UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN] Sacrifice Virtue Possible Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion Lighter

Sorceror
[SVN] Sacrifice Virtue Possible Bug

I hope I got the format correct, if not I apologize ahead of time, as this is my first bug report post. Just tell me what needs fixing, and I'll get on it.

Not sure if this is a true bug, but the sacrifice virtue does not work properly given the right circumstances.

Behavior on Demise:
When you invoke the sacrifice virtue while hidden, then type something to reveal yourself before targeting the monster, the system reads it as the one per day sacrifice, but the monster does not disappear, you do not lose any fame and your sacrifice level does not increase.

So basically the once per day timer activates, but nothing else occurs, causing you to wait 24 hours before trying to increase the virtue again.

Behavior on OSI:
Not sure, but I think that the sacrifice virtue working properly in any circumstance would be what occurs.

Supporting Documentation (URLs): none

Changes needed:
I'm no programmer, but if I were to hazard a guess, there's a hiding check that's incorrectly placed, needs to go after, rather then before the action.

Code (optional):
see above

Orion Lighter

Sorceror
Re: Sacrifice Virtue Possible Bug

I never said it was used while hidden. The bug is if you double click the virtue, reveal yourself by talking, then click on the target monster, it doesn't work properly.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Orion Lighter;609457 said:
I never said it was used while hidden. The bug is if you double click the virtue, reveal yourself by talking, then click on the target monster, it doesn't work properly.

I never said you said blah blah blah
It does not work properly if you can activate the virtue while hidden.See it is broken there at that point.I said on OSI you can not be hidden and use this virtue.So if this is impossible to reproduce on OSI as you do on Demise what do you mean by the following statement?

Behavior on OSI:
Not sure, but I think that the sacrifice virtue working properly in any circumstance would be what occurs.

Do you consider this as a circumstance on OSI
double click the virtue, reveal yourself by talking, then click on the target monster,

so, the real bug is:

Behavior on Demise:
When you invoke the sacrifice virtue while hidden, then type something to reveal yourself before targeting the monster, the system reads it as the one per day sacrifice, but the monster does not disappear, you do not lose any fame and your sacrifice level does not increase.

Behavior on OSI:
You can't use sacrifice virtue while hidden.

But what do you have if you attempt to do it? Do you have some sort of message? Does the targeting cursor appear?

Orion Lighter

Sorceror

I.P.Knightly;609478 said:
I never said you said blah blah blah
Do you consider this as a circumstance on OSI
double click the virtue, reveal yourself by talking, then click on the target monster,

I'm sorry, again it's my first time, and I was just trying to clarify...

osd_daedalus;609577 said:
so, the real bug is:

Behavior on Demise:

Behavior on OSI:
You can't use sacrifice virtue while hidden.

But what do you have if you attempt to do it? Do you have some sort of message? Does the targeting cursor appear?

If you're taking about OSI behaviour, I don't have a clue. On Demise, the targeting cursor appears, but if you try to target something eligible while hidden, the system message is:

"You cannot do that while hidden."

Meanwhile, like I stated before, if you reveal yourself by speaking then target a creature, all I stated before happens.

Orion Lighter;609587 said:
I'm sorry, again it's my first time, and I was just trying to clarify...

Don't worry, glad you are trying to help and welcome to this forum section!

We have only to get the answer to the question that is in my signature then.

Athena

Account Terminated

I'll change this to coder needed as I.P.Knightly has already confirmed that you cannot use this virtue while hidden on OSI.

MalGanis

Sorceror
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Sacrifice Virtue Possible Bug

With this patch you cannot use this virtue while hidden. If you try, you will get this message: You cannot do that while hidden.

Attachments

• Sacrifice.patch
    703 bytes · Views: 18
Re: [TESTING] Sacrifice Virtue Possible Bug

Tested with a player either hidden and invisibled, I have the message You cannot do that while hidden.
No idea what else to test, I say it's OK for me.

psz

Administrator
Re: [TESTING] Sacrifice Virtue Possible Bug

Unless someone finds a problem, this one's pretty cut and dry for the 5 day timer.

gankwearinc

Wanderer
Re: [MERGED-TC] Sacrifice Virtue Possible Bug

I finally tested my first thing YAY!!!! worked fine!! I feel special lol good job

Status
Not open for further replies.