UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Cutting from a corpse - Scissors should be disallowed (Tracker)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteZero

Sorceror
[SVN] Cutting from a corpse - Scissors should be disallowed (Tracker)

So why is it that you can open a corpse and reach it to take stuff out from a couple tiles away... but you need to be on the exact tile in order to cut leather and whatnot? This is just an annoyance and doesn't seem to make sense, not to mention a huge hassle when you are farming leathers from dragons (since their so big it's a little hard to be on the right spot).

Could we please make cutting distance the same as looting distance? Thanks!

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Cutting from a corpse - "Too Far Away"

I've just tested this on OSI, you cannot cut leather hides from within a corpse using scissors (you can on Demise), if you try you get a localized message saying "Items you wish to cut must be in your backpack".

I can't find any publish notes to say this has ever changed. The only thing I can find is the publish that introduced allowing to cut hides here http://update.uo.com/design_22.html

So the question is, has it always been this way?

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Cutting from a corpse - "Too Far Away"

Moved back from bugtracker.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Cutting from a corpse - Scissors should be disallowed (Tracker)

Nor can you cut them if they are on the ground but you can on Demise

Attachments

• Dusty Bottoms_12-19_19.15.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-19_19.15.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 91
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Cutting from a corpse - Scissors should be disallowed (Tracker)

Let's do this :mad:

Attachments

• hides.diff
    1.5 KB · Views: 5

Pont

Knight
Re: [TESTING-TC] Cutting from a corpse - Scissors should be disallowed (Tracker)

TEST RESULTS ON TEST SERVER:

You can't cut hides into leather from off the floor or in the corpse or in a container on the floor. You get the message "Items you wish to cut must be in your backpack". I also tried to cut them in the backpack of a hoard minion and pack animals. You get the message "That is not accessible".
You can cut them when they are in your backpack or in a container in your backpack.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

It's dinner time, serve it up in SVN.

Status
Not open for further replies.