UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 579] *PRIORITY* Aggressor lists / targetting / murder counts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraz

AssistUO Developer
Re: [CODER NEEDED] *PRIORITY* Aggressor lists / targetting / murder counts

Is this bug live in Demise?
I was testing the ghack situation and i think I've found an easy solution...

I need more OSI information about the notoriety
- If player A attack B and B is guarded, the follower/summon attack A, what is the follower/summon notoriety on OSI for player A?
- Same test above but now both players faction members (enemies), the follower/summon still orange or become grey while attacking player A (guarding B)?
- Same for guild wars (I believe it works same way as factions)

Kraz

AssistUO Developer
Re: [CODER NEEDED] *PRIORITY* Aggressor lists / targetting / murder counts

Well, I've attached the solution, probably not the best but an easy way to fix the notoriety bug. Considering this is "priority" and you guys do not have a fix for months, what about testing this?

Hope this help.
EDIT: I've posted again, with another ghack fix, see next page.

Kraz

AssistUO Developer
Re: [TESTING NEEDED] *PRIORITY* Aggressor lists / targetting / murder counts

EDIT: attached both, BaseCreature and Notoriety changes (I was using Callandor's SVN dunno if there's a problem so here we have the RunUO SVN patch).

Please update TC and let me know if there are more bugs.
PS: removed the old patch I've posted before, on another post.

Attachments

• BaseCreature.patch
    527 bytes · Views: 27
  • Notoriety2.patch
    986 bytes · Views: 27

Kraz

AssistUO Developer
Re: [TESTING NEEDED] *PRIORITY* Aggressor lists / targetting / murder counts

Bump, edited and attached ^

Kraz

AssistUO Developer
Re: [TESTING-TC] *PRIORITY* Aggressor lists / targetting / murder counts

I think we will need Xavier or a player who knows how to reproduce the notoriety bugs... (they arent easy to understand).
I've fixed but we need someone else besides me to confirm.

Xavier

Account Terminated

KraZ;788055 said:
I think we will need Xavier or a player who knows how to reproduce the notoriety bugs... (they arent easy to understand).
I've fixed but we need someone else besides me to confirm.

Yuh. Thats where i lose my patience with this. See if you can catch me on IRC and Ill go through what I know about on the TC.

EvilChild

Knight

Apparently I'm the only person capable of testing this.

So I spent the last 45 minutes on test center attempting to break it. So far it seems to work perfectly fine. I was able to attack players and pets that should be attackable. I wasn't able to wrongfully gwhack anything. I wasn't able to give murder counts without actually being murdered first. It definately works better than the shit stain of a flagging system we have now.

The only minor things I can see is that a grey player who has pets will have their pets LOOK blue. However, any pet that is mounted and dismounted turns grey, and I assume newly summoned will be grey. When the blue pet is attacked, it turns grey to the attacker and the attacker suffers no penalty for attacking the criminals pet. Red pets are freely attackable and also turn grey upon being attacked.

Honestly I didn't test every single tiny bit of stuff like AoE spells etc but this looks solid enough to implement as it is and should be done so ASAP.

Kraz

AssistUO Developer

Thanks for testing EvilChild.

The only minor things I can see is that a grey player who has pets will have their pets LOOK blue. However, any pet that is mounted and dismounted turns grey, and I assume newly summoned will be grey. When the blue pet is attacked, it turns grey to the attacker and the attacker suffers no penalty for attacking the criminals pet. Red pets are freely attackable and also turn grey upon being attacked.
I'll take a look, must be compared to OSI...
As I said to Xavier, I doubt the current notoriety/flag is better, should be implemented at least as a temporary fix.

EvilChild

Knight

The color issue is such a minor thing that it really doesn't make a huge difference either way.

The most important thing is that it does what it needs to and that it is 1000000000x better than what we have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.