UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Standard 7x

Do you agree with the proposed change?

• Yes

Votes: 203 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 132 33.6%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 58 14.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mean and Dirty

Wanderer
ya im a gm scribe and at most a vanq weap takes 3 hts to take it off, and when we are hit with it on, it still fizzles our spells, so quit your bi***ing and keep on whacking, you are bound to win in an enclosed area.

mark-O

Wanderer
I think it isnt the idea of eliminating magic weapons, its the case of getting a balance.

I used to pvp a lot on osi before aos, I didnt know many pvpers who used a magic wep beacuse they were too valuble.
Most people just used gm made weapons, thinking back some of the gm made weps were somewhere in the region of force and power. I cant remember what the rating of these weps were called the the theory of it is you would put the weapon on a vendor and the higher value the vendor naturally put on the item the better it was. The was a propper scale system for it.

Each type of weapon had a maximum value, say a katana was 54, the best one you could craft was 54/54 which would almost be a power weapon, you would craft one of these say every 20-30.

I dont know whether this system is in place on the shard because ive only been playing a month and i havent looked into it.

One thing is for certain theres too many vanq wep around in pvp.

mark-O

Wanderer
Thinking on further and reading more posts,

Mark, I hate to sound rude but arnt you suggesting ideas that wouldnt be out of place on osi?

Instead of fixing the problem in hand (too many vanqs floating about & and crafters not having the chance to produce better than gm weapons) lets nurf the mage.

Fix the problem in hand not the skill as the skills are not broken. Reduce the chance of a vanq drop and increase chance of a gm smith to make a better weapon (was it called "vpd"? im still trying to remember)

I came to Hybrid to get away from all the skill nurf rubbish!

mark-O

Wanderer
It was vdp!

Look what I found
http://www.towerofroses.de/pric-vdp.htm

is this still in existance on the shard?
does it still effect the durability and damage?

if yes to both the above are people aware of it?

If no then why not bring it back into play, nuf the vanq drops and it will give the crafters a bit of a boost.

Re: Standard 7x

i think it should be all gm weaps and armor without anti melee spells cause then its who can kill who first which is all skill to make the kill :)

Otteppeg

Wanderer

I use to play on OSI servers about 4 years ago, and i just got back into UO on this server and i think its great, although im not used to the pvp at all. I would like to see more gm weps and ar instead of magic ones. i dont mind the protection spells that much because when i used to play i still did ok against mages with gm weps. I was just frustraited the other day when it took someone in all invonrable ar or whatever it is and using a vanq wep 4 minutes to kill me in a duel... against my gm wep and gm armor. and the whole time i hit them around 4 times spread way to far out with my axer for like 30 dmg. I liked it when everyone was carrying around the same quality weapons and armor.

but then maybe i just need to get used to the pvp... my acct is not even a week old, and my axer is only to make some cash so i can start a mage up.

character

Wanderer

when was the last time a warrior won a standard 7x tourny? Shit whens the last time a warrior won any kind of tourny? why keep screwing them over?

Status
Not open for further replies.