UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Server wipe?

Server wipe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People often get upset when they can't have their points and opinions properly validated. I'm sure you can find some smart individual that will throw a fit over my statement and call me a "faygt newb basement dweller". Question is, would that make you reevaluate yourself?

Yea I'm staring in the mirror right now wondering where I went wrong.
You faygt basement dweller

lucascyb

Sorceror
The logic behind a server wipe doesn't make sense to me, i mean how would you get more players if no one had anything.
People never left hybrid because they were jealous someone has a rare or more fake money... well good god i hope they didn't.

I mean holy fuck im surprised i still play, i can barely stand to work for some place or live somewhere for over a year none the less a mediocre game for 10 years. The trick is to get more players comming but all the fucking ranking websites are corrupt so its not worth it, so we are left with word of mouth. All of us are 30-40 year old dudes i mean for fuck sake could you see us explaining this old looking shit to some kids even our own kids too, shit they would look at us like dinosaurs.

People just get old, have kids, go to jail, and shit like that hopefully not in that order but im sure most of us have.

the best project would be something new, such as UO Revelation with UOG ruleset (of course, no hybrid armor etc).

this would be something new to the whole UO scene, and would for sure pick up if there was dedicated staff into the project

and i have said!

Felipe

puterg33k

Sorceror
People often get upset when they can't have their points and opinions properly validated. I'm sure you can find some smart individual that will throw a fit over my statement and call me a "faygt newb basement dweller". Question is, would that make you reevaluate yourself?
Hahaha

Outkast KBR

Traveler
These post are retarded, no one will come back to this shard if they had everything wiped. We have a bunch of fucking democrats that want a level playing field when they have only played for a year. You bums can use some of that welfare money your already getting to pay for some items. Good Luck with that.

These post are retarded, no one will come back to this shard if they had everything wiped. We have a bunch of fucking democrats that want a level playing field when they have only played for a year. You bums can use some of that welfare money your already getting to pay for some items. Good Luck with that.

173% agree

puterg33k

Sorceror

I think you're wrong, I've been here on and off since the inception of this shard -- it's never been in this bad of shape. How the hell is AnCORP, Renn, and UOF owing this shards population by a landslide? I'm beginning to think I'm not the only one that had been subject to GM abuse here.

KBR in the future, please... bless us all with more of your much needed insight. You've wisdom beyond words, and I'd have to extract from your previous acclaim that you maintain a certain penchant for a proctological parochial bent. Cheers, couldn't have said it in more fatuous terms myself. :rolleyes:

Outkast KBR

Traveler
I think you're wrong, I've been here on and off since the inception of this shard -- it's never been in this bad of shape. How the hell is AnCORP, Renn, and UOF owing this shards population by a landslide? I'm beginning to think I'm not the only one that had been subject to GM abuse here.

KBR in the future, please... bless us all with more of your much needed insight. You've wisdom beyond words, and I'd have to extract from your previous acclaim that you maintain a certain penchant for a proctological parochial bent. Cheers, couldn't have said it in more fatuous terms myself. :rolleyes:

We have all had gm problems but to address your crybaby attitude,

Have you every played an corp? it's a fucking ghost town. Renn??? They might as well sell trammel stones and never look back... UOF? lags like a bitch and has a batshit crazy owner that switches servers every month so he can use his free 30 days. Not to mention hybrid players make up half of forever players.

At least the gm's here are to busy making shit events every night to give a shit about the player base. We like it that way.

As far as KBR goes... I much rather play with any of them then some crybaby bitch.

GG Scrub

Amerigo

Sorceror

+1 .... but minus the bums and democrat name calling.

But honestly, if there was a server wipe I'd probably not be playing anymore.

just wipe cash, resources, duel ranks/factions, and houses. let everyone keep all the donation items including donation houses and chars. boom now everyone has the actually play the game again unless theyre happy with glowing at brit bank with nothing but gay blessed clothing worth jack shit because there is 0 gold to everyones name. suck my balls

D_Loc24

Sorceror
It's gonna take more then just a server wipe to have a decent re-boot of UO Gamer's Hybrid, just saying.... :whistle:. Although if that ever did happen then I'm sure almost 1/2 or so of the pixel hoarding bank sitters would rage quit and then the shard would be even more of a ghost town...:( Would also suck for the peeps who donated tons of $$$$ for there ubber "one of a kind" items/Private Islands etc. To bad we couldn't take it back to the 1997-99 era when UO really meant something, like earning your way to the top instead of "buying" you're way to it.... Never hurts to put in a little work into it ya know, seems ppl are too lazy to actually enjoy the game rather then ruining it even more.... Maybe a new policy in staffing where GM's should be GM's only and not having regular chars in game witch sometimes leads to corruption/disadvantage to players who are not on there friends list? Counselors should be brought back into play.
Community Liaison
Counselors served a crucial function by providing live, in-game assistance to young and newer players. While they could and did explain game mechanics, they also furthered the online community by encouraging young player to participate in community events, join guilds, visit player-run towns and housing areas, etc. In short, Counselors were the initial means to accessing the greater community for many new players.
Customer Service

Current in-game customer service/technical support is provided quite differently than in the past. According to one source published in the Fall of 1997 and during the official U.S. Counselor Program, paging the online Customer Support did not actually place a request for assistance into the Customer Support queue. Instead, your request went into a pre-queue, if you will, that was answered by a player volunteer, or Counselor. If the Counselor was unable to resolve the issue, only then was your request transferred to the official Customer Support queue. 2

Counselors were of limited ability, the following is a listing of their capabilities and restrictions:3, 4

• They could teleport anyone from one place to another, including to jail but only after receiving a GM's permission;
  • They could "telestorm" people who were disruptive either at role playing events or while they were assisting another player;
  • They could appear only to the person that they were assisting or any number of people at their choice;
  • They could create inscribed rings for in-game weddings for players. The rings appeared on the ground where they targeted;
  • They could follow players anywhere they went in the game except into houses;
  • They could tell you roughly where you were if lost;
  • They could help you with general questions about game-play;
  • They could report your problems to [the company];
  • They could transfer you to a GM; but
    • only if you were in the counselor's queue; and
    • only if you were the "call" he or she was summoned for.
  • They could not access any player's server data;
  • They could not stop creatures from attacking;
  • They could not physically stop players from attacking;
  • They could not tell if a server was going up or down; and
  • They could not tell if there was to be a server wipe or not.
In 1999, enhanced Counselors debuted with greater powers and mandatory training.

Volunteers were able to commence at the bottom of the hierarchy and then advance their way upwards when they proved their ability or, later, when positions became available. As they progressed, a counselor was given further commands in order to carry the extra duties that became assigned to them. The further a counselor progressed, the more administrative tasks they were required to carry out.
The Regional Lead Counselor "enhanced powers" included stealth, teleporting to any coordinates within game and to other players,and pulling other players to themselves. This "teleporting then pulling" ability was the method used to put people in jail for inappropriate in game behavior. Due to the significance of some of these powers,and the potential for abuse, the volunteer was not permitted to have any "playable" characters on the same shard (except in one case under special circumstances) which meant that they had to fill out their regional counseling duties via their "counselor character" on a shard different to where they had their in game playing characters. ;)