UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Soloing Dread Horn on your Sampire...

Indika

Sorceror
Hello everyone! I have had many requests to open discussion of how to solo Dread Horn on a sampire. I have been soloing Dread Horn for a while now, but I recently figured out the program to record...

The entire fight lasted 18 minutes and 13 seconds. I have trimmed the video down to the last 5 minutes of the fight, then increased the speed due to repetitiveness.

This fight is not a very hard fight and can be done with many different kinds of weapons. I will edit this post a bit more with more detail as it progresses. I will be doing more Dread Horn to get an idea of the most efficient method, but here is my first attempt at recording.

Later on I will be attempting more Shimmering and will try to make a video for that, until then let this be the open discussion on how to Solo Dread Horn on a Sampire or Wraith.

Ok so now that you made it this far, I am assuming you watched the video above. Now I will explain more in detail exactly what it is that you saw there...

My priorities in this fight change somewhat. Dread Horn can be done with a double axe but I used a Leaf Blade in the video and I will explain why.

Feint is your best friend in this fight. It has a 6 second duration and if you pay attention to my buff bar you will notice I tried to keep it up throughout the entire fight. It is very important to keep it up as Dread Horn can combo you for over 100+. Feint would make the combo do 50-60, which is survivable.

You don't have to cast concescrate in this fight which is great. Keep that in mind as you don't want to clog up your recovery time.

Here is my priories from first to last:
#1: Feint
#2: Counter Attack
#3: Enemy of One
#4: Armor Ignore
#5: Divine Fury

I order them from most important to least important, however you do want to keep all of these going in rotation at all times during this fight. You should rotate between Armor Ignore and Feint only while Feint is active. I do not use Lightning Strike in between hits to conserve Mana for Feint. I am typically able to get 2 Armor Ignores in between Feint's.

The first few seconds are kind of messy and there is a black patch for a few moments. If anyone knows why Cam Studio did that and how I can fix it, please PM my inbox! I have no prior experience recording videos. This was my third attempt and was my best but I still encountered a few problems with the recording. Once I figure out the in's and out's I will post a better attempt but here's my best for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C4UkTrpI0E

Part II: Keys (Suggestion by mantorras)

keys yay11.jpg

#1: Always embrace honor before running in to farm keys. I start off with the spiders first, so it is useful to be able to avoid all other monster agro while making my way to the Spiders.

#2: This is where I stand while I farm the spiders... These ones are actually pretty easy with or without honor. I use a double axe so I can switch between double strike and whirlwind as needed. Sometimes Spite will want to fight... Make sure you always honor Spite even if you are fighting Spiders. Or you can attempt to lure Spite south away from the Spiders while you farm keys. Try to avoid luring Virulent/Malefic... But again these Spiders aren't too tough and you can actually tank them all with whirlwind. Sometimes if I find myself in a tough spot I will actually position myself to hit the Corpsers and Quagmires as my main target. You have a better chance at hitting these, and as long as your first hit connects, your whirlwind will hit all other monsters.

#3: Blighted Cotton is located in the same area as Irk, which is who I begin to farm after I get both Spider Keys...

#4: This is where I stand to fight Irk... By now you have probably noticed I do not have Enemy of One casted on Irk. Enemy of One is extremely dangerous in this zone and should not be casted while farming keys for Dread Horn. Make sure you honor Irk every time and he should also be able to be dragged off alone. Irk is pretty easy the only problem is he casts Spellweaving And Magery, so he has Gift of Renewal and Heal spells to heal himself in a pinch... Really annoying. You don't have to chase Irk if he tries to run away. Just stand still and he will keep running into you.

#5: Gnaw is the last key I get... I usually run in here and whirlwind while honoring Gnaw. Gnaw is pretty easy and his minions provide more buffer for your whirlwind to bring back hit points and mana.

#6: Don't forget the Thorny Briar on your way out/in!! You will see these in the sandy area with the cu's and dryads!! :D

Indika

Sorceror
Will just reserve the first response for future update.
Until then, here is a sneak peak into my status bar and backpack for when I go and fight Dread Horn:

backpack.jpg
I carry about 100 Refresh, 30 Heal, 30 Strength, and 30 Agility potions as well as grapes.

stats.jpg
This is my status bar with potions and grapes consumed. My max stats before curse when I fight the Dread Horn.
I don't typically carry 20k gold with me to Dread Horn, but I figured why not?

weap.jpg
This is the Leaf Blade from the video, and my favorite weapon to solo Dread Horn.

suit steam.jpg
Suit -info

Indika

Sorceror
Care to share a breakdown of your suit? :)

I *think* this is what ur asking for:

suit.gif sash.gif
jewels.jpg
My head is Spirit of the Totem and my gloves are Stormgrip(only because I have enough stamina to fit them). Quiver of Infinity is on my back. You can see the exact mods in the screenshot of my suits -info. But as you can see here my suit is very cut and dry stat increases.

Besides the information in this thread, my suit is built along the requirements that are described in the Sampire Bible, which can be found in my signature.

Fyriis

Wanderer
That is what I was looking for thanks. I have read your post several times im just not the best at building suits so I needed a guide line of what stats to fit on which pieces thanks man

Indika

Sorceror
Update to both posts. Included section for farming keys. Let me know if there's still any further questions regarding keys. Let's get this topic going.

Note: This thread is also intended for Whammys! So if you have any comments or concerns regarding Whammy's please feel free to contribute to the topic!

Indika

Sorceror
uhm, I haven't taken resisting spells off. haven't had the need to with the leaf blade. I swap necro -> anatomy. I cant think of a more beneficial skill for this fight than resisting spells. Dread horn already has a big de-buff -20 to all skills that applies separate from his magery curse. Resisting spells helps against curse debuff. Unless you compensated for every curse or ate a bunch of apples it might not even be worth taking the extra loss of stats.