UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Shard Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shard Changes

This is to post notice about some changes will be implemented that will affect game play issues. We have decided to do this to balance the game play for players who don't macro. So to balance the game play for him we have decided to augment the following.

Players will be limited to one account.
Those of you that are just starting out can have up to six players.
Those of you with more will have your secondary accounts removed automatically. This will occur when the server reboots after SW.

All animals will require skill to keep and bond, they will require the taming skill needed to tame them as well as a minnimum of 81.1 of vet.
Unfortunately the changes can't be applied to existing mounts and pets, so they will all be deleted when the server reboots after SW.

Powerscrolls are being removed from the game.
As a result all skills over 100.0 will be dropped to 100.0.
This will occur automatically when the server restarts after SW.

[SIZE=-1]If you don't want to participate in any of these changes just make sure to type [april 1, 2005 as a command function when you log into the shard.[/SIZE]

pkidds

Wanderer
How will this affect people that have roomates (like me) or spouses?
Can you give us a bit more insight on that command. If I type it lets say my paladin will be able to keep her bettle w/o taming? Does that command affect only the character or the entire account. Unconfuse me! :confused:

cluw

Wanderer
well if powerscrolls are becoming useless, let be be the first to say: buying powerscrolls 5k each before they all get wiped /me coughs

Ronin-demise

Wanderer
Hey Quantos,
Was wondering if you could clear some things up for me.
First off, I'd like to say that I'm not one to macro, not AFK anyway, and I'm not entirely sure how these changes help people like me.
I'm gonna miss powerscrolls....never got one, but it was something to look forward to earning, so what can Fel Champs drop? Just Arties, right?
And this change to the pets...
"All animals will require skill to keep and bond, they will require the taming skill needed to tame them as well as a minnimum of 81.1 of vet.
Unfortunately the changes can't be applied to existing mounts and pets, so they will all be deleted when the server reboots after SW."
This means that you need 81.1 vet skill to tame them only right? Or does that mean to keep them you need high vet as well? I mean, i hope i dont need vet just to ride a horse.
The one account thing, on the other hand, i approve of. I never had time to create any "Bod runners" or anything like that, so this seams to be able to equilize things.

Edit: How/where do we enter cmmands like the [april 1 thing?

huh

Wanderer
this could be a really, really good april fools joke. but if the changes do go in then so be it.

jmaster

Sorceror
i dont see how one acct "equalizes" people, with three accts per ip it "equalized" people to a max of 18 chars per a person. if you didnt make any other chars then just one, thats on you

jmaster

Sorceror
omg.. is it april fools? i forgot. lol :( is this a joke? because honestly if any of them changes go in (esp the acct one) i kno im quitting shard:/ i need my bod chars :/

huh

Wanderer
highlight the bottom of quantos post about using the [april 1 command

scared the crap out of me the first time i read it but i think we will be ok.

jmaster

Sorceror
huh said:
highlight the bottom of quantos post about using the [april 1 command

scared the crap out of me the first time i read it but i think we will be ok.
yeah i saw that after ym first post and quickly edited it :( im to tired no coffee this morning

(Okie...I moved all my stuff to my main house.... and was about to liquidify my other houses and assets....BEFORE I realized this could be a apirl fools' joke...(and I hope it is...))

If it is a April fools joke.....

good one...you fooled me...(hahaha, now I have to unload like 500 items back into my other houses..)

scared the pants off of me...(well, actually, I am wearing boxers..)

Well, it's noon here, April Fools is officially over for me, I hope you guys enjoyed this one :)

I know I am, I'm having a good heartfelt belly laugh over some of the responses that I received.

*Thread Closed Now*

psz

Administrator
You folks be glad I was busy... You'd have thrown a revolt had I done what I wanted ;->

(There's always next year...)

Status
Not open for further replies.