UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Should individual stats be capped at 100?

Should individual stats be capped at 100 per?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

illz-hybrid

Wanderer
Re: Should individual stats be capped at 100?

Furota said:
That's why there are orange petals, purple petals, potions, bandaids, and xhealers. Also, don't forget about the fact that for anyone to be truly viable (as "true" dexxers aren't all that great), magery is almost necessary.

yes, magery is necessary. even with 130 strength, healing and potions you will die frequently to mage dumps without magery, because healing takes too long unless you've started it before the dump (gstr, start bandage, then go fight). With magery and no meditation, you can get in a few heals to survive, and then have a chance to fight while the mage recovers some mana. Without the additional hitpoints, there would be trouble. I don't consider petals and xheals a sticking point for lower hitpoints at all -- petals are rare and expensive, and xheals require multiple, coordinated people -- I know one person on this server, I'm solo 99.9% of the time, if when playing a melee char I had to rely on xheals to give me an even playing field against mages, well, I'd never be playing a melee char. I also have a full runebook of player vendor locations; not one of them sells petals.

illz-hybrid

Wanderer

_Choru_ said:
Pub16 was when PvP was at its best (imo) and Pub15 was 100 stat cap.

I play a 110 str char, and it is stupid, with a hero bless and a pruple petal and a str pot I can just stand there and not do anything and a 2 man sync wont kill me. Its stupid.

i've never seen a purple petal for sale and have no idea what a hero bless is.

does that mean i'm naive or you are not the norm? i think there is a vast disparity between longtime UOG faction pvp chars and what most people play with in the field.

Lorthic

Knight

illz said:

does that mean i'm naive or you are not the norm? i think there is a vast disparity between longtime UOG faction pvp chars and what most people play with in the field.

Purple petals are relatively easy to find, and if you're a hardcore pvper with the funds for weapons any better than Force, you should be able to afford them. Just post on the forums, like you do now, that you're buying them. Or, you should just chug that gstr.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

illz said:

I see purple petals for sale all the time, and hero bless is for factioners only. Krrios made a thrad about it, go read up on it abit.

I can have atm 170 str, thats fucked up.

125 base + 20 pots + 10 bless + 5 purple petal + 10 fish

ColdBlood said:

Im not at all, to many beefed up stregth users on the shard to vote yes to this. i only have one characte with any of my stats above 100 but i still voted no.

Lorthic

Knight

_Choru_ said:
I see purple petals for sale all the time, and hero bless is for factioners only. Krrios made a thrad about it, go read up on it abit.

I can have atm 170 str, thats fucked up.

125 base + 20 pots + 10 bless + 5 purple petal + 10 fish

That is insane.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Nope DIAF has 100 str :p

Hes 100/100/25, best stats for a dexxer imho.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

No, becuase agil pots saves me!

I never stay at vase stats :p

Only 1 char can reach 170 str, and I dont play with her very often.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

UO kung Fu masta said:
Im not at all, to many beefed up stregth users on the shard to vote yes to this. i only have one characte with any of my stats above 100 but i still voted no.

I dont understand this arguement, because lots of people have high str we shouldnt change it?

If lots of people speedhack should it be lega?

Many ppl have voted no, I really would LOVE to see some answers to this.

_Choru_ said:
I dont understand this arguement, because lots of people have high str we shouldnt change it?

If lots of people speedhack should it be lega?

Many ppl have voted no, I really would LOVE to see some answers to this.
thruth of the matter is characters do have beefed up str and it doesn't matter because MB will pwn any chara like that and I could weaken your chara with 170 str about 6 times before id fight you if you were on a chara like that. i love the way the shard is now on everything and i really dont think there needs to be any changes.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

No, you could only weaken me twice, and I'd just drink another str pot.

MB sucks on this shard so you arguement is false.

_Choru_ said:
No, you could only weaken me twice, and I'd just drink another str pot.

MB sucks on this shard so you arguement is false.
MB doesn't suck on this shard, get on your charac and beef your str up to 170 and get on another chara and MB the 170 str chara, you would be amazed unless you resisted it.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

I pvp, I know how MB works, its capped out here, I have 14 dex + pot = 34 + hero bless = 44 dex, mb is the diff between dex & int.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, so please just give up.

Minimejgd

Wanderer

Here's the facts about MB. If you have 124 str that's 112 base health. Add potion, 132 health. Add a purple petal, 137 health. Add a hero/evil bless, 147 health.

I forget the equation of MB exactly here, but i can tell you that in the end having this much strength overpowers the power of MB. On average it would take about 5 mbs to kill somone with this much str not to mention another 2 mbs if the person is a scribe.

Fact is, scribe is broken, stats are broken, and spell damage is broken.

Mary Poppins

Wanderer

I voted yes, and i hope it passes.

While it would limit some template designs,
It would remove a lot of the BS. I recently posted
a thread on GM [exceptional] axes and how
poor the damage/kill rate was. Someone emailed
me saying, 'dude, just make his STR 125 and give him
vanq, eat some flower petals, and drink a pot or two.' I laughed. Its Pub 16 that killed pvp because
of stuff like that.

This change would bring the game more accurately back
to the T2A/UO:R by eliminating a poor element of OSI's PUB 16

Mary Poppins

Wanderer

_Choru_ said:
I pvp, I know how MB works, its capped out here, I have 14 dex + pot = 34 + hero bless = 44 dex, mb is the diff between dex & int.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, so please just give up.

MB damage, how it was changed by OSI during OU:R, was based on the difference between your highest and your lowest skill. It didnt' matter which. The formula produced damage that was capped at 40 per spell and the damage could not be resisted (even if you had gm resist). So 100 100 25, the difference would be 75, if you used a GS pot, the difference would be 95. It didn't really matter. It was OSI's attempt to fix the MB spell which used to compare INT to INT and allow a mage to kill a non-mage easily. The old spell was resistable though, so a warrior with gm resist could have 25 int and not worry. the MB changes during UO:R also helped mages deal with the 2 hit kills from Lumberjacking Axers, by allowing them to kill with 3 5th level spells (if the attackers stats were not balanced.) The way around it was to balance your stats. I ran with 90 90 45 on my mage in SL when factions came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.