UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Standard 7x

Do you agree with the proposed change?

• Yes

Votes: 203 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 132 33.6%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 58 14.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Namonaki

Wanderer
Phontain said:
**edit** leather armor cannot be repaired because it is not realistic. leather wears away and breaks where as metal can be hammered out to near perfection(or as close to perfection as a video game need be) **edit**

Hmm, damn good point. Didnt think of that heh.

phontain33

Wanderer
no **** its just a game. but the whole point of this game originaly was to be based on some sort of realistic point in time with realistic traits.

magic isnt real either, should we remove that as well?
please have a valid argument next time you post on a thread.

terathan33

Wanderer
wow my comment was sarcastic and intended to point out your flawed logic. Anyway I did have a point which was that; in order to counter a perfect vanq you need to obtain 6 pieces od magic armor, which can not be repaired while the dex monkey only has to obtain one piece of equipment, which can be.

JenSlade

Wanderer
You could sew a patch on your leather armor to cover up the one ripped etc...I dont think they should make leather repairable but if u think about realism...yes you can repair leather.

phontain33

Wanderer
Mark said:
They already play a skill down when it is a mage fighting a mage (no magic reflection), why should it be any different for melee.

no magic reflection does not bring a scribe down...
no protection brings a scribe down. protection is still awsome against mages..

DaGongeKid

Sorceror
Mark said:
Currently, the standard 7x ruleset allows magical weapons and armor, as well as the mage spells protection and reactive armor.

Would you be in favor of having the default ruleset changed to prohibit the use of these magical items and prevent casting of the two aforementioned spells?

Definatley magic weps rape mages its rediclous

Smaklo

Wanderer
Actually if you get invul leather your pretty much immune to dexxers with arch protection casted on yourself your a fair match or you may have a greate advantage but the real problem I find is conc, once your hit its all over for you.

Havok-hybrid

Sorceror
Those gimp *** people with the full invul and perfect weps only do it for the rank anyways. If it was removed they wouldnt use those lame *** tactics to win. The removal of the duel ladder would silence all of the *****ing and moaning about whoever has the best equipment is going to win.. If everyone dueled for fun the server would be a lot more laid back and this thread would not have even been created. Play for fun :)

A

AllasPancakes

Im with phontain on this one its already damn hard to duell with out heal or stunn, scribe does not match upp to anny off these abilyties removing a scribe templates only advantage verus mages will make them even more underpowered. scribe is none the less skilled than using a bandage just to disrupt and wait for your aid to save you. and for stunn if stunn is timed right against a char with out healing or magery its prolly a 90% chanse to kill you. I agree totaly on removing magic weapons and magic armor but i dont see how removing ra and scribe will balance anything. but i can see how this will make heal stunns even more powerful than they already are.

i remeber back in the day when duelling was new on this shard and the trammie level was much lower. almost every one used all gm gear and dexxers did not have anny problems with mages. if they played their dexxer right. Ive said this before its the players that play their dexxers por and not the template that is underpowered.

Drop hiding for magery and learn how to handle the battle heat put some skill into playing your dexxer.

for those dexxers that rather have hiding instead off magery i must say you deserve to be underpowered. simply hoping that you disrupt kill someone before he even gets to cast a spell is por tactics

Make a poll whos not mixed with 2 isues these two do not go hand in hand, i have almost every template involved in this isue only one missing for me is a mage with heal.

well ok these changes are definitley a must, but i have some **** to explain regarding these changes...

first off that toad.. whats his name. toad****** or whatever, i dont think he should be posting, for its obvious that he doesnt know much about UO pvp

magic weps definitley should not be removed from the game, even if there was no such thing as pvm, they still have a place in pvp.. a balanced place. And if your a mage and cant kill a dexer with a magic weapon 1v1 then your horrible, use reactive armor... and mind blast... you might say "mind blast is for n00bs im too 1337 to use it!!" well think about it... dont you say the same again about dexers? fight fire with fire.

dexers useless without magic weps? no but, if any mage uses reactive armor, in a duel or on the field in a 1v1... while wearing leather suit... the mage is sure to win.

