UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Shard Maintanence Completed

M

Mark

Shard Maintanence Completed

.NET 1.1 SP1 was applied to the server and multiprocessor tweaks were set, hopefully alleviating any hard lag you may have experienced in the past few days. Thank you for being patient with us, we try our best for you all.

still fighting those lag spikes though I see.................I feel for you guys.......but that's also the fun part....troubleshooting a problem. I'm sure whoever finds the reason and corrects it first will get a big bonus from Ryan.

drakrum-hybrid

Sorceror
Hmmm

Heya.. just an update for ya just incase you didnt know (which im sure you do).. the server was just back up and I was on it and I was getting hard lag spikes.. 5 - 10 seconds worth. I think that .net 1.1 is a bad move. It seems everytime that it is implemented we get problems.. Ah, well. Keep up the good work by the way. Lovin the shard.

InanimateJ

Wanderer
it's that evil Microshaft .Net bs, I tells ya..

but yeah, the lag's worse than before the .net 1.1 implementation, guys.

M

Mark

The lag spikes are caused when GC initiates a full second generation collection. The situation is better than it was before, but I still must search for a way to either supress this behavior or prevent whatever is causing it from occuring.

Yeah spikes in Australia as well, but this shard is so much fun who cares! :)

Thanks for the effort you guys are putting in!

C

Cricket

ALL FORUMS = CRICKET!

YES!

Everything controlled by me...this is the closest UO Gamers has gotten to a utopia.

~C