UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Standard 7x

Do you agree with the proposed change?

• Yes

Votes: 203 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 132 33.6%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 58 14.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark

Standard 7x

Currently, the standard 7x ruleset allows magical weapons and armor, as well as the mage spells protection and reactive armor.

Would you be in favor of having the default ruleset changed to prohibit the use of these magical items and prevent casting of the two aforementioned spells?

Elendili!

Knight
Without magic weapons, dexxers are useless, but i wouldnt mind seeing magic armor go. (i was put agaist a mage in full invul and i only did 5dmg to him with my magic axe)

i dont think its cool about getting rid of magical weapons but i said yes if you are getting rid of reactive armor, ill get over not having magical weapons if they cant just keep casting RA lol

chingy

Wanderer
No, it really isn't that hard to make it so you can't use magics using the custom menu. Dexxers suck in duels anyhow

Kool-Aid

Wanderer
Now we're getting closer...

and what do you mean dexxers are useless without magic weps??? I haven't done much in game testing but back in the day on OSI GM weps were almost what everyone carried and have killed PLENTY of people.

Hell, now-a-days we got these special hits that give dexers little more of a chance to. I killed a few people yesterday with a storebought warhammer and q staff.

M

Mark

plague_spores said:
i dont think its cool about getting rid of magical weapons but i said yes if you are getting rid of reactive armor, ill get over not having magical weapons if they cant just keep casting RA lol

That's how balance will be maintained. If everyone is equally limited to non magical weapons and armor and the two anti-melee mage spells are prohibited, everyone is on equal footing and the duel becomes more about skill than equipment (as it should).

If anyone wants some numbers for comparison:
Exceptional Halberd Maximum Damage: 62
Exceptional Full Barbed Leather Suit (AR): 20

Perfect Vanquishing Halberd Maximum Damage: 76
Full Invulnerability Leather Suit (AR): 43

Anyone can see that this change benefits melee fighters and mages alike, and turns a duel into a game of skill instead of a game of 'best equipment'.

MDK=MDGAY

Wanderer
How about, one poll at a time mark? With respect, either you didn't realize this at the time you made the poll or or did and this is a shady attempt at killing two birds with one stone. The debate on magic weapons has been in the air for QUITE some time now, yet there haven't been any serious discussions about removing reactive armor and protection. Obviously regardless or whether or not people really want to vote on removing RA and protection, they are still going to vote yes because of the first issue of the poll, removing magic weapons, which as stated earlier, has been a big issue. Separate the polls so the results can be accurate.

Mark said:
That's how balance will be maintained. If everyone is equally limited to non magical weapons and armor and the two anti-melee mage skills are prohibited, everyone is on equal footing and the duel becomes more about skill than equipment (as it should).

exactly

terathan33

Wanderer
As long as there are still some tournies where magic weps and armor are enabled, It would be a good Idea. I think everyone that pvps on the shard has put effort into getting atleast one good set of armor for tournaments. We like to get dressed up for the events with out perfect vanqs and invul armor. In the duel pits I use gm armor anyway, with the new changes to magic weps I think it would be a good idea to have 7x standard with gm weps. Especially since you can't repair leather armor suits. Dexers can use one perfect vanq and repair it after each fight, where as a mage i use regular gm barbed cause I don't wanna waste a goo magic set on dueling. Also I always thought the use of reactive armor was unfair to dexers, removal of it would be a good idea, since they can't cast magic reflect. I would want to keep protection in 7x duels just to give scribe mages a chance at winning more duels there by creating more templates to compete against.

terathan33

Wanderer
P.S. I thought protection even at gm didnt work good vs dexers but was used primarily to stop magery spell disruptions. Mark can you clear this up?

M

Mark

MDK=MDGAY said:
How about, one poll at a time mark? With respect, either you didn't realize this at the time you made the poll or or did and this is a shady attempt at killing two birds with one stone. The debate on magic weapons has been in the air for QUITE some time now, yet there haven't been any serious discussions about removing reactive armor and protection. Obviously regardless or whether or not people really want to vote on removing RA and protection, they are still going to vote yes because of the first issue of the poll, removing magic weapons, which as stated earlier, has been a big issue. Separate the polls so the results can be accurate.

Shady attempt? I think the two go hand in hand, and to be fair to both parties I believe the change has to go in as a 'package deal'.

M

Mark

terathan33 said:
P.S. I thought protection even at gm didnt work good vs dexers but was used primarily to stop magery spell disruptions. Mark can you clear this up?

Protection lasts for ( Magery * 2 ) seconds and gives you a ( Evaluating Intelligence + Meditation + Inscription ) / 4 (out of 100) to not disturb when you are hit.

If this confuses you, just remember that someone who is GM in Magery, Inscription, EvalInt, and Meditation has a 75% chance to not be disrupted when he is hit, and that this effect will last for 200 seconds.

I kinda like swishing people for 60 damage with my perfect double axe :)

However. it is pretty lame, and ultimately the changes you suggest would make 7x standard dueling better. Both RA and protection should be removed too. However, if magic weapons are disabled then magic armour should be disabled too.Thats important.

M

Mark

Balron of IPY said:
However, if magic weapons are disabled then magic armour should be disabled too.Thats important.

That was stipulated in the original post.

Jenova-gl

Sorceror
If you disallow protection and reactive armor you make GM scribes play a skill down, they'd have to play 6x. I say allow protection and reactive only for characters that have scribe if thats possible, I think thats fair.

Other than that, yes, magic weapons and armor should never be a part of a duel.

M

Mark

Jenova said:
If you disallow protection and reactive armor you make GM scribes play a skill down, they'd have to play 6x. I say allow protection and reactive only for characters that have scribe if thats possible, I think thats fair.

Other than that, yes, magic weapons and armor should never be a part of a duel.

They already play a skill down when it is a mage fighting a mage (no magic reflection), why should it be any different for melee. There are plenty of skills that are useless in 7x fights.. alchemy, hiding, the list goes on.

Jenova-gl

Sorceror
How is enhanced protection against mages playing a skill down? Unless something has changed from OSI to this shard GM scribe protection works just as well against spells as it does weapons (and its quite effective too). 75% chance of not being disrupted while casting is just as valuable against spells as it is against weapons.

On OSI, at least where I come from, protection was always a scribes best friend in 7x mage duels or otherwise.

And actually, reactive armor isn't bad either against mages if you use it right, get them to wrestle you at the right time and it does damage + disrupts.

terathan33

Wanderer
Yah I kind of like protection in duels. I've seen some pretty good scribe duelers. Maybe if there is a way to make protection based predominently on the inscription skill and somewhat on magery. Example Proection effectiveness = (inscription * 2 + magery)/4 Give the same end result for 7x scribe mage as the previous formula but makin protection less effective for those mages that choose other skills over scribe. I've personaly never seen people use protection outside the pits on uog, I'm sure a change wouldn't affect anyone, But taking protection out of duels would affect alot of duelers. Also with the current formula of protection being based off med, eval and scribe, the bonus for being scribe in duels in minimized when using the protection spell. Dexers also rely on desturbing mage spells, If protection is left in it would give mages overall an advantage with the current formula. The healer mages would would still have an effective 50% chance to not be disturbed [(med+eval)/4]. I'd say take protection out or make so it's only effective when used with the inscription skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.