Profiles.Config..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at PlayUO.Profiles.Profile.get_Current()
at PlayUO.Engine.MainA(String[] Args)
at PlayUO.Engine.Main(String[] args)

"reinstalled" sallos, still same. All started when I ran a fullscreen NES emulator (no, not a virus) while I had sallos open and it crashed Sallos.

an emulator should never mess it up really. its just a shitty old program.

it looks like its saying you got a corrupt or missing file.

slimeyuda

Wanderer

screw all you sallos having newbs that have to have one button for a 3 spell combo and a pot!

LockHeart

Sorceror

Happened again. I resolved the issue by reformatting previously.

Here's what happened, I restarted my computer by hitting the restart button on the front of PC.

I assume the XML file it reads off of got corrupted, where is it and how do i repair it without reformatting?

Xx-GoD-xX

Knight

try running sallos in administrative, thats what i did fixed the problem for me, and try Runuo forums next time for sallos related issues

kakaka-

Wanderer

oldskooluo;1972804 said:
aye ban sallos and maybe pvp that isnt determined by conn speed will come back

Connection speed has always been the determining factor in online gaming. Welcome to the

technology age.

nolliepoper

Sorceror

Lockhart try moving or deleting your configuration file to another place temporarily to a place like your desktop and try running sallos. If this works it will create a new config file because your old one was not found. (we just moved it because it was corrupted)
Then go ahead and run sallos and if it is working fine then go ahead and delete your old config file that you moved to your desktop.

If you do not even know where your config file is then heres what you need to do.
Go to your windows explorer's options and check SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS.
Go here and you should find 2 files config and macros.
C:\Users\"YourComputersName"\AppData\Local\Sallos\Ultima Online

If your on xp it may be here something like all this.
C\Documents and Settings\"YourComputersName"\AppData\Local\Sallos\Ultima Online
C\Users\"YourComputersName"\AppData\Local\Sallos\Ultima Online

Hope this works.

nolliepoper

Sorceror

I really do not even think the RunUO forums is very active on sallos issues.

So that may be why they created the technical help area right here on the UOG forum.

LockHeart

Sorceror

Ended up having another go at it using nollies method, I REALLY REALLY had to look around for these files, REALLLLY had to look.

Even though I am the only user with my computer i had to go through 2-3 diff user directories (im not using a factory build computer so im not sure why there was so much extra bullshit to dig through). I managed to get it running back on my original user mode with sound comming through speakers.

Unfortunately my macros were lost... again. Is there any way to backup the desktop and my macro file? When I say desktop, I mean how my spell icons and shit are all on the screen.

nolliepoper

Sorceror

Yes backup your macro and config files its very simple.

Just copy and paste them to another folder on your computer.
But if you plan on reformatting your computer you might want to back them up on a usb flash drive or even host them online.

When any of those 2 files have been lost on sallos for any reason just login sallos (to create the defaults) then log out and copy paste and replace those default ones with your backed up files in the proper location.
C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Sallos\Ultima Online
^^ changes from computer to computer =[[