reactive armor is ****ing ***, shouldnt be that effective imo, vanqs dont do **** against a mage in full 35+ ar with reactive armor.

i honestly wouldnt give a **** if protection spell was left in 7x duels but reactive armor definitley needs to go....

and if you remove magic weaps from 7x duels, then yes magic armor definitley needs to be removed as well as reactive armor.

i voted yes, because i hate reactive armor, for reasons stated above, and i too think duels should be skill based not item.

any mage that duels naked, should lose. so now everyone should just 7x with gm made armor and weps, no RA... and i dunno about prot, dont care.

Lynyrd

Knight
i stole your hamburger said:
well ok these changes are definitley a must, but i have some **** to explain regarding these changes...

first off that toad.. whats his name. toad****** or whatever, i dont think he should be posting, for its obvious that he doesnt know much about UO pvp

magic weps definitley should not be removed from the game, even if there was no such thing as pvm, they still have a place in pvp.. a balanced place. And if your a mage and cant kill a dexer with a magic weapon 1v1 then your horrible, use reactive armor... and mind blast... you might say "mind blast is for n00bs im too 1337 to use it!!" well think about it... dont you say the same again about dexers? fight fire with fire.

dexers useless without magic weps? no but, if any mage uses reactive armor, in a duel or on the field in a 1v1... while wearing leather suit... the mage is sure to win.

reactive armor is ****ing ***, shouldnt be that effective imo, vanqs dont do **** against a mage in full 35+ ar with reactive armor.

i honestly wouldnt give a **** if protection spell was left in 7x duels but reactive armor definitley needs to go....

and if you remove magic weaps from 7x duels, then yes magic armor definitley needs to be removed as well as reactive armor.

i voted yes, because i hate reactive armor, for reasons stated above, and i too think duels should be skill based not item.

any mage that duels naked, should lose. so now everyone should just 7x with gm made armor and weps, no RA... and i dunno about prot, dont care.

your name makes me giggle. :>

Bobofet

Wanderer

It is in the nature of the beast,

the internet junkey he/she or even it if that applies seeks to prove worth though online games thus seeking to prove to themselves they are worth something or leet.

Play the dam game who FUK cares, is life perfect is it fair i make 56K a year and you work in some burger joint and live in your mom's basement at 42 years of age ?

No
But thats life .

I commend the efforts of uogamers, however pleading to the masses to fix things will only lead to the path of ruin as 90% of online gamers are Never pleased regardless.

i stole your hamburger said:

Damn noob, anyone with half a brain uses magic reflect or protection.

My cousin kills people in 2 hits with one of his 60 or so vanq axes, he knocks my RA off in 1 hit and I am GM scribe. RA is for noobs and anyone who thinks its good is a noob. Theirs pretty much nothing a mage can do, fighters just run away chugging cure pots and using bandaids then come running back trying to get lucky.

The best thing i can think of is bring IPY style insta hit. Dex monkeys alwase have their weapon on so they pretty much swing right when they touch someone. Mages have to equip a weapon and the swing timer restarts when they do so. Just keep the swing timer from resetting when a weapon is equiped and problem solved.

JenSlade

Wanderer
OMG sulang you make 56k a year! Damn man with that kinda insane flow u must own like 10 ferrari's and 3 mansions eh? Damn so what trade are u in?.....lol

Thx for pointing out the obvious tips...obviously when u get a mass of people there is never going to be 100% satisfaction amungst the horde. UOGamers is doing the best job of course...they are the #1 shard.

People replying to this thread is constructive critisism, and I highly doubt Mark see's it as useless.

next time please keep your petty 56k salary mind on matters more equivelant to your understanding....thx

Mean and Dirty

Wanderer
shoot i voted no on accident change it to yes, should be more on skill than equipment!!! but fu** those that bi*** on the spells! if you dont like em take up enough magery to cast reactive armor and MR, doesnt take many skill points, plus is good for dexxers to have anyway:)

Status
Not open for further replies.