UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Spring House Deco Contest 2014!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

Hybrid Staff Member
Spring House Deco Contest 2014!

I know that there are tons of really great, creative houses on Hybrid and what better way to celebrate your creativity than a fun contest with amazing prizes! Details are as follows:

Categories:

Most Realistic-relating to the representation of objects as they actually are.

Best Hoarder-best display of the collections they've gathered.

Most Creative-unique and creative yet does not fall into the realistic category.

Best Classic-best deco in an old style classic house from the classic menu.

Biggest Eyesore-best house that when someone passes by they say, "OMG!".

Rules:

1. The house must be owned by you and currently exist on Hybrid.

2. Only one house can be submitted per user.

3. You may only enter your house in one category.

To enter the contest page GM Sage or Councelor Grand Nagus in game. We will then accompany you to your house to verify ownership. We ask that you have a premarked rune available when we arrive. At that time we will ask what category you'd like to enter.

Be aware that I will be making master rune books of all the houses submitted so that other players can view and admire them. This rune book will be located along with the prizes at a special display area accessible through the moongate located beside the jeweler in West Brit. Winners will be determined by Staff votes in order to prevent the contest from being a "popularity" contest.

I am giving players the entire month of April to prepare a house and enter. As of April 30th 11:59pm(EST) no more entries will be accepted. Winners will be announced the following week in order to allow time for us to view and vote.

Tips: We will judge the homes on each individuals' creativity and their use of items in game to make their home unique. Homes that are not unique(duplicates of houses online or in game) will be noted and thus have less chance of winning.

Good Luck and Happy Decorating!

Neppg

Sorceror
that with just the items available via pvm/npc shops/crafting you can pull off some pretty impressive decoration in uo..

I wanted to also add that the most impressive decorations ever existed were mainly done by your everyday items; creativity is the key.

Neppg

Sorceror
:confused: Anyone else feeling that old "exam time is here and I left all my studying till the last couple days!!!" feeling they had back in school? ;/ lol

I've left it all to the end and anyone else that has should get crackin! lol

Yeah except that I've actually postponed my studies because I've been working on the house and now I think I'm pretty screwed having two exams tomorrow :[

Sage

Hybrid Staff Member
Contestants can no longer enter houses into the contest. Staff will be looking at all the houses throughout the week and voting. I will announce winners when all the votes have been cast! Hybrid has some very talented, creative people who've spent a great deal of time meticulously decorating. Thanks to all who have entered! Good Luck! :)

Sage

Hybrid Staff Member
I just wanted to let you all know that GM's have been busy voting. Just a couple more need to finish up then I'll announce the results! Thanks so much for your patience! :)

It is truly excting to hear that the votes are nearly done i understand staff is busy with things and is truly understandable but the anticipation is what makes events like this more exciting!! Fame, Spastic.

Sage

Hybrid Staff Member
I'm sure everyone is DYING to know who won! Before I post the winners I want to explain how we voted. I created a list of criteria based on the aspects of deco. Every judge(7 total judges) rated the houses based on the criteria I set with a value from 1-10(10 obviously being the best). The three criteria were, originality, creative use of in game items, and curb appeal. I then added up all the total points for each house. Here's how the voting looked(I'm using a fake example):

Most Creative:

John Doe

Originality-7
Creative use of items- 6
Curb Appeal- 6

Total-19

Every house had the "chance" at getting 30 total points from each judge. I added up all the points and the houses with the most points are our winners!

Enough with the blah, blah, yadda, yadda! Here's our winners!

Best Classic:

Adventuretime-161pts

Runner up - Wedge-147.5pts

Best Hoarder:

Sir YoYo-143pts

Runner up - Fallen's Hoarde-125.5pts

Biggest Eyesore:

Remington-167pts

Runner up - Diesel-161pts

Most Realistic:

Neppg-173pts

Runner up - Voodoo-165pts

Most Creative:

ManBearPig-168pts

Runner up - Stack Chedda-165pts

As you can see the point spread was very close in this contest. I think everyone did an amazing job!

I have runner up prizes(for the runner up of each category) and participation sashes for everyone who entered! Please page in for your prizes! :)

gramps

Sorceror
I thought for sure VooDoo would win. His house is amazing. And then there were a couple others I thought would win and weren't even runners up. The winners were very surprising to me, as I said previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.