UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Sosarian Adventurers Company - Young Player Quest

Mia-hybrid

Wanderer
Sosarian Adventurers Company - Young Player Quest

Announcing the start of a new line of quests geared specifically towards up-and-coming adventurers. The "Sosarian Adventurers Company" will organize quests for not so veteran players to make new friends, get some starting gold, or train their skills in a fun and unique environment.

Each of these events will feature guides leading the participants on a dungeon crawl adventure in a location specifically customized for this purpose. Monsters used will not be high end or carry much gold, ranging from things such as zombies or earth elementals. Monsters may drop items needed by players getting their foot in the door such as bandages or an exceptional quality weapon.

As a staff led event for the audience it is intended for, there will be absolutely no tolerance for anybody who shows up to grief or cause problems. Attacking other players, showing up on a veteran player to insta-kill the monsters, looting someone's corpse (which will be enforced by using foresnic eval to determine if you have opened someone else's corpse), or general rudeness will not be tolerated. All of these things will get you removed from the quest and may even your account marked as disrupting an event. If a person claims their loot has been stolen and you are found to have opened the corpse, you will be stripped of all your possessions first and your things given to the victim in retribution. So turn off auto loot and be careful what you open.

In addition to preserve the intent and flavor, the following will be enforced:

- No mounts.

- No pets which require higher than 66 taming and no more than 1 pet per person. (For example, a pet wolf would be acceptable.)

- No use of 7th or 8th level spells besides flamestrike and resurrection.

- No magic weapons higher than might. If a player does not have a weapon an npc quality one will be provided for them. Mages are responsible for bringing their own regs.

These few restrictions may be easy to get around but if it's obvious you don't need to be at a low level event then you are going to be removed, plain and simple.

I hope that our community will help contribute to the success of this effort by helping to get the word out. If you see a new player stumbling around or somebody getting smattered all over the graveyard, tell them about this post and invite them to visit the forums and read all about it.

-------------------------------------

The first Sosarian Adventurers Company quest is scheduled for Saturday, November 12th at 2pm Eastern (11 am Pacific). Anybody wishing to participate should meet at the Unicorn's Horn tavern in Britain. Please be on time!

selo

Wanderer
Re: Sosarian Adventurers Company - Young Player Quest

Mia once again thank you for what you do for this shard.

Mia-hybrid

Wanderer

You know, you are one of the nicest players and you always have something nice to comment. I really have to say it, thank you sincerely for your support. :)

sunfiregt

Wanderer

It about time! I really think this could help new players enjoy the shard a lot better and help them adjust to our rulesets! Great idea and thanks for implementation!

hi,

this event sounds interesting, my account is about 25 days old my char is gm peace music provo mage eval and 92. something resist, just curious if i might be too old/veteran to attend? mainly i just want to meet some players, i have been spending most of my time alone building up my skills

Ducymickks

well i guess i will see you there,

one other question, im living in melbourne, any idea what time i would need to be there, i know roughly at a guess im about 16hours infront of you americans, but im not sure if thats pacific eastern or central, know any sites where i can look that sorta stuff up?

ok, i would love to do this... but im a little braindead at the moment and....*bows head in shame* im not sure what time zone im in. senior in high school and i dont even know my time zone..sad huh? well anyway, i live in Connersville, Indiana and one of my friends said he thinks its eastern time... i dont know... anyway its 1 pm my time right now so im just gonna park my mage at the unicorns horn and mess with another character while i wait...

that was awesome btw... i wish i could have stuck through the whole thing though :( oh well, even though i was only there for half of it i loved it, cant wait for the next one...and i will be at the next one the WHOLE time this time... good job ppl :)

so mia, whens the next one, i was gonna come last time, but i went to sleep 3 hours before it started

i mean i love this game and all, but some things have to come first

i hope i can make the next one though

ducymickks

Mia I am curios, Is this running the whole time, I have always wanted to train up my archer but could never do it in peace...Will I be able to do this anytime or is it on set dates ??

Lp_KrNaGe

Wanderer

why it says: November 12th? it is suposed to be every week on saturday isn't it? ... also in the Player Appreciation Day Event it says november 13th, can someone explain what does this mean? ...