UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Rune Beetle Armor Corruption Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gisela

Bug Hunter
[SVN] Rune Beetle Armor Corruption Broken

The rune beetle armor corruption "fix" in svn r333 actually adds 50% to all resists rather than reducing them by that amount.

REQUIRED FIELDS:
Behavior on Demise: Rune beetles "magically corrupt your armor" by adding to your acs.
Behavior on OSI: Rune beetles "magically corrupt your armor" by subtracting from your acs.
Supporting Documentation (URLs):
Changes needed: add the negative signs back into the code

Gisela

Bug Hunter
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Rune Beetle Armor Corruption Broken

And the code

Code:
Index: Scripts/Mobiles/Monsters/SE/RuneBeetle.cs
===================================================================
--- Scripts/Mobiles/Monsters/SE/RuneBeetle.cs    (revision 369)
+++ Scripts/Mobiles/Monsters/SE/RuneBeetle.cs    (working copy)
@@ -134,19 +134,19 @@
                 if ( Core.ML )
                 {
                     if ( defender.PhysicalResistance > 0 )
-                        mods.Add( new ResistanceMod( ResistanceType.Physical, defender.PhysicalResistance / 2 ) );
+                        mods.Add( new ResistanceMod( ResistanceType.Physical, -(defender.PhysicalResistance / 2) ) );

if ( defender.FireResistance > 0 )
-                        mods.Add( new ResistanceMod( ResistanceType.Fire, defender.FireResistance / 2 ) );
+                        mods.Add( new ResistanceMod( ResistanceType.Fire, -(defender.FireResistance / 2) ) );

if ( defender.ColdResistance > 0 )
-                        mods.Add( new ResistanceMod( ResistanceType.Cold, defender.ColdResistance / 2 ) );
+                        mods.Add( new ResistanceMod( ResistanceType.Cold, -(defender.ColdResistance / 2) ) );

if ( defender.PoisonResistance > 0 )
-                        mods.Add( new ResistanceMod( ResistanceType.Poison, defender.PoisonResistance / 2 ) );
+                        mods.Add( new ResistanceMod( ResistanceType.Poison, -(defender.PoisonResistance / 2) ) );

if ( defender.EnergyResistance > 0 )
-                        mods.Add( new ResistanceMod( ResistanceType.Energy, defender.EnergyResistance / 2 ) );
+                        mods.Add( new ResistanceMod( ResistanceType.Energy, -(defender.EnergyResistance / 2) ) );
                 }
                 else
                 {
@@ -236,4 +236,4 @@
             }
         }
     }
-}
\ No newline at end of file
+}

Attachments

• runebeetle.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 17

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Rune Beetle Armor Corruption Broken

Gisela, can you get that into the form of a .patch or .diff so people can import it easily for testing? I will move this to the in development area in the mean time.

Gisela

Bug Hunter
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Rune Beetle Armor Corruption Broken

The attachment is an svn diff. I just use the .txt extension for people whose browsers aren't set to handle the other mime types.

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin
Re: [TESTING] Rune Beetle Armor Corruption Broken

Very well, set to testing. For those who want to test and are not aware you can download the file and change the extension to diff and then use Toirtoise to apply it to your SVN copy.

Gisela

Bug Hunter

Sorry, I didn't know tortoise was so picky. I'll use .diff in the future.

Gisela

Bug Hunter

Please test this and perhaps even set it to priority. It is beyond ridiculous that the original patch went in at all, since it wasn't even tested by the coder.

[Demise]Yung

Sorceror
Re: [TESTING-TC] Rune Beetle Armor Corruption Broken

Hi. I guess this isn't in yet since it's still under [Testing]? Just don't want you to forget about this wonderful little moody beetle :)

[Demise]Yung;622446 said:
Hi. I guess this isn't in yet since it's still under [Testing]? Just don't want you to forget about this wonderful little moody beetle :)

I read it's under [Testing-TC]... it awaits only someone who logs in the TC and test it!

Do you want to test it? ;)

[Demise]Yung

Sorceror

osd_daedalus;622535 said:
I read it's under [Testing-TC]... it awaits only someone who logs in the TC and test it!

Do you want to test it? ;)

I gave it some tries, but couldn't get the rune beetles I tamed to corrupt any resistances. Edit, tried some different mobs today, and still couldn't get it to trigger.

Athena

Account Terminated

I've tried for a couple of days to get the rune beetles to do the armor corruption on me without success. I think that special move might be broken so I'm setting this back to development so it can be looked at.

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT-TC] Rune Beetle Armor Corruption Broken

I was just unlucky with the "1 in 20" chance of it happening before now. I finally managed to get one to do the armor corruption and it does half your resists, so this patch is ok.

[Demise]Yung

Sorceror

I've been trying this one as well, and got it to corrupt my armor when I was fighting a rune beetle melee. But when I tamed and bonded a rune beetle, and had it fight about a sh*t load of monsters, I didn't get the 'corruption sys message'.

I started training on hiryus, but went to the champ spawn in fire to get some more mobs to attack, and I couldn't see the system message while killing at least 100 monsters there, so does this work when you have a tamed rune beetle and have it attack something?

Athena

Account Terminated

You shouldn't see the message if the rune beetle is tamed and killing something else. The message is intended for the target it's fighting, so the tamer will not see that message.

[Demise]Yung

Sorceror

Ah, thanks for clearing that out, was asking about that previously on irc, but couldn't get it answered.

I can try it out on something that takes a while to kill, so it has the probability to use the skill on the monster, so I can use skill animal lore the monster several times before it dies, if that would be needed.

Athena

Account Terminated

You could give that a try, but the reduction of the resists only lasts a matter of seconds so it might be hard to catch it in time. But I'm happy that it works against players so it should work against other mobiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.