UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Champ spawn arties cannot be pigmented

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilChild

Knight
[CODER NEEDED] Champ spawn arties cannot be pigmented

Type: Possible Broken Feature

Basic Description: Cannot dye any champ artifacts with pigments

Way to experience: Try to dye an artifact with a pigment of tokuno.

Detailed Description: None of the champion spawn artifacts can be dyed with any pigment of tokuno. This is true even for the Most Knowledge person which explicitly states it should be dyable on uoguide. It is presumed that the rest of the artifacts should also be pigmentable.

Links: http://www.uoguide.com/The_Most_Knowledge_Person

Code: None

Someone needs to go onto OSI test center and attempt to dye the rest of the artifacts. So we can see which arties can or can not be dyable.

(if this has been reported already just delete it :X)

Edit: it also appears the hue is off alittle on the Most Knowledge person. On uoguide it looks a bit lighter and greener than on demise.

EvilChild

Knight
Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Champ spawn arties cannot be pigmented

this is an extension to include all champion spawn artifacts

I have tested sash, MKP, gladiators collar

none of them can be pigmented even when on uoguide it says specifically that MKP can be pigmented.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

EvilChild;593346 said:
this is an extension to include all champion spawn artifacts

I have tested sash, MKP, gladiators collar

none of them can be pigmented even when on uoguide it says specifically that MKP can be pigmented.

The

EvilChild

Knight

Great well I think that pretty much settles it

Thanks for the info!

hmmm... due to "thread defacement" (can be called so?) I think we have lost the useful info about. Which it should be done for this?

Bama

Bug Huntress

osd_daedalus;714380 said:
hmmm... due to "thread defacement" (can be called so?) I think we have lost the useful info about. Which it should be done for this?

You are constantly on osi test center
Just say give arties and you will also get replicas and you can dye them with pigments

The problem on osi was when they first came out some could and some couldn't have pigments used on them.Osi proceeded to amend that by making them all able to have pigments used on them and all with 150/150 durability and no use of PoF on them

I can't find FE's post about the color of items but maybe you can and you can double check the color of those items he needed verification on.I think 1 was a robe I am not positive
Also maybe check and see if all the replicas on osi are on Demise

Bama;715015 said:
You are constantly on osi test center
Just say give arties and you will also get replicas and you can dye them with pigments

The problem on osi was when they first came out some could and some couldn't have pigments used on them.Osi proceeded to amend that by making them all able to have pigments used on them and all with 150/150 durability and no use of PoF on them

I can't find FE's post about the color of items but maybe you can and you can double check the color of those items he needed verification on.I think 1 was a robe I am not positive
Also maybe check and see if all the replicas on osi are on Demise

haha I'm not constantly there, I'm "on demand" there :)
Good for us now OSI has the bag of replicas: it hadn't before... so finally we can see also about the color of Acid Proof Robe (that is different, later I will post it), but let's return on topic:

- ALL of champ spawn replicas are pigmentable. Even ring and bracelets. Even boots. Even robes and cloaks.

About the list, I should check what is in RunUO (I will do later). Effectively I feel there are more replicas in OSI, but... "Tongue of the Beast" or "Obi Di Ense", for example... was them in ML? Or was they added with SA?

Acid Proof Robe hue in OSI is 0x0455
Code:
15:36:59.1486: Server -> Client 0x2E (Length: 15)
        0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7   8  9  A  B  C  D  E  F
       -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --  -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
0000   2E 42 7C 09 14 1F 03 00  16 02 7C 0D E8 [COLOR=Red]04 55[/COLOR]      .B|.......|...U

again, I had to read at packets manually since I never reach to let SpyUO work properly when I need it :p

This is all I have found in OSI TC "Replica" bag.
Code:
[COLOR=Red]royal guard investigator
obi di ense
tongue of the beast
light's rampart
jade armbrand[/COLOR]
- good samaritan of britannia
- shroud of deceit
- the most knowledge person
- orc chieftain helm
- (boots) detective of royal guard
- gladiator collar
- lieutenant of the britannian royal guard
- gauntlets of anger
- embroided oak leaf cloak
- brave knight of britannia
- quell
- a necromancer shroud
- the robe of britannia ari
- djinni's ring
- calm
- crown of tal'keesh
- subdue
- acid proof robe
- captain john's hat
- fang of ractus
- pacify
- royal guard surviving knife
- oblivion's needle
I have put in red replicas I have found in OSI and not in RunUO code.
Are those present in ML? Or were they added with SA?

edit: I apologize if I have posted in the wrong report, I'm starting to be confused since there are about 3-4 reports on champ arties.

edit2 - answer: not valid. These 5 artifacts, according to Stratics, are obtained from: Unsure, Abyssal Infernal, or Primeval Lich which are SA creatures. Quite enough to say they are SA Replicas. (would be good to write a note about)

Lucifall

Knight

Just to confirm, the red colored items are SA replicas as you mentioned.

I have a question for a thing that looks like off topic, but coding-wise isn't:

can you in OSI use a pigment on a "decorative" LToT? (urn, honorable sword, etc...)

Bama

Bug Huntress

Yes you can
Remember that when you use the pigments you get the message
Select the artifact or enhanced magic item to dye

Though deco they are still artifacts

Bama;733015 said:
Though deco they are still artifacts
Yes, logic would state that, but is there actual confirmation available of this being done? If memory serves, stealables, in spite of being most certainly 'artifacts' (by virtue of having the 'artifact rarity' attribute) CANNOT be pigmented.

I think what we need here are screencaps of OSI, showing us either the existence of deco ToTs with pigmented hues. Or pictures of a lack of such.

Bama;733015 said:
Yes you can

Nottheking;733057 said:
Yes, logic would state that, but is there actual confirmation available of this being done?

NTK, Bama and IPK are actually playing OSI now. And they have been testing for Demise/RunUO for ages. I think that at some point you have to just decide who your trustworthy sources are - and both of them have shown themselves reliable (and quick to rectify any mistake) up to now. My guess is - if they say you can, you can... :p

FE

Ah, okay... Mostly, I was asking for a screenshot. I meant no offense. I was merely confused as to the lack of one attached to the post.

I asked specifically that question since in RunUO there is a "list" of all of possible ToTs and then an "order" like if an item is in that list, then you can pigment it.
Since are also other ToT lists (ToT I-II-III), and since the "pigmentable" thing is build quite differently from "dyable" which makes use of interfaces, I am trying to evaluate how much the "pigmentable" system is a crap :)

Now, champion artifacts are built with abstract arrays, I mean lists are much likely symbols which point to other minilists with same name, reason why some champions will release certain artifacts and other bosses other artifacts.* But, for how it is built, I can't figure a way (due to my lack of coding skill) to include them in the "you can pigment them" system as a whole.

* I guess so... I haven't reached yet in the book the chapter about interfaces and delegates :p

So, now I have 3 solutions:
1) (the easy way) I just make a "list" of all possible champion artifacts, just for the purpose to declare it in the "you can pigment" part of code. It's a thing I can do in 5 minutes and I'm sure it will work.
2) Changing the whole system with the use of interfaces (IPigmentable?), just like the dye tub system
3) Try to figure if there is a way to include abstract non-static arrays in that part.

All of 3 should return in the end the result we want... the issue is to get which one will avoid
1) redundant and junk code;
2) the "spaghetti code" effect which will make next patches harder to code;
3) a big WTF from Mark and the rest of the RunUO Core Dev Team (see point 1 and 2)

It's not only to make it work... it's also to avoid as much crap as possible. According to some RunUO Team Members, we have put a lot of crap in the past. Now we have gained again some trust from them, it's crucial to make attention to this aspect.

In the meanwhile I come up with a solution (I believe I will ask for a consulence for the solution 3), I will come with another question:

Can you in OSI use a Tokuno Pigment on a decorative champion spawn artifact? Including lava/swamp/etc. tiles?

Thank you :)

Bama

Bug Huntress

osd_daedalus;733228 said:
Can you in OSI use a Tokuno Pigment on a decorative champion spawn artifact? Including lava/swamp/etc. tiles?

A pier that came from doing Oaks can not be pigmented.

Status
Not open for further replies